Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (62) « First ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> What's next?, next war Romanians could be part of
Imperialist
Posted: October 09, 2010 10:35 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 499

QUOTE (contras @ October 09, 2010 07:34 pm)
We have interests in region, Rusia has interests, too. We must stand stil and resist at Russian presure, because is in out own interest. Look at the Poles, they do the same.

What Russian pressure? Tell me one thing Russia has pressured Romania with.

--------------------
I
PM
MMM
Posted: October 10, 2010 08:03 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 2323

The spy affair? The declarations re: Moldavia/Transnistria? The ever-growing gas price? Dunno... tongue.gif

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Imperialist
Posted: October 10, 2010 08:34 am
Quote Post

General de armata

QUOTE (MMM @ October 10, 2010 08:03 am)
The spy affair? The declarations re: Moldavia/Transnistria? The ever-growing gas price? Dunno... tongue.gif

Those are not pressures. And the gas price will be growing at European Commission pressure (real pressure):

http://economie.hotnews.ro/stiri-energie-6...-din-europa.htm

http://www.evz.ro/detalii/stiri/comisia-eu...gie-907422.html

--------------------
I
PM
contras
Posted: October 10, 2010 11:12 am
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 2693

PMEmail Poster
Florin
Posted: October 11, 2010 08:59 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (contras @ February 16, 2010 04:34 pm)
But, back to the topic, could we united with Bassarabia in 1991, imediatelly after Moldova gainde his independence?
The USSR disolution begins, Baltic States and others proclaimed their independence, Moscow was under the shock after the putch who tried to overthrone Gorbatchev, Eltsin prepare himself to gain the power.
Was it a good moment? If we had proper leaders, of course.

Yes, we could, and it was the right moment, if we would have the right leaders.
I am assuming that we would have to pass under all kind of pressure, economical and political, but I doubt Russia would do a direct military action like they did in Georgia. First of all, they would have to pass through Ukraine, and the Ukrainians hate Russia much more than Poland or Romania.
If that union would happen in August or early September 1991, we may or may not be in NATO now, but definitely the European Union would not accept us as member.

This post has been edited by Florin on October 11, 2010 09:01 pm
PM
Florin
Posted: October 12, 2010 05:30 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (contras @ February 06, 2010 01:24 pm)
George Friedman, foundatory member of Stratfor, published a book, "Urmatorii 100 de ani", avaible in Romanian, too.

http://www.sfin.ro/articol_17783/urmatorii...secolul_21.html

This is a very serious book, not a kind of Nostradamus predictions. ........................

I am a very curious how George Friedman reached the conclusion that "Statele Unite vor cunoaşte o nouă epocă de aur în cea de-a doua jumătate a secolului XXI." / "The United States will enjoy a new golden era in the second half of the XXIst century." I took this quote from the link provided at the start of the topic.
No additional comments for now.
PM
MMM
  Posted: October 12, 2010 11:44 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

QUOTE (contras @ October 09, 2010 06:18 pm)
http://bogatu.voceabasarabiei.net/?p=527&c...1#comment-41579

Now I realised that what Mr. Bogatu says about the possible Bessarabia-Romania union was once said by Stalin about Germany: out of NATO, neutral, but reunited!
The result: they waited 40 more years and did it in their own terms!

--------------------
M
contras
Posted: October 15, 2010 12:29 pm
Quote Post

Maior

I am a very curious how George Friedman reached the conclusion that "Statele Unite vor cunoaşte o nouă epocă de aur în cea de-a doua jumătate a secolului XXI." / "The United States will enjoy a new golden era in the second half of the XXIst century." I took this quote from the link provided at the start of the topic.

You may read the book. It is very interesting, and full of economics, history, demogrphics, politics, etc, and he made every conclusion based on geopolitical facts. If you don't read the book, no one can explain you every detail.
PMEmail Poster
contras
Posted: October 19, 2010 09:47 pm
Quote Post

Maior

PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: October 30, 2010 09:59 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Yeah, well, they seem to have money for re-arming; funny (and not so much, though) is that many countries are willing to sell what seems to be rather "new" technology to a potential enemy!

--------------------
M
contras
Posted: November 01, 2010 06:51 pm
Quote Post

Maior

There is not the first time when French was "perfide", M.
Remember XVIth century, when Turks under Soliman the Magnificient were at their top power. Europe has no solution against them. France was in war with Spain, and made an alliance with Turks, and Turkish fleet arrived in Marseille without any fight. France betrayed Europe for one advantage against Spain. Now, France do the same with NATO, i think.
Remember, Lenin said that "the capitalists will sell us the rope that we will use to hang them".
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: November 01, 2010 07:58 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Oh, I know that pretty well, but I thought today was different; don't know why...
Realpolitik (German term); "balance of forces" (English concept); "întoarcerea armelor" aka "changing sides"...
OoT (maybe): the Romanian policy towards the Warsaw Pact was different from the France-NATO issue? WAS IT?

--------------------
M
Imperialist
Posted: November 01, 2010 08:17 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

QUOTE (contras @ November 01, 2010 06:51 pm)
There is not the first time when French was "perfide", M.
Remember XVIth century, when Turks under Soliman the Magnificient were at their top power. Europe has no solution against them. France was in war with Spain, and made an alliance with Turks, and Turkish fleet arrived in Marseille without any fight. France betrayed Europe for one advantage against Spain. Now, France do the same with NATO, i think.

Europe was nothing but a bunch of kingdoms with conflicting interests and enmities. There was nothing to "betray". France pursued its own interests, as it was normal for it to do and as all others were doing.

You forgot raison d'etat, MMM. tongue.gif

--------------------
I
PM
dead-cat
Posted: November 02, 2010 10:56 am
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 99

Remember XVIth century, when Turks under Soliman the Magnificient were at their top power. Europe has no solution against them. France was in war with Spain, and made an alliance with Turks, and Turkish fleet arrived in Marseille without any fight. France betrayed Europe for one advantage against Spain.

"Europe", i.e. the HRE didn't really care. Charles V. fought with Francis over Italy. that was the focus.
PMYahoo
MMM
Posted: November 02, 2010 11:03 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

a bunch of kingdoms

Indeed, but they were CHRISTIANS!!!!!

--------------------
M
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (62) « First ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0753 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]