Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (105) « First ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tidal Wave Footage Photos, 15th AAF and Luftwaffe, 'Black Sunday', 1 August 1943
alexkdl
Posted: March 03, 2005 11:43 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 373

Dan

Thanks for posting the T B M II of ARR ..he did a great job. Btw any progress regarding JOSE CARIOCA profile ? Due to price I wont buy Timberlakes memoires and as such I wont be able to supply you with crew photos

Al
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: March 04, 2005 07:46 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

Dan

Thanks for posting the T B M II of ARR ..he did a great job. Btw any progress regarding JOSE CARIOCA profile ? Due to price I wont buy Timberlakes memoires and as such I wont be able to supply you with crew photos

Al

I will do it in this weekend.

Until then look at this color pictures made by Ivan Dmitri at Benghazi with Daisy crew after TW raid. ( from his book "Flying to everywhere")

Dan.

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on March 04, 2005 07:47 am

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: March 04, 2005 07:50 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Until then look at this color pictures made by Ivan Dmitri at Benghazi with Daisy crew after TW raid. ( from his book "Flying to everywhere")

Dan.

B-24 "Daisy" wounded crew member ( Gioana) visited by his mates.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: March 04, 2005 11:02 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

Great photos of the Daisy Mae photos ..I had them in B & W

Nice Weekend

Al
PM
alexkdl
Posted: March 06, 2005 12:03 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

I ran across your search for info on CHUG-A-LUG and pilot Leroy Morgan.

I'm sorry to inform you that Mr. Morgan passed away Feb. 27 2005 in Jackson Tenn. He and his wife Ann lived in Yucaipa Ca. for over 50 year and recently moved to Tenn. to be closer to their son Wayne. I knew the Morgan's through our church connection's, they where both quite involved in church activities.
I was aware that he was a B-24 Pilot in the Ploesti Raid but didn't know what all he had been through. After reading his Obituary and seeing all of his achievements, I'm now researching and trying to learn all I can. From what I'm reading it must have been a hell of a ride.

If you have any info on CHUG-A-LUG or her crew and you could pass it along, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will always remember him with fond memories and a smile on his face.

Thank you
Ray Stoneham
PM
alexkdl
Posted: March 06, 2005 12:10 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

For my TW US mates I found a few very rare photos while browsing for other info on my book USAAF HANDBOOK 1939-1945 of Martin Bowman ( not Bormann)

The first photos is Jummy Stewart visiting the 44th Bmb Grp in UK several weeks after TW meeting with the TW crews who flew over Ploesti

Al

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: March 06, 2005 12:20 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Also the photos bellow is from the same book.....a rare and not widly published photos at the 44th Bmb Grp and 2nd AD in UK.

First from left seated Col.Jack Wood, next to him Ted Timberlake and last from the right standing Lt Ramsey Pots who decided on his own to leave the errand formation of Col.Comptopn heading for Bucharest together with the pilot of the other aircraft the Brewery Wagon of J.Palm . Pots was promoted to Col. in less than 5 months after TW ( a record none brooke yet at the USAAF).

Deoes anyone knows anything about Ramsey Pots ?

Al

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: March 06, 2005 12:27 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

The crew depicted on the photo bellow is from the 93rd Bmb Grp which was shot in 1942 at Alconbury UK ...crews participated later on at TW. Can anyone identify the aircraft name beased on the nose art ?

Thanks
Al
=========================================

Hi Alex,

This is the crew of 'Flying Cock' s/n 41-23725. Pilot Llewellyn Brown (5th from right) and Nav. John Hunt (3rd from right w/headphones) are the only Tidal Wave veterans in the photo. Check out pg. 51 of Ted's Traveling Circus for further ID of this crew.

Pat

This post has been edited by alexkdl on March 08, 2005 03:37 am

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: March 07, 2005 07:11 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Post will be replaced.

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on March 08, 2005 07:59 am
PM
alexkdl
Posted: March 07, 2005 10:41 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

Dan, thanks very much for the profile , great work....its a shame the other crew members arent available

Best Regards
Al
PM
jjg449
Posted: March 08, 2005 03:19 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 489

Hello Alex,
Thank you for the Jose Carioca profile. Several corrections though. The picture you have as Canfield is actually Charles Young. In the picture I sent you of Young and Canfield standing together in front of the plane, Canfield is on the left. Also, the correct names for the crew is Gomillion, Michener, and Dailey. I truly appreciate all you're doing. I'm still trying for photos of all the crew.

With Best Regards,
Joe Gonzales
San Antonio, Texas
PMEmail Poster
alexkdl
Posted: March 08, 2005 03:24 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

Hello Jim

The info I received from Joe was submitted to Dan who on his turn made the profile of JC I am certain he has possibilities to make changes. To be honest I didnt have the time to go through JC crew roaster and double check correct the right roaster
Thanks
Al
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: March 08, 2005 07:15 am
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Hello Alex,
Thank you for the Jose Carioca profile. Several corrections though. The picture you have as Canfield is actually Charles Young. In the picture I sent you of Young and Canfield standing together in front of the plane, Canfield is on the left. Also, the correct names for the crew is Gomillion, Michener, and Dailey. I truly appreciate all you're doing. I'm still trying for photos of all the crew.

With Best Regards,
Joe Gonzales
San Antonio, Texas

Thanks for corections, today i will make the changes.

Dan.
PM
alexkdl
Posted: March 08, 2005 02:54 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

To all TW mates, for those who didnt see yet the footages from A WING AND A PRAYER of Lt Walt Stewart pilot of the UTAH MAN , I will several photos from one of the best ever left colour footages of TW .

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: March 08, 2005 02:56 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

Walt Stewart and Hugh Ropper ( pilot of the Exterminator) while still together in UK in 1942

A WING & A PRAYER

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (105) « First ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1981 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]