Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (105) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tidal Wave Footage Photos, 15th AAF and Luftwaffe, 'Black Sunday', 1 August 1943
alexkdl
Posted: December 08, 2004 12:25 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 373

PLOESTI HEROS

This post has been edited by Victor on July 16, 2005 07:45 am
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 08, 2004 12:31 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

Hello Denes

Was meant 200 feet or Meter 60 aproy missed a digit

This post has been edited by alexkdl on December 08, 2004 03:54 pm
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 08, 2004 01:32 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

COL .LEO JOHNSON , EIGHT BALLS SQD , ONE OF THE LEADERS OF THE PLOESTI RAID AND A CHM RECEPIENT

This post has been edited by alexkdl on December 08, 2004 03:55 pm

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: December 08, 2004 07:23 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

Alex, many B-24 in you pictures are not "D" model usde in Tidal Wave so probably there are pictures from 1944 with B-24 H. You can see the front turret guns different from D-models.
PM
cipiamon
Posted: December 08, 2004 02:13 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

The Ploiesti ones worth verry much for me, thanks a million alexkdl !!!
Too bad you can't copy the dvd sad.gif
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 08, 2004 02:58 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Cantacuzino @ Dec 8 2004, 07:23 AM)
Alex, many B-24 in you pictures are not "D" model usde in Tidal Wave so probably there are pictures from 1944 with B-24 H. You can see the front turret guns different from D-models.

Hello ,

I may partially agree with you regarding the auto turet which were installed on the later models though check with all the concerned Bombardment Groups , some were used on tidalwave...also all films are strictly from Tidalwave and from 44th Bmb Grp Archives in Illinois and Virginia

Best Regards
Alex
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 08, 2004 03:01 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (C-2 @ Dec 7 2004, 07:50 PM)
I saw some time ago,at Medin Robanescu's office,a great T.wave photo:
A B 24 who made a belly landing and somehow stall at some moment and got his nose into the muddy groung and his tail up.Big as a house!.

C-2 have you seen the Boilmaker II crash landing nose down photo on this topic ? what do you think ?

Al
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 08, 2004 03:25 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Here is the site you can see some raid videos :

http://www.homeofheroes.com/video/index.html[/URL]

Ploesti has a similar meaning to me as to you, I was born not too far from Ploesti( Bucuresti) exactly at the date 7 years later ...my uncle was Maj.Dr. with Roumanian AA Divisions round Baneasa and Otopeni and my dad was a Col. ( Politruc) in Roumanian Army till 1955 later a top government employee with Consiliu Central Al Syndicatelor ,he had a a good friend a Capt on IL-18 till 1970 at Tarom and former AAR Transport Pilot ...therefore since my childhood the Ploesti Raid has fascinated me, I used to ride my bike to Baneasa Airport to see airplanes and stop on my way at the US Airmen Cimitary and wonder about all these brave men who've lost their lives in Roumania.....and may have been the catalytic element for becoming a military pilot in due course of my life.................In addition never before on the history of human conflict field the US Congress has awarded somany Medals of Honours like on the Aug 1, 1943 and it will remain as one of the greatest military airborne events in the history of US Military Aviation and Military Aviation in general.

Rgds
Alex

George Guzzi

The Sandman, piloted by Lt. Robert W. Sternfels, and Chugalug, piloted by Capt. Leroy Morgan (both of the 98th Bomb Group) run the gauntlet of flak trains, antiaircraft fire, propwash, explosions from delayed-action bombs dropped by the 93rd Bomb Group and barrage balloons. After dropping their bombs on the White IV refinery, they break out of the inferno, dodge smoke stacks, rush into clear air and start the long, dangerous flight back to their desert base with enemy fighters lurking along the way.

