Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Simon Wiesenthal died.
C-2
Posted: September 20, 2005 05:13 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

At 96 the most eficient war criminals hunter (over 1000) died in Wiena.
PMUsers Website
RHLV
Posted: September 20, 2005 05:53 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 339

R.I.P.

Rich
PM
Victor
Posted: September 21, 2005 06:04 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Two posts that weren't contributing to the quality of the discussion were deleted.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
sid guttridge
Posted: September 21, 2005 07:24 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 591

Hi Guys,

Wiesenthal's record was truly remarkable. On average, his work exposed a war criminal every fortnight (1,100 over 60 years).

What is more, all those who he never caught up with had to spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders. Indeed, because he left an organisation to continue his work, even now the surviving war criminals cannot rest easy. Nor should they.

His was good work well done.

Cheers,

Sid.
PMEmail Poster
dragos
Posted: September 21, 2005 07:57 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (sid guttridge @ Sep 21 2005, 10:24 PM)
What is more, all those who he never caught up with had to spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders. Indeed, because he left an organisation to continue his work, even now the surviving war criminals cannot rest easy. Nor should they.

On this, I have second thoughts. I have recently seen the case of an old Romanian who was denounced as having participated in persecution of Jews, according to the program by which whoever denounce somebody who took part in such activities, and the denounced is found as guilty, the denouncer will receive a ransom. The old man was immobile in bed, due to age and illness, and was denying the accusations. Hell, many of our grandfathers in Romania are susceptible of having persecuting the Jews, as they were teenagers then, and very easy to be influenced by the society, and of course they would deny now. They probably also regret what they did. I think this measure has no moral benefit at this moment, as those they are picking on now were manipulated at that age, most of those realy responsible, with power of decision, have died of old age or other causes.

This post has been edited by dragos on September 21, 2005 08:10 pm
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Alexandru H.
Posted: September 21, 2005 08:22 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 57

Aha, so I should understand that this thread was made only for grieving members to express their life-long compassion for Mr. Wiesenthal? He was 96, for God's sake, he had quite a luck escaping Holocaust and by the end of his life became quite erratic, not knowing who to blame next (since all nazi survivors are dead and buried by now).

[edited by admin]
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: September 22, 2005 02:57 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

C-2 and Alexandru H., stop the nonsense.

Alexandru H., could you back up your affirmation with something:
by the end of his life became quite erratic, not knowing who to blame next (since all nazi survivors are dead and buried by now).

Like examples?
dragos
Posted: September 22, 2005 03:02 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

A note on my previous post. Manslaughter should never be excused. I was talking of cases like verbal aggression or assault against Jews, things I believe were probably common in the society of the time. Though I don't know what kind of criminals are looking after with the denouncing program.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Alexandru H.
Posted: September 22, 2005 05:30 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

Victor, if I give a link, you will call it an "untrusty source of hate and prejudice". Here you are...
[link removed by admin]

Ok, that is a racist site, but I am fateful to myself in considering most of the alternatives, not just official, not just underground. I won't do like Alan Gold, president of the "anti-defamation unit" of the Jewish-Zionist B'nai B'rith organization, who commented after the head of the website was forced by law to remove some materials: "The decision by McEvoy to order the removal of material from the Adelaide Institute's web site is one of the first serious moves to be made against the real menace which the Internet has made possible...Her decision should rightly send shockwaves through the Internet community, to the racists who publish their viewpoints and service providers who allow their businesses to be used by these people." (Sydney Morning Herald, Oct. 19)

So, if you don't want to hear this, I can simply say: "I've heard about him and the things he did in the last few years. I have no official source".

Oh, and if you consider banning me, I have Jewish blood and I will consider myself a victime rolleyes.gif
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: September 22, 2005 05:42 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

You are right. That is a racist site and the link has been removed. See details on the "Adelaide Institute" here.

Any objective sources?
Alexandru H.
Posted: September 22, 2005 05:51 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

QUOTE (Victor @ Sep 22 2005, 06:42 PM)
You are right. That is a racist site and the link has been removed. See details on the "Adelaide Institute" here.

Any objective sources?

The Wrath of God? biggrin.gif
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: September 22, 2005 06:37 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Any non-smartguy replies?
Florin
Posted: December 15, 2005 07:42 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

The Simon Wiesenthal center from Paris blocked and stopped, about 2 years ago, the intention of the international scientific groups to recognize Nicolae Paulescu as inventor of insulin.
The reason: Paulescu was sympathetic with the Iron Guard, in the days when this politic group was just nationalist, and many years before this party switched toward Germany.
But what has to do one with the other? Paulescu was the first to invent/discover the insulin, so why we should not recognize this? Following this logic, we should not recognize the German priorities in space level rockets and in axial fan turbojets.

What I think it really happened: The Jewish lobby groups from Canada, the country which for the moment claims priority in discovering the insulin, contacted their friends from Paris to start this action.
Since this story, the organization of Mr. Wiesenthal became a source of annoyance to me. They have too many fingers in too many cookies.

This post has been edited by Florin on December 15, 2005 07:44 am
PM
Kosmo
Posted: December 15, 2005 10:01 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 745

To bad that the axis war criminals are the only ones who get punished. He did a great job, but ... that was not justice because only the defeted were punished and the truth never came out. That was revenge and politics.
To kidnap a criminal makes you one!
I believe that we still need men like him to hunt the communists, all war criminals in Jugoslavia, Sudan, Rwanda, Cambodgia, etc, but I'm afraid that after the way the germans had their justice nobody will want to repeat that to soon.
PMEmail Poster
Suparatu
Posted: December 15, 2005 01:11 pm
Quote Post

Caporal
Group Icon

Member No.: 721

Of course one could add that a similar institution to bring to justice people like Rumsfeld, Cheney, Bush may be in order....
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0490 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]