Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian recipients of the German Eagle Order
Victor
Posted: July 27, 2004 06:49 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Romanian recipients of the German Eagle Order

I am trying to a list of the Romanian recipients of the German Eagle Order and could use some help. Btw, how significant was it?

1. brigadier general Gheorghe R. Gheorghiu, General's Staff liaison to the German Military Mission, German Eagle Order with star and ribbon(?)
2. commander Horia Macellariu, chief of the Navy's Staff and liaison to the German Naval Mission, German Eagle Order 1st class
3. colonel Ion Stanculescu, deputy chief of staff of the 4th Army, German Eagle Order 1st class
4. colonel Constantin Talpes, commander of the 3rd Motorized Calarasi Regiment and then commander of the Cavalry Training Center, German Eagle Order 1st class
5. colonel Pompeius Demtrescu, commander of the Mechanized Training Center and deputy commander of the 1st Armored Division, unknown class.

1. colonel Ioan Eftimiu, chief of staff of the Cavalry Corps, unknown class
2. major general Marin Manafu, commander of the 9th Cavalry Division, Medal of Merit
3. brigadier general Nicolae Petrescu, commander of the 2nd Pioneer Brigade, German Eagle Order with star
4. rear admiral Alexandru Stoianovici, chief of staff of the Sea Division, German Eagle Order 1st class
5. brigadier general Constantin Trestioreanu, commander of 2nd Corps artillery and military commander of Odessa and then commander of the 7th Infantry Division, German Eagle Order 2nd class
6. colonel Marin Ceausu, commander on 2nd Infantry Division's artillery, unknown class
7. colonel Gheorghe Craciunescu, 14th Dorobanti Regiment (?),German Eagle Order 1st class

1. brigadier general Paul Alexiu, commander of 10th Infantry Division's artillery, unknown class
2. brigadier general Ioan Arhip, deputy chief of the General Staff, unknown class
3. brigadier general Sava Caracas, commander of the 10th Infantry Division, Grand Cross of the German Eagle Order

1. major general Gheorghe Ionescu-Sinaia, deputy commander of the General Command of the Territory, unknown class
2. brigadier general Petre Antonescu, chief of staff of the 4th Army and then commander of the Guard Division, unknown class
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Carol I
Posted: July 27, 2004 08:00 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 136

Btw, how significant was it?

Take a look at this link for some details: Order of the German Eagle

I am trying to a list of the Romanian recipients of the German Eagle Order and could use some help.

According to the site above, Marshal Ion Antonescu was one of the only 8 recipients of the Grand Cross of the Order of the German Eagle in Gold.
PM
Victor
Posted: July 27, 2004 08:22 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Yes, I saw that after I compiled the list. Unfotunately it doesn't mention a date for the award.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Carol I
Posted: July 27, 2004 08:26 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

A Navy Captain Engineer (Kapitänleutnant (Ing.)) Dumitru Zama or Zeama was awarded the Order of the German Eagle third class with swords on 24 November 1943.
PM
boonicootza
Posted: November 15, 2004 09:39 am
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Member No.: 135

QUOTE (Carol I @ Jul 27 2004, 10:26 PM)
A Navy Captain Engineer (Kapitänleutnant (Ing.)) Dumitru Zama or Zeama was awarded the Order of the German Eagle third class with swords on 24 November 1943.

user posted image

His medals and orders were on sale on www.hermann-historica.com some time ago.

--------------------
~
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Carol I
Posted: November 15, 2004 08:03 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

In a previous post REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR mentioned that Lt. Cmdr. Nicolae Iosifescu, the Commanding Officer of the 5th Bomber Group was awarded the Order of the German Eagle.
PM
Carol I
Posted: February 14, 2005 09:42 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

According to Magazin Istoric 6/2004: Major Bălteanu Ioan received the Order of the German Eagle second class in 1943.
PM
Carol I
Posted: February 22, 2006 08:49 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Magazin istoric no. 11/2005 has published a photo of General Nicolae Mazarini wearing a neck badge and a six-pointed star of the Order of the German Eagle with swords (which class was it?).
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0382 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]