Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian Bf-109 E "yellow 37", A well made 1/72 kit pictures
Dénes
Posted: March 03, 2005 05:01 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Agarici @ Mar 3 2005, 09:40 PM)
Are there any sources to back-up your information, or it is just the fact that if the plane’s number was 37 there’s got to be more than 37 planes received smile.gif? I'll be glad if such sources exist.

What I wrote is based on documents.

German-Italian ultimatum (and a note for Mr. Denes – it was a Diktate because for Romania the alternative for accepting it was a military invasion).

The historical reality was not that simple. Please check out the thread dedicated to this thorny issue.

This would make a total of over 200 planes
Why do you consider only the fighter airplanes? In an offensive, bombers and attack airplanes are the key.
BTW, in June 1940, there were a total of 587 front line airplanes in ARR, including 122 fighters.
However, the outcome of a war is decided on the ground, not in the air.

Anyway more than a match for the Hungarian Air Force...

Of course, as Hungary was forbidden to have an air force until Sept. 1938. People tend to forget this fact.

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Agarici
Posted: March 03, 2005 05:30 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Group: Members
Member No.: 522

You're right Denes (but about the "diktate" smile.gif); my answer was for Cantacuzino and when I posted it your replies were already there.

In my post I was talking in the terms of a “mind game”. In 1939, in a discussion with the prime minister Calinescu, Romanian defense minister and the general chief of staff characterized the Romanian fighter planes as “vechi si proaste” (old and bad). I only wanted to say that with the new data that Cantacuzino was implying the situation would have been changed… And I was only refereeing to fighters because Cantacuzino did not brought up any news about Romanian bomber command (I’m joking, there was no such a thing smile.gif)

About the Diktate, I know that technically it could be consider an arbitration. Romania accepted the PRINCIPLE of arbitration but without knowing the possible outcome; after Manoliescu fainted and they found out smile.gif there was the Crown Council to discuss about THE RESULTS of the arbitration. And the fact that they was facing invasion and was threatened with that (and I’m not talking about Hungary now, but about Germany and Italy) is what makes the arbitration a diktate. That’s what I was trying to say. And I know the things were more complicated, but sometimes your attitude seem to me biased when it comes to Hungary (as in the matter concerning the guy convicted for war crimes, apparently a good poet – I don’t remember his name right now – I think in the topic about Antonescu). It would be sad for a guy who knows a lot about the air forces and live in the same country with Will Kimlicka to sound like a XIX century nationalist smile.gif

And you were right again, Hungary and Bulgaria reconstituted their air forces only in 1938.

This post has been edited by Agarici on March 03, 2005 05:31 pm
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: March 03, 2005 06:09 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Agarici @ Mar 3 2005, 11:30 PM)
my answer was for Cantacuzino and when I posted it your replies were already there.

I see. Issue clarified.

In 1939, in a discussion with the prime minister Calinescu, Romanian defense minister and the general chief of staff characterized the Romanian fighter planes as “vechi si proaste” (old and bad).

There was a significant change in both quantity and quality of the ARR's aircraft park from 1930 to 1940 (and further on, in 1941).

About the Diktate, I know that technically it could be consider an arbitration.

That's my point, exactly. Since both parties accepted a priori the arbitration of Germany and Italy regardless of the outcome, it was not a diktat.

your attitude seem to me biased when it comes to Hungary

It might sound as such to you, Mr. Agarici, I can't help it. And it might sound as pro-Rumanian for a Hungarian nationalist. I can't help that one, eiher. Such is life.

as in the matter concerning the guy convicted for war crimes, apparently a good poet – I don’t remember his name right now – I think in the topic about Antonescu

You're referring to Albert Wass. It has been proven recently that when the crimes attributed to him by the so-called 'People's Court' in the early Communist era have happened, he was far away from the scene. The whole "trial" was a sham.
BTW, he was primarily a writer. One of his works was translated in Rumanian, too (with the title 'Sub scaunul Domnului'). Read it and you might change your mind about this "war criminal".

It would be sad for a guy who knows a lot about the air forces and live in the same country with Will Kimlicka to sound like a XIX century nationalist smile.gif

I don't know who is Will Kimlicka, but I will look for his name.

As for how I sound to you, see my comment above.

