Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> War crimes commited against the Romanians
dragos
Posted: September 21, 2004 03:41 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I know Ip has been declared martyr locality by government in 1995. I don't know about Treznea though.

Edited: both Ip and Treznea are martyr localities.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Dénes
Posted: September 21, 2004 03:47 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 4

I am not dismissing at all that official explanations could be distorted. Why would you think that? It would be narrow sighted, indeed.
However, I am not ready to dismiss it completely. I find it perfectly plausible that some locals fired on the advancing Hungarian troops and the retaliation was heavy handed. After all, tensions were high in many parts of Transylvania during those events and armed resistance was a probable occurrence.
Now, if the priest's daughter was the one who fired, or someone else, I don't know. It might be a legend (that part was taken from the recollections of an eye witness to the events). The fact that the Hungarian soldiers killed many villagers is also clearly stated, no cover-up there.
What I tried to emphasize is that one should consult all available sources, from all sides, and draw the picture based on them. Discarding anything simply based on personal prejudices is not very professional.

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
dragos03
Posted: September 22, 2004 08:06 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

From now on Denes, feel free to ignore my posts if you don't like them. I didn't put this story on the forum to start a nationalistic debate. Before writing it, i spent one entire day talking to dozens of people from all the sides involved. Did you make any research other than that book of yours?
What are the sources for the Hungarian story? Do you think that all the survivors in Treznea (Romanians, Hungarians and Jews) conspired to tell the same story about what happened? Maybe the Hungarian officers wrote some lies in their official report to cover the real killers who were not part of the Hungarian army but Hungarian ethnics from Zalau who were sent by the ex-local Hungarian noble.
Do you think that the eye-witnesses are not reliable but one of your books is?
I didn't say that the Hungarian story is insulting, they are free to write whatever they want. I think your attitude is insulting.
Luckily for you and others like you, all the survivors from Treznea will be dead in a few years. And then, there will be no one to contradict the Hungarian story with the "machinegun girls".
PM
Dénes
Posted: September 22, 2004 08:16 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

As I stated earlier, I won't let myself provoked into a flame war.
I wrote everything I found about the mentioned incident.
I told everything I wanted to tell.
I have nothing further to add.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on September 22, 2004 08:16 pm
dragos
Posted: October 08, 2004 01:18 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

About the massacre at Sarmasu (in Romanian): http://www.cuvantul-liber.ro/articol.asp?ID=11032
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Dénes
Posted: October 08, 2004 02:53 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

The current monument at Sarmas:

Gen. Dénes

Attached Image
Attached Image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0275 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]