This post has been edited by Victor on July 16, 2005 07:45 am
PM
LiberandosTG
Posted: December 08, 2004 04:03 pm
Quote Post

Soldat
Group Icon

Member No.: 411

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 7 2004, 01:04 PM)
Hello to All

FOR THOSE WHO WANA SEE A STREAMED FOOTAGE FROM THE 44TH BMB SQ PLEASE GO TO http://www.homeofheroes.com/video/index.htmlploesti

Before Santa may show up with gifits for those who were naughty and nice....I have here some footages which I have photographed after being played back on my DVD therefore the quality of the photos may be rather poor and rather insignificant to the viewers. I will will post the photos of the footage I've got from 44th Bmb Grp, 376th SQd etc without comments. Photos wehere taken from those liberator who managed to get back to Benghazi , captured footages from Luftwaffe after the war by the Americans and even some gun camera photos of AAR....your comments, criticizm and getting a number on line for the complaint department is mostly welcome

Alex

1ST PHOTO WRONG BRIDGE, WRONG TRACK , WRONG COURSE ON THE WAY TO THE TARGET....WRONG COURSE INTERCEPTION AT CAMPINA .....FLYING NOW TO BUCHAREST

I SAW YOUR THREAD ON OUR TIDALWAVE , I AM A FORMER TG ON A B-24 FROM 376 BOMB.GROUP , I WAS OVER PLOESTI...YOU MADE MY DAY ALEX, THIS IS THE GREATEST WAY TO REVIVE OUR MEMORIES, EVEN I AM RATHER VERY OLD , LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED A WINGMAN...I GONNA JOIN YA,,,, GOD BLESS YOU ALEX AND MY FRIENDS FROM 376TH SALTUE YOU !!!!

BLUE SKIES
BRIAN

[LiberandosTG was in fact an avatar of alexkdl and was later banned - admin comment]
PMEmail Poster
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: December 08, 2004 07:36 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Member No.: 328

LiberandosTG welcome to this forum. In behalf of my virtual squadron I salute you and all those brave airmen !

I wonder if you could help me with something: right now I am working on a movie project regarding US operations above Romania on 23rd June 1944, 376th BG was part of these operations.Any informations regarding that day (stories from fellow airmen, pictures, anything) would be a great addition and will help me make a better movie dedicated to all those who took to the air in those troubled days.

Salute !~
PMUsers Website
C-2
Posted: December 08, 2004 08:28 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 8 2004, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (C-2 @ Dec 7 2004, 07:50 PM)
I saw some time ago,at Medin Robanescu's office,a great T.wave photo:
A B 24 who made a belly landing and somehow stall at some moment and got his nose into the muddy groung and his tail up.Big as a house!.

C-2 have you seen the Boilmaker II crash landing nose down photo on this topic ? what do you think ?

Al

Sorry ,That's not the one.... sad.gif
The one I'm talking about was practicaly vertical ohmy.gif
PMUsers Website
Mareşal Boboescu
Posted: December 08, 2004 08:35 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 397

Superbe pictures!
God save Aviatia Romana!
I am absolutelly stund!
The comments, I must add, are quite to the point.
And another thing, doesn't Romanian corn rule?! You can find allmost anything in it.

HONOR ET PATRIA

Ml. B.
PMEmail Poster
C-2
Posted: December 08, 2004 08:43 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

Photo from E.Hladiuk colection.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMUsers Website
alexkdl
Posted: December 08, 2004 11:05 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

C-2 When was that photos taken and by whom ? Anyways if you know comd. Hladuc people or his sphere can you ask to identify the AAR pilots on the attached photos eventually those of the Luftwaffe ,which were taken shortly after Tidalwave ?

Alex

This post has been edited by alexkdl on December 08, 2004 11:22 pm

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
dragos
Posted: December 08, 2004 11:35 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 8 2004, 02:45 AM)
Bombs Away over Boucharest

I presume it is about the bombers that due to navigation problems had to redirect over Bucharest. They dropped the bombs on Bucharest on their own initiative or they had specific orders?
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (105) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.5880 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]