Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ranks of Gens. Teodorini and Dumitrescu
Alexandre_Folk
Posted: October 09, 2007 12:31 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 1069

Hello Gentlemen,

Im looking for dates and promotions of General Corneliu Teodorini and General Petre Dumitrescu.
Is very hard to find any info about these men in the net.
I will very happy too, if the awards of them will be shown here. biggrin.gif
Thx in advance
Regards
PMEmail Poster
mabadesc
Posted: October 09, 2007 03:56 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 40

Alexandre,

General Corneliu Teodorini ended the war as a Brigadier General (1 star). I'm not sure when he was promoted to the rank of General, but it must have been around 1942-1943, I believe.
Regardless, as of February 9, 1945, he was cited as the C.O. of the 8th Motorized Cavalry Division and praised for his division's fighting ability around the town of Ludus, on the Mures River during 18-23 September 1944, as well as for the division's role in the battle of the Sangeorgiu Hill, according to an "Order of the Day" communique issued by the Minister of War.

General Petre Dumitrescu was promoted to General of the Army (4 stars) on July 18th, 1942 - a day which saw the promotion of several other generals (among them, Racovita, Avramescu, