Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (105) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tidal Wave Footage Photos, 15th AAF and Luftwaffe, 'Black Sunday', 1 August 1943
alexkdl
Posted: December 07, 2004 01:04 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 373

Hello to All

I am starting this Topic in the memories of all the brave aircrew who sacrficed their lives to shorten the war and liberate our world from tirrany and atrocities of Hiltler and his 3d Reich , because without it Luftwaffe capabilities to attack and be on combat status would have caused many more casualties. I dont want to put down the bravery of the ARR pilots who their duty was to defend their country and obey orders, I also dont want to call Luftwaffe pilots as war criminals ( except with some exceptions) because most of them fought a war which wasnt their own ( e.G. Oblt H.J.Marseille)......and personally I think TIDALWAVE was the greatest and bravest known aerial bombing mission in the history of modern military aviation.

FOR THOSE WHO WANA SEE A STREAMED FOOTAGE FROM THE 44TH BMB SQ PLEASE GO TO http://www.homeofheroes.com/video/index.htmlploesti

Before Santa may show up with gifits for those who were naughty and nice....I have here some footages which I have photographed after being played back on my DVD therefore the quality of the photos may be rather poor and rather insignificant to the viewers. I will will post the photos of the footage I've got from 44th Bmb Grp, 376th SQd etc without comments. Photos wehere taken from those liberator who managed to get back to Benghazi , captured footages from Luftwaffe after the war by the Americans and even some gun camera photos of AAR....your comments, criticizm and getting a number on line for the complaint department is mostly welcome

Alex

1ST PHOTO WRONG BRIDGE, WRONG TRACK , WRONG COURSE ON THE WAY TO THE TARGET....WRONG COURSE INTERCEPTION AT CAMPINA .....FLYING NOW TO BUCHAREST

This post has been edited by Victor on July 16, 2005 07:39 am
PM
dragos
Posted: December 07, 2004 02:04 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Very interesting photographs, but try not to quote your own descriptions all over again.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Victor
Posted: December 07, 2004 04:45 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Alexkdl, you can post also by pushing the Add Reply button in the lower right corner of the page. I have cleared the thread of the unwanted quotes.

Great footage!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
cipiamon
Posted: December 07, 2004 04:45 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

alexkdl - i am schocked, incredible footage!!! I am searching for photos and videos on this event for a long time and i NEVER seen this ones, and no comment about the ARR "fotomitraliera" blink.gif
Can we buy a copy of your dvd, or sommething?
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 07, 2004 07:21 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (cipiamon @ Dec 7 2004, 04:45 PM)
alexkdl - i am schocked, incredible footage!!! I am searching for photos and videos on this event for a long time and i NEVER seen this ones, and no comment about the ARR "fotomitraliera" blink.gif
Can we buy a copy of your dvd, or sommething?

Hello Cin

The footage are lasting only 10 minutes, the other problem is that copying from a DVD which belong to US Government is rather hard especially from DVD to tape or DVD to DVD becuase is code 1 ( USA) and is rfather a hard and expensive task, if you wish I can take an other shots of this footage. Just a last question I am rather puzzled that Luftwaffe or AAR have guncameras ( photo mitraliera) marked with number 50 on the right hand of it....I never saw gun camera with such markings and I can not to a reasonable conclussion on that stands for, can u help ?

THanks
Alex
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 07, 2004 07:22 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (Victor @ Dec 7 2004, 04:45 PM)
Alexkdl, you can post also by pushing the Add Reply button in the lower right corner of the page. I have cleared the thread of the unwanted quotes.

Great footage!

Many thanks Victor and sorry about the technical malfunction I am yet not familiar with the cite.

Best Regards
Alex
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 07, 2004 07:24 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (dragos @ Dec 7 2004, 02:04 PM)
Very interesting photographs, but try not to quote your own descriptions all over again.

Hello

Sorry for the problems, will do it next time right

Alex
PM
C-2
Posted: December 07, 2004 07:50 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

I saw some time ago,at Medin Robanescu's office,a great T.wave photo:
A B 24 who made a belly landing and somehow stall at some moment and got his nose into the muddy groung and his tail up.Big as a house!.
PMUsers Website
Dénes
Posted: December 07, 2004 08:35 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (C-2 @ Dec 8 2004, 01:50 AM)
A B 24 who made a belly landing and somehow stall at some moment and got his nose into the muddy groung and his tail up.Big as a house!.

I believe that was the Boiler Maker II. Check out the photo on the top of page 56 in my Squadron/Signal book on ARR.

Col. Dénes
alexkdl
Posted: December 07, 2004 10:09 pm
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (C-2 @ Dec 7 2004, 07:50 PM)

Yep, Denes is absolutely right is the BOILMAKER II....I have this photo, let know if u wana see it

Alex
PM
C-2
Posted: December 07, 2004 10:27 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 7 2004, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (C-2 @ Dec 7 2004, 07:50 PM)

Yep, Denes is absolutely right is the BOILMAKER II....I have this photo, let know if u wana see it

Alex

I'd like to see it rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
PMUsers Website
Dénes
Posted: December 07, 2004 10:27 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (alexkdl @ Dec 8 2004, 04:18 AM)
20 ft flight altitude

That seems to me too low. 20 feet is approx. 6 meters, which equals the second floor in a highrise building. The bridge itself should be taller than 6 m.
I live on the 5th floor (~50 feet), that seems to be more accurate.

Col. Dénes
C-2
Posted: December 07, 2004 11:02 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Where's the promised photo?????
PMUsers Website
alexkdl
Posted: December 08, 2004 12:05 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

C-2 I didnt forget you ! Here's your Boilmaker II on the cornfields of Roumania AUG 1st, 1943

This post has been edited by alexkdl on December 08, 2004 04:17 pm

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
alexkdl
Posted: December 08, 2004 12:17 am
Quote Post

Group Icon

http://www.homeofheroes.com/moh/citations_...er_addison.htmlCMH

This post has been edited by Victor on July 16, 2005 07:44 am
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (105) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0989 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]