Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Russian AT Guns in Romanian Service
plika
Posted: July 31, 2003 02:11 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Hello,

Did he Romanians received captured Russian AT guns in any significant numbers during WWII ? I have heard they used 45 and 76mm guns captured by the Germans and passed to them. Did the Romanian Army think they were good arms ?

Thanks and cheers !

plika
PM
Victor
Posted: July 31, 2003 07:11 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

The 45 mm M32 AT gun became the standard AT gun of the cavalry divisions during the winter of 1941/42, when it replaced the 37 mm. Within each battalion was created a heavy weapons squadron in which were incorporated 6 such pieces. The division's AT squadron received 12 of them and the recon squadron had a section of 2.
The gun remained in service until 1945, but in smaller numbers, because of the losses and of the fact that the Red Army confiscated large part of Soviet equipment in Romanian inventory after August 1944.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
plika
Posted: August 02, 2003 08:41 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 43

Hello,

Thanks for the details. A new question. I have read at:

http://members.tripod.com/sturmvogel/romafv.html

That the Romanians developed a SP AT gun called TACAM R-2 with a 76,2mm Soviet Gun. Only around 20 were built, but I'll be grateful for any further datails in the use of M1941 76,2mm Soviet AT guns by the Romanians.

Cheers.

Plika
PM
Victor
Posted: August 03, 2003 01:14 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Look on the website (http://www.worldwar2.ro) in Weapons/Armor section at the TACAM R-2 and TACAM T-60 and you will find what you are looking for.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0377 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]