Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Information needed on Medals
mihai
Posted: July 25, 2003 01:26 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 30

>Geto-Dacul

Thank you for reply ohmy.gif

The guy ( http://users.skynet.be/hendrik/) that showed the picture must have taken it from eBay Germany, where the order was never sold.

Are you hendrik's friends?
Why did you know the story?.
Would tell me the evidence he have taken the picture from e-Bay Germany?

Do you know the e-Bay items number about you wrote the order

I expect your reply.
mihai
PM
Geto-Dacul
Posted: July 25, 2003 02:02 am
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Member No.: 9

Hello mihai,

First of all, I do not know mr. Hendrik. The dealer from which I purchased the medal was from Germany, and before selling it to me, he listed it on eBay, where he wanted the huge price of 5000$ on it... Maybe that Hendrik took the pic from eBay, when the item was online (only once!)

Do you know the e-Bay items number about you wrote the order

Unfortunately, I do not have the item #... sad.gif

Best regards,

Getu'
PMUsers Website
mabadesc
Posted: October 29, 2003 08:50 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 40

Could someone please tell me a bit more about this Slovakian order and under what circumstances a Romanian officer might have been awarded it? (both the officer star and the neck order).

user posted image user posted image

The same question applies for the following order, the Czech War Cross, instituted by the exiled Czech government from London.

Ironically, the SAME romanian officer received both awards, PLUS the Slovakian Cross (not pictured here). It doesn't make much sense, unless the slovakian orders were awarded pre-1944, and the Czech one post-1944.

Thanks for any explanations...

user posted image user posted image

P.S. Photos were taken from Hendrick's website - I wasn't able to upload my own photos since I don't have a URL.
PM
bobby1974
Posted: May 22, 2013 12:26 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2747

QUOTE (Geto-Dacul @ July 21, 2003 04:45 pm)
Victor wrote :

Geto-Dacul wrote:  
A Romanian officer medic who died heroically (I don't remember his name right now) received directly the 2nd class post-mortem, without having won the 3rd class before  

Victor said :
That would be impossible.  

Captain Medic Cosma C. Constantin (born 28 March 1906, Stanita, Roman county - died 28 September 1941, Malaia Belozerka, Ukraine), from the 16 Vanatori de Munte Batalion.
He received only the 2nd class, post-mortem. And there are others like him.
Sources : Alesandru Dutu, Florica Dobre, Leonida Loghin, Romanian Army in WWII 1941-1945, Editura Enciclopedica, 1999, Bucharest, page 128.

Colonel Eugen Ichim, The Military Order of "Michael the Brave", Editura Modelism & Jertfa, 2000, Bucharest, page 131.

Best regards,

G-D

hello "Geto - Dacul"
Can you tell me if you have information, if other soldiers who died on 28 September 1941, in Belozerka, Ukraine, were decorated (even posthumously)?
I see that you refer to the book "Alesandru Dutu, Florica Dobre, Leonida Loghin, Romanian Army in WWII 1941-1945, Editura Enciclopedica, 1999, Bucharest, page 128.
"[I]

I ask because my grandfather fell on the same day that the doctor, and he was part of the same 16th Mountain hunters battalion and since few years ago I collect data of any kind relating to this place (battle).

thank you in advance
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0317 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]