Gen. Dénes
Victor
Posted: March 04, 2005 01:05 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Agarici @ Mar 3 2005, 06:42 PM)
Which was the standard for using the national markings ("cocarde", roundels) for airplanes until May 1941? As I know, this is the date when the air force switch to queen Mary's cross ("crucea reginei Maria”, like in my avatar).

The new symbol, dubbed the King Michael Cross or simply the Michael Cross (notice that it is made up of four M letters) was painted starting from 13 June 1941.

The Queen Mary Cross was an award for the medical service of the army adopted during WWI and had a very different shape from this marking.
Agarici
Posted: March 05, 2005 08:50 am
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 522

Thanks Victor!
PMEmail Poster
Carol I
Posted: March 10, 2005 07:10 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

QUOTE (Victor @ Mar 4 2005, 02:05 PM)
The Queen Mary Cross was an award for the medical service of the army adopted during WWI and had a very different shape from this marking.

Agarici was not that wrong. There was indeed a Cross of Queen Mary (though not the one he was referring to) well before the establishment of the award you mention. The fact is that the Order of Queen Mary Cross took the name of the cross and not the other way around. Take a look at this page of the Queen Marie Photoalbum to see the cross used as early as May 1904, i.e., 13 years before the Order of Queen Mary Cross was founded.
PM
Bernard Miclescu
Posted: March 20, 2005 05:59 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 53

Hello Cantacuzino,

A nice model indeed. The decals were bought? If yes i'm interesting.
I saw that a new "kit house", Romanian one, pruposes an Emil E-3 ,Serbanescu's no 35 at 1/72 scale. It should be interesting, in WingMasters French magazine the accuracy of the kit is appreciated. I think that the "house" has some relations with Modelism.

As for the IAR 80 model, i do not know if you can find one. Try the Airmagazine french edition (i think that you can write in English) airmagazine@wanadoo.fr

Yours,
Bm
PMMSN
Posted: March 20, 2005 06:34 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 488

The ParcModels company has really nothing to do with Modelism,
they intend to release as many ARR planes as they can...First they started with
two 109s, an E3 and E4, than two MiG-21 Lancers (single and two seater) and two MiG-29s (also single and twin seater)...they intend to do a PZL 24 and , of course an IAR-80 by the end of this summer !
Check their site, www.parcmodels.ro
This is not intended as advertising, merely information.
PMEmail Poster
Ruy Aballe
Posted: March 21, 2005 10:53 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 247

Do you know if the kits are new, I mean produced with new moulds?
I am asking this because I suspect that the 109's moulds might be of Ukrainian origin (Amodel, possibly, or maybe even ICM) and the IAR 80 can be the MPM "attempt" (which suffers from several shape defects, namely in the canopy).
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Cheers,

Ruy
PM
Posted: March 21, 2005 10:57 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Indeed, while the 109s are ICM reissues (actually Tamiya - the best 109E kits ever in 1/72) the Migs are of Ukrainean origin (Condor I think). The PZL and IAR will be brand new!
The MPM attempt sufferes im many more respects than the canopy sad.gif...

This post has been edited by 109 on March 21, 2005 10:58 am
PMEmail Poster
Ruy Aballe
Posted: March 21, 2005 11:17 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 247

Thanks for your clarification!
Yes, unfortunately MPM's IAR 80 is a sort of caricature of the real aircraft. I wonder how they got it SO wrong, given the existence of good plans, plenty of photos and other reference material! I was terribly disappointed when they released the kit a few years ago...
I am glad to hear that we will have a new P.24 and, of course, a I.A.R. 80. I don't to be annoying, but do you know if more than one P.24 version will be considered? I would like to build a Greek one too - for those who like to work in 1/48, there's no problem because a Polish firm has just released several P.24 in the bigger scale (Mirage). They are also planning a P.23 in 1/72 scale, which is a good new.

Ruy

PM
Posted: March 21, 2005 01:45 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

No problemo,

They will most probably release the PZL that ARR had in inventory, the E type I think. I doubt there are significant differences between the ARR anf the Hellenic PZLs. Most probably for commercial reasons they will consider more versions, in order to be more attractive to other markets.
Cheers, Eduard
PMEmail Poster
Posted: March 21, 2005 01:55 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

A couple of pics with my Es

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
Posted: March 21, 2005 01:56 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Vinca's E3

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
Posted: March 21, 2005 01:57 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

And a E4, the famous 65

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0321 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]