Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> WW1 Romanian Mannlicher M93 Research Question
Stef1793
Posted: April 03, 2022 03:08 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 4524

Hello! smile.gif I hope this is okay to post here-honestly, this question could fit in several sections of the forum, so if this is the wrong space, feel free to let me know and I will move it!

I am working with the Association “Traditia Militara” Romanian re-enacting group to create a 3D model kit of a Romanian soldier from the First World War that can be downloaded and built by anyone! We are aiming for total historical accuracy in order to ensure the preservation of history. I am having some trouble researching the Romanian M93 Mannlicher rifle, since there isn't a ton of information on it.

Specifically, I am wondering: what type of sling would have been issued with the rifle during this period? We want to make sure all the details of the historical Romanian soldier are preserved and I cannot seem to find any information on the sling. Historical photos also don't really help, as it can be very difficult to make out details.

Does anyone have any information on the model and color of sling used? I would greatly appreciate any help! smile.gif I have been searching for several weeks with no luck!
PMEmail Poster
Stef1793
Posted: April 11, 2022 02:26 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 4524

just wanted to bump this topic...can anyone please help? I need this for an accurate reconstruction of a soldier!
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1251 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]