Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (17) « First ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Are there any Romanian WWII reenactment societies?
Claudiu1988
Posted: January 26, 2006 06:32 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 398

Here is the link

My Webpage
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: January 26, 2006 06:36 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

This set was on sale earlier, too.
No footwear, though.

I believe it's a fair price for such a custom made repro set.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on January 26, 2006 06:39 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
mihnea
  Posted: January 26, 2006 06:50 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

Thanks Claudiu, something is strange, very strange, exactly the same kit was for sale a few months ago and was sold!?

There is something fishy with this thing; see this: http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=2360&st=60

So potential buyers be aware!! ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by mihnea on January 26, 2006 06:55 pm
PMEmail Poster
darius1941
Posted: January 26, 2006 11:02 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 725

The gentleman who is selling the reproduction uniform on ebay return my email early this morning with a answer to my question.
I asked him what the cost would be for the tunic,trouser,leggings,gasmask bag and breadbag.
These are the items which I would like too buy and he quoted a price of $250.00,shipping not included.
Even his original price of $350.00 is not bad at all,(To buy a good reprodution german tunic you are talking that price or higher).

But if any of you guys have any thoughts about how honest this guy is,please let us know as I rather be safe than sorry in this kind of dealings! unsure.gif
Rhaught has been in contact with another gentleman at the museum and this may be a better source to find what we need.

I have had 3 dealing with guys over in romania concerning buying items and two of the deals went very well with no problems!
The last deal I am still not sure of as the guy said he sent the item out but it never arrive! wink.gif
He had more items too sell but I did not buy anything else and dropped contact with him.
To bad as his father was in the romanian army and he told me the story about how they feed Dog meat to some german soldier when they demanded pig meat!!!
You do not find those kind of story in the books to offen.

PMEmail PosterYahoo
RHaught
Posted: January 27, 2006 09:33 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

QUOTE (mihnea @ Jan 26 2006, 06:50 PM)
Thanks Claudiu, something is strange, very strange, exactly the same kit was for sale a few months ago and was sold!?

There is something fishy with this thing; see this: http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=2360&st=60

So potential buyers be aware!! ph34r.gif

Maybe contact the buyer of the last auction to see if they got it without any problems. If people got ripped off then they are usually willing to tell others! wink.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Kepi
Posted: January 31, 2006 12:57 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

Czech reenactors playing romanian WW2 soldiers.

Even if the uniforms and equipment are not very accurate, their enthousism is very moving.

They could be invited for the Museum “Open Gates” show.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
http://www.michalus.zde.cz/
PMEmail Poster
mihnea
Posted: January 31, 2006 02:13 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

QUOTE (Kepi @ Jan 31 2006, 12:57 PM)
They could be invited for the Museum “Open Gates” show. 

Not this year, this year the "Open Gates" will have the 1877-Independence theme.

QUOTE (Kepi @ Jan 31 2006, 12:57 PM)
http://www.michalus.zde.cz/

To find the page you have to access “KVH 43.p.pl. Brno” link in the site posted by Kepi (to find it easier: Ctrl+F to open the search menu).

PS Some one should tell them about the red star in white circle from their truck.

This post has been edited by mihnea on January 31, 2006 02:15 pm
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: January 31, 2006 09:09 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Isn't that Italian cammo those two guys have on?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Kepi
Posted: February 01, 2006 11:52 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

QUOTE (RHaught @ Jan 31 2006, 09:09 PM)
Isn't that Italian cammo those two guys have on?

Italian camouflage jackets were not common to Romanian soldiers during WW2. There was not a camouflage scheme in the Romanian army. However, different types of captured (german, hungarian) camouflage items were sometimes carried.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: February 05, 2006 04:21 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Appears to be more for living history then reenacting. Nothing like getting up in the mud, grabbing your gear, heading off for 24 hours of "combat" and heading home red eyed and tired (this happens to me more in WWI than WWII). Also, has anyone bought items/uniforms from the man at the National Military Museum? What about the quality? Will be stopping to purchase items for the kit there since it seems he has items that are near to the originals. Coming for 3 weeks this summer so if anyone can let me know any good places around Iasi to maybe find some items that are original would be useful as well.

This post has been edited by RHaught on February 05, 2006 04:22 am
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
mihnea
Posted: February 05, 2006 06:49 am
Quote Post

Capitan

QUOTE (RHaught @ Feb 5 2006, 04:21 AM)
Appears to be more for living history then reenacting. Nothing like getting up in the mud, grabbing your gear, heading off for 24 hours of "combat" and heading home red eyed and tired (this happens to me more in WWI than WWII).

I agree with you. I would love to see more reenactments and fewer living history events. But this is how it is in continental Europe, in the west there are no reenactments as there are few German reenactors.

For example in the '90s there was a huge reenactment at Waterloo in Belgium but some reenactors got drunk and started some fights so from that moment onwards the reenactment was banned.

Here in the east are more reenactments, you should have seen Austerlitz 2005 that was huge but it had also some living history events.

Because of the lack of money the best sponsor remains the army but the army wants more living history and more public than sating alone over night in a trench. Also the gun laws are very hard in many eastern countries, compared to the ones in the states.
PMEmail Poster
mihnea
Posted: February 05, 2006 07:07 am
Quote Post

Capitan

QUOTE (RHaught @ Feb 5 2006, 04:21 AM)
Also, has anyone bought items/uniforms from the man at the National Military Museum? What about the quality? Will be stopping to purchase items for the kit there since it seems he has items that are near to the originals.

The MMN shop has great equipment at good prices, has only military equipment. I recommend this shop to everybody. It is far better than the shops from Covaci street, that have big prices (but if you come in Bucharest you have to go there, sometimes you can find bargains).

This post has been edited by mihnea on February 06, 2006 05:43 am
PMEmail Poster
Carol I
Posted: February 06, 2006 07:11 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

QUOTE (mihnea @ Feb 5 2006, 07:49 AM)
For example in the '90s there was a huge reenactment at Waterloo in Belgium but some reenactors got drunk and started some fights so from that moment onwards the reenactment was banned.

The ban was not permanent as the battle was recreated as recently as June 2005: History fans recreate Waterloo.

user posted image
BBC News.
PM
RHaught
Posted: February 07, 2006 10:25 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

mihnea

so it is a must for the NMM; what about the shops you mentioned? believe that the 2nd day there going to see Dragos at the museum to get the uniform and gear however would like to get a mountain troop beret as well, any suggestions?

enjoyed the Waterloo article, thanks Carol

some of my friends went in 2002 to reenact the Lost Battalion, too bad I wasn't doing WWI then since I would have loved to go
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
mihnea
Posted: February 07, 2006 10:44 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

If you want a original mountain troop beret it is very hard to find, but for any kind of uniform parts (beret, caps, insignia etc) ask Dragos.

The shops I mentioned are in the old part of town on Covaci street (in fact the center) you should go there as I said you can find very interesting things if you are lucky and know were to look.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (17) « First ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0883 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]