Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> WW2 RIBBON BARS
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: June 20, 2004 06:57 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Group: Members
Member No.: 198

user posted image
Here is a really nice WW2 1941 Michael the Brave ribbon bar with German orders. Please feel free to share your photos of ribbon bars.
PMYahooMSN
CCJ
Posted: June 20, 2004 08:51 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 286

Hi,

What is the third ribbon onthe second row? That is a very nice bar...have you any others?

:keep:
PM
Carol I
Posted: June 20, 2004 09:16 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

[quote]What is the third ribbon onthe second row?[/quote]
It looks like the ribbon of the German Iron Cross.
PM
CCJ
Posted: June 20, 2004 09:24 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Okay... why does it have one EKII ribbon with a rossette and then one on the bottom row that is the typical Iron Cross (EKII) ribbon? It is very interesting as I have never seen German award ribbons with rossettes.
PM
Carol I
Posted: June 20, 2004 09:36 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

I guess the ribbons were somehow adapted to the Romanian ribbon system (I understood that the recipient was Romanian). Thus, the ribbon without rosette might have corresponded to the second class of the Iron Cross and that with the rosette to the first class of the Iron Cross.
PM
CCJ
Posted: June 20, 2004 09:56 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Interesting, Sounds possible... Hopefully we'll see more.
PM
mihai
Posted: June 22, 2004 11:32 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 30

[quote]I guess the ribbons were somehow adapted to the Romanian ribbon system (I understood that the recipient was Romanian). Thus, the ribbon without rosette might have corresponded to the second class of the Iron Cross and that with the rosette to the first class of the Iron Cross.[/quote]

I think so,
In Rumanian order system,I guess the orders show this class
EKⅡ →knight class
EKⅠ → officer class
RK → commanderc lass
The type of wearing the order show evert type of the typcial order
RK show the figure of any order' s commander class.
Mihai
PM
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: June 23, 2004 04:26 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

user posted image
EXAMPLES OF WW2 AIR FORCE RIBBON BARS. LAST RIBBON BAR WITH MEDAL RIBBON FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST COMMUNISM HAS A SILVER CAMPAIGN BAR FOR ODESSA.
PMYahooMSN
Carol I
Posted: June 23, 2004 10:03 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Quite interesting ribbon bars. They suggest that during WWII the Aeronautical Virtue Order was ranked before the Order of the Star. It thus seems that in the period this aviation order was placed just below the Order of Michael the Brave in the hierarchy of the Romanian war orders.
PM
mihai
Posted: June 23, 2004 10:47 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 30

This is good example of time period items.
It's great for the sword device leave.
Ihave some ribbonbars.but the device lost.
Mihai

EXAMPLES OF WW2 AIR FORCE RIBBON BARS. LAST RIBBON BAR WITH MEDAL RIBBON FOR THE FIGHT AGAINST COMMUNISM HAS A SILVER CAMPAIGN BAR FOR ODESSA.
PM
CCJ
Posted: June 23, 2004 09:07 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Would someone ID the ribbons for each set?

:cheers:
PM
Carol I
Posted: June 24, 2004 07:11 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Would someone ID the ribbons for each set?

user posted image

First set:
First row:
Aeronautical Virtue Order with swords, Order of the Star (or Crown) with swords, Order of the Crown
Second row:
Honour Sign for 25 Years in Service, Crusade against Bolshevism, Centennial of King Carol I Medal

Second set:
First row:
Aeronautical Virtue Order with swords, Order of the Star with swords, Order of the Crown with swords
Second row:
Crusade against Bolshevism, Carol I Jubilee Medal, Centennial of King Carol I Medal

Third set:
First row:
Aeronautical Virtue Order with swords, Order of the Star with swords, Order of the Crown with swords
Second row:
Crusade against Bolshevism, Iron Cross (Ger), Centennial of King Carol I Medal

Fourth set:
First row:
Order of the Crown with swords
Second row:
Aeronautical Virtue Order with swords, Centennial of King Carol I Medal, Crusade against Bolshevism with Odessa bar
PM
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: June 24, 2004 12:53 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

SECOND MEDAL BAR, SECOND ROW, SECOND RIBBON IN THE MIDDLE -
NAZI-GERMAN EASTERN FRONT SERVICE MEDAL 1941-1942.
PMYahooMSN
Carol I
Posted: June 24, 2004 01:02 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

OK, my mistake. The ribbon seemed different from that of the Carol I Jubilee Medal, but being placed among other Romanian medals I presumed it to be Romanian too (and the Carol I Jubilee Medal seemed the best match).

Do you happen to know why the German medal was placed among the Romanian ones and not after them as it was the rule of the time?
PM
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: June 24, 2004 01:33 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Carol 1, you are definantly a serious collector and scholar of ODM's. I congratulate you for your serious research of Romanian medals. To answer a couple of your questions in this forum. First, The Aeronautical virtue in almost all cases was worn before the Order of the Star during War time. During the 1930's, you find it before or after the Star order. I really do not know why. I see that in photographs and examples of Air Force bars that I have in my collection. Second, I have seen many examples of German and Romanian orders scattered throughout a medal or ribbon bar. The rule of wear of course would be that the German medals or any foreign medals would follow the Romanian medals. However, I scratch my head all the time trying to find the basic rule for wear and came to the conclusion that the basic rule did not get followed. The same applies to the wear of Regimental Badges. You find them scattered all over the uniforms. I can look at a Regimental group photo and the same badge is worn in several different places on the uniform. Standards and rules for wear of ODM's and regimental badges my guess were followed perhaps 60-70 percent of the time. This is my opinion based on photos and my study of medal and ribbon bars.
PMYahooMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0493 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]