Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Border incidents with the Soviet Union
Mircea87
Posted: May 28, 2010 01:21 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 2812

Could someone please give me some info about the border incidents prior to and after the annexation of Bukovina and Bessarabia to the Soviet Union?

I'm interested about official reports after the Giurgiulesti events (where the Romanian R2 tanks opened fire against the T40 tanks) and the border incidents after the annexation of Bessarabia. Allegedly, all border incidents with the soviets stopped after the German Army entered Romania.
PMEmail Poster
JiriTintera
Posted: November 08, 2011 08:47 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 1327

Dear Colleague,
reference to the conflict in space Galac-Giurgiulesti refers colleague Sorin at http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=5493

His contribution is in Romanian, so I do not know what it is. I quote: "nu reusesc sa descarc imaginile.
cum pot sa le pun ca atasamente sau ...
nu stiu ce soft este acesta dar ma depaseste

3 poze , tancuri februarie 1940 (inainte de intrarea rusilor in Basarabia; au participat in 1940 la batalia de la Giurgiulesti unde 70 t40 au incercat sa ocupe Galatiul . Ai nostri au reusit performanta sa faca ko un t40 si sa le puna pe fuga pe celelalte. Daca nu ma insel nu s-a incheiat nici un armistitiu.
dati-mi o adresa de mail sa atasez imaginile ca nu ma descurc"

This post has been edited by JiriTintera on November 08, 2011 08:53 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Victor
Posted: November 09, 2011 10:28 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

See this older topic as well: http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=1396

Please continue the discussion there.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.4418 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]