Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (20) « First ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Unidentified Militaria - post your items here
ionionescu
Posted: May 19, 2011 04:29 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Group: Members
Member No.: 2794

Thanks Mihnea, the photo you just posted comes from my blog smile.gif , it was sent to me by Mr. Jura Marcu Dimitrie, I have it in a better resolution if you are interested of viewing it in a better quality.

This post has been edited by ionionescu on May 30, 2011 06:51 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
ionionescu
Posted: May 19, 2011 05:21 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

The next photo is a snapshot from ”Hitler in Colour-Dokumentary”.
The original color film is taken during the visit of Marshal Antonescu at ”Führerhauptquartier Wolfsschanze” , Görlitz village railway station, 10 January 1943
The person from center is Colonel Ion Gheorghe. (later on General de brigadă)

The first question is about the greatcoat of General de corp de armată Gheorghe Rozin (first from left), is the red collar only for generals?
The second question is about the identity of the Air Force Colonel from right, can someone identify him?
Thanks!

user posted image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mihnea
Posted: May 19, 2011 05:31 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

There are a lot of very nice photos on your blog.

Now back on subject the collar of the general isn't actually red only the lining of the greatcoat is red and because the collar is folded that way, the lining is visible. I know that this was also the case in WWI but I don't know the year this detail became official and what are it's origins. And yes the red lining was specific to generals only.
PMEmail Poster
ionionescu
Posted: May 19, 2011 08:15 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Thank you Mihnea.

About what I thought it was an ”Air Force Colonel” (photo above, right), in the book ”Jurnalul Maresalului Antonescu, Vol.II, 1.I.1942-30.VI.1943” by Gh. Buzatu, I found a list with the names of the staff who accompanied Marshal Antonescu during his visit, among them is ”Comandor Popp” does anybody know something about him?
Thanks.
ionionescu
Posted: May 20, 2011 03:50 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

At this link, I found some interesting photos, maybe someone can help me with a few questions I have regarding some of the photos.

The first question is if someone can identify the pilot in the image attached below.
I think behind him is an I.A.R. 80 fighter plane, maybe he is the same pilot from the second photo attached.
Location and time-frame, possibly, Basarabia - summer of 1941.
Thanks!

user posted image user posted image

This post has been edited by ionionescu on May 24, 2011 03:24 pm
muggs
Posted: May 20, 2011 04:20 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1499

There are some nice pics at that link, thanks for sharing, here's a sample search :

http://bilder.sz-photo.de/index.php?online...on&landscape_h=

I really like that Stuka shot.
PMEmail Poster
ionionescu
Posted: May 20, 2011 04:33 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

QUOTE (muggs @ May 20, 2011 05:20 pm)
There are some nice pics at that link, thanks for sharing, here's a sample search :

you're welcome, regards!
ionionescu
Posted: May 21, 2011 10:54 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Another interesting photo is the one attached below, Romanian soldiers (photo description says
Romanian Troops, and the uniforms look Romanian to me) operating a ”Škoda, 30.5cm Mörser, M.16”.
I know Romanian Army captured such a weapon in WW1, but I think the howitzers were never put in use.
Is it a propaganda photo?, or is it a German ”Škoda, 30.5cm Mörser, M.16” operated by Romanian troops?
Location and time-frame, possibly, Crimea or Moldova - summer of 1944.
Thanks!

user posted image
mihnea
Posted: May 21, 2011 05:40 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

100% Hungarian soldiers. Look close at the tunics the pocket flaps are not straight like the Romanian one. The boots are tall and closed with 2 leather straps, also they don't have gaiters and the pants are closed around the calf with buttons. Romanian pants were not closed with buttons and the Romanian boots were low sometimes worn with leather gators closed with 3 leather straps but more often they wore puttees. The Hungarians also had german type helmets but with a small holding loop at the back of the helmet.

With a good quality picture it would be easy to ID them as Hungarian soldiers.
PMEmail Poster
ion koga
Posted: May 22, 2011 07:32 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2219

QUOTE (mihnea @ May 21, 2011 05:40 pm)
100% Hungarian soldiers. Look close at the tunics the pocket flaps are not straight like the Romanian one. The boots are tall and closed with 2 leather straps, also they don't have gaiters and the pants are closed around the calf with buttons. Romanian pants were not closed with buttons and the Romanian boots were low sometimes worn with leather gators closed with 3 leather straps but more often they wore puttees. The Hungarians also had german type helmets but with a small holding loop at the back of the helmet.

romanian volunteers in waffen ss ?

something interesting :

Rare German WW2 Army Foreign Romanian Volunteer Armband, stamped + owner's postcard
This item depicted in the images below is a rare German WW2 Army Foreign Volunteer Romanian armband with Shield. These armband with shield wore on German uniforms or a combination of other foreign uniforms. The armband has a German stamp. Also the armband has a stamp of manufactory. If you have any questions please ask me. Veteran purchased. For sale there is also an original postcard of owner of this armband W. Marton. Original pictures. This particular armband passed very important test - it does not glow under the black lamp (all fabrics after 1945 glow under the black light).
Estimate price for this item is $250 - $270. But you can MAKE an OFFER. We can always give you a good discount.

user posted image
user posted image

PMEmail Poster
ionionescu
Posted: May 22, 2011 10:53 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

QUOTE (mihnea @ May 21, 2011 06:40 pm)

Thanks Mihnea, you are right, at a closer look some details don't mach Romanian uniforms.
ionionescu
Posted: May 22, 2011 11:26 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

The next question is about the identity of the pilot (with his face towards us, explaining something)
in the first photo attached below (note how close is the ”Michael's cross” of the Bf 109E wing tip).
Maybe the two photos attached go together, in the second photo we have Bf 109E-3 No.9
of Slt. Av. Ioan Di Cesare, is he the pilot from the first photo?
Location and time-frame, possibly, Salz airfield - summer of 1941.
Thanks!

user posted image user posted image

This post has been edited by ionionescu on May 22, 2011 11:37 am
Alexei2102
Posted: May 22, 2011 01:32 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 888

I am very interested to see the foto with that armband in wear - please show us the picture.
PMEmail Poster
ion koga
Posted: May 22, 2011 02:07 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2219

QUOTE (Alexei2102 @ May 22, 2011 01:32 pm)
I am very interested to see the foto with that armband in wear - please show us the picture.

sorry for misunderstanding ... i don't have someting like this.

some details about armband at http://ww2army.com/images/3000-3999/3510/1.php
PMEmail Poster
Alexei2102
Posted: May 22, 2011 02:52 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 888

IMO, the armband and the story is total bull.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (20) « First ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0668 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]