Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> medal
Claudiu1988
Posted: March 10, 2005 05:58 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 398

Hello,

Can someone tell me if a officer could heve for example the Star of Romanian for military in time of war and also the Star of Romania for military in time of pace (both the same grade).
I saw medal bars with the Star of Romania for combatants and the Crown of Romania for civils.Is this possible?

This post has been edited by Claudiu1988 on March 11, 2005 07:10 am
PMEmail Poster
Carol I
Posted: March 10, 2005 06:34 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

I am not certain what you meant by "combatants in time of pace". As "combatant" is equivalent to "fighter", "combatant in time of peace" would mean "fighter in time of peace" which is a strange way to put it. You probably refer to the military division of the order which was reserved to the military personnel.

Thus, if I understood you correctly, the answer is: Yes, it could have happened that a person received both the war badge and the peace badge of the same Romanian national order.
PM
Carol I
Posted: March 10, 2005 06:39 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

QUOTE (Claudiu1988 @ Mar 10 2005, 06:58 PM)
I saw medal bars with the Star of Romania for combatants and the Crown of Romania for civils.Is this possible?

Only now I have noticed this. Yes, it was possible. The person had a distinguished civilian activity which entitled him to the Order of the Crown of Romania for civilians. Then, while he was called under arms during a war, he performed bravery feats for which he has received the war version of the Order of the Star of Romania.
PM
Claudiu1988
Posted: March 11, 2005 07:05 am
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 398

Thank you very much.

PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1037 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]