Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian Military Journal 1918-1944
Klemen
Posted: June 13, 2004 11:31 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Group: Members
Member No.: 258

Hi guys!

I was wondering if anyone is aware whether the Romanian Ministry of Defense published any military journals or magazines in the inter-war period of 1918-1944, which of course, among other topics, also included any articles or personal testimonials of Romanian involvement in WW1? If such paper existed, does someone know what was its title? :?:

lp,

Klemen
PM
dragos03
Posted: June 13, 2004 11:46 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 163

There were many such magazines. Each weapon had one: "Revista Infanteriei", "Revista artileriei", "Romania militara", etc.
PM
Klemen
Posted: June 14, 2004 12:25 am
Quote Post

Caporal

Živjo Dragos,

There were many such magazines. Each weapon had one: \"Revista Infanteriei\", \"Revista artileriei\", \"Romania militara\", etc.

Thank you for such a swift reply. This is glad to know. But again do you (or anyone else) know whether these magazines also included any veteran's testimonials from WW1? And hwere can be these magazines obtained today? has anyone actually ever read or see any copy of any of these magazine? I am wondering whether it was strickly about weapons and other militaria suff or did it also publish any stories from the Great War 1914-1918. :keep:

lp,

Klemen
PM
dragos03
Posted: June 14, 2004 02:09 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

I saw many such magazines at the archive of the Military Museum. I was only interested in the WW2 period, so i don't know about the testimonies from WW1.
PM
Klemen
Posted: June 14, 2004 04:03 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

[quote]I saw many such magazines at the archive of the Military Museum. I was only interested in the WW2 period, so i don't know about the testimonies from WW1.[/quote]

Thank you, Dragos. Any ideas how to get in contact with them? Do they have any e-mail address? What about Biblioteka Militara? I have only been able to find their phone number and that's not good for me, hehe... :wink:

lp,

Klemen
PM
Victor
Posted: June 14, 2004 06:49 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

You only have access to the Military Library if you are part of teh army or have a relative in the army.
As for the Military Museum, the link to their site is on the main page of our site.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Klemen
Posted: June 14, 2004 11:33 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Živjo Victor,

[quote]You only have access to the Military Library if you are part of teh army or have a relative in the army. [/quote]

Na ja.... That's a good one. :? I think I am too old to join the Romanian Army and don't have any relative there either. sad.gif So this is basically it, eh? No chance to check, lend or order any photocopies from there? :|

[quote]As for the Military Museum, the link to their site is on the main page of our site.[/quote]

Yes, I have checked this site yesterday, but I was a bit puzzled. I couldn't find any notes mentioning that they also have an exhibition about World War I. Even worse, I couldn't find any address ot contact them. Not that it would do much good either. From what I could tell they only collect arms and other militaria artifacts, take care for video and photo material, while nothing could be found about books... And on top of that this link http://muzeu.mapn.ro/ doesn't work.

I have checked for the Romanian Military Archives and found this:
[url]http://www.mapn.ro/arhivele_militare/serviciul_arhive_si_documentare.htm
[/url]

Sent e-mails to all three addresses appearing on the Contact page, but they returned back undelivered. :question:

What I am doing wrong is beyond me.

I see that some of you guys are from Bucharest. Anyone planning a short trip to the Military Bibliothek or War Archives, where he could tackle with this problem of mine among other things, please? :cry: C'mon, Romania! heheh :ro: :keep:

lp,

Klemen
PM
dragos03
Posted: June 15, 2004 12:42 am
Quote Post

Capitan

Some months ago, i had to write my diploma about Romanian press in WW2. You can find newspapers and magazines in several places:
- the Military museum has a good collection at the Documentary section (sectia de documentare). To see it, you need to go there and write a request to the commander of the museum (he will agree for sure). Also, they have an archive of original material: journals, letters from the front, original pictures, soldier's journals, films.
- the Library of the Academy has the biggest collection of newspapers. You must subscribe to it and after that you can search what you want in their computers and they will bring it to you.
PM
Victor
Posted: June 15, 2004 06:32 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Yes, getting into the Documentary section of the Military Museum isn't hard at all. My request wasn't even signed by the commander. I just gave it to the secretary.

Getting into the Military Archives is a little more difficult. Plus the main archives are in Pitesti. In Bucharest there are only microfilms.
Klemen
Posted: June 15, 2004 12:32 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Thank you for your replies. Too bad I didn't know earlier. I don't know when I will be in Romania next time. :cry: :roll:

So if I understood you right here the best to contact in regard with my questions is the Romanian Military Museum, which according to Dragos also are keeping "journals, letters from the front, original pictures, soldier's journals, films", right? :?:

Now the one million dollar question: How do I contact those guys in the museum? Any suggestions? :cheers:

lp,

Klemen
PM
Victor
Posted: June 16, 2004 04:22 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

I found an email adress for the Military Museum: director@muzeulmilitar.ro
There is also a fax number if you are interested.
Klemen
Posted: June 16, 2004 11:55 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Hi Victor!

I found an email adress for the Military Museum: director@muzeulmilitar.ro

Thanx! :cheers: Does anyone know if they regularly reply their e-mails or...?:roll:

There is also a fax number if you are interested.

Yes, I would be interested in the fax number as well. :wink:

lp,

Klemen
PM
Victor
Posted: June 17, 2004 07:03 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Fax number: 021 224 94 73

The 021 is the Bucharest code. You probably need to first dial your telecom operator's international code, than the code of Romania (40) and then the number I gave you. I do not if they reply that email. I found it in a magazine article about the museum and its history. Good luck!
Imperialist
Posted: November 06, 2005 09:34 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Victor @ Jun 14 2004, 06:49 PM)
You only have access to the Military Library if you are part of teh army or have a relative in the army.
As for the Military Museum, the link to their site is on the main page of our site.

Are things still like that?

7. Accesul in Biblioteca Militara Nationala

Se acorda statutul de cititor urmatoarelor categorii:

*cadre militare active (si membrii famiilor acestora), In rezerva si In retragere;
*salariati civili;
*toti cei interesati de patrimoniul institutiei.

--------------------
I
PM
Victor
Posted: November 06, 2005 10:39 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

I don't know. I haven't been there for 3 years.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0443 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]