Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> National Museum of War Veterans
Dani
Posted: November 01, 2004 01:10 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Group: Members
Member No.: 323

In Romania Libera from today:
http://www.romanialibera.ro/editie/index.p...01112004&idx=57
On 7th of November, National Museum of War Veterans will be open in Marasesti (Vrancea County).

Up to now IMO it is the best thing done for war veterans memory. Maybe it will be like a memorial because they deserve all our remeberance.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
C-2
Posted: November 05, 2004 08:45 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Today I had some problems to solve in town,and I met teo veterans and talked a little with them:
The first one was selling eggs in Floreasca market.He told me that he was declared "missing in action" after taken prisoner in Transilvania.He was sent to a POW camp in Austria,where were pow from all nationalities.They haven't been abused,but got food only not to die from hunger...
When the war ended ,he took climbed from a train to another and got back to Romania.The first officer who met him and heard about his captivity,began to spank him....
Later he met the father of a dead camarade,who was from Slobozia,and was in eggs business.He was "adoppted"and was also in egg business since.
The other one ,was in Beller street,and tld me a few interesting things;
They were traind by officers who served in Stalingrad,and were very angry on the germans.They hated them a lot.23 August came,and a few months later they were sent to Budapest.There he saw no action,since all sub officeres were called back home to train new recruts in Medgidia.When they were sent to the front in was on 5 Mai 45....
They got only till Rosiorii De Vede.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0690 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]