Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Auxiliary units, Preasts, barbers, etc
Victor
Posted: October 23, 2004 09:36 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

... or Vasiliu-Rascanu.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
^All^
Posted: October 23, 2004 05:34 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Group: Members
Member No.: 344

Could you tell the most obvious differences? Were they as different during WWII as well?

I don't know if there were any Greek-Catholic priests during the war, but the most obivios diference is that the Gr.-Cath. priests have the white "spot" on their clothes velver, like Roman-Cath. priests have. I know that the Gr.-Cath. church was fonded as a "fight" against the hungarian catholicism and that after the great unification on 1-st December 1918, there was even a Gr.-Cath. bishop who toke part in the "Marea Adunare Nationala de la Alba Iulia". After the Viena Dictat, after Transilvania was given to the hungarians, I don't know what hapened to the Gr.-Cath. church. What I know for sure is that, after the war, the comies forbided the Gr.-Cath. church and the priests were imprisoned.
PMYahoo
Carol I
Posted: October 23, 2004 07:15 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

QUOTE (^All^ @ Oct 23 2004, 07:34 PM)
... the most obivios diference is that the Gr.-Cath. priests have the white "spot" on their clothes velver, like Roman-Cath. priests have.

On the site of the Greek Catholic Church I have found the photo below in which there are three priests behind Bishop Iuliu Hossu.

user posted image

The vestments of these priests look very much like the vestments of the Orthodox priests. Do they have the white spots you mentioned?
PM
^All^
Posted: October 24, 2004 04:35 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 344

Kind of. What I was trying to say is (I'm sorry but I do not how to translate this in English): la guler au o bucata de material alba. Unele camasi au niste nasturi cu care poti prinde gulerul ca sa stea mai bine cravata, cam asa ceva sunt si la hainele preotesti, numai ca in loc de cravata au o bucata de material de culoare alba lata cam de 1-2 degete. Chestia asta se vede numai cand isi dau jos hainele pe care le poarta in timpul Sf.Liturghii. Another difference is that the Bishops, like in the picture, have a small "hat", like the Rom.-Cath. have.
PMYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0373 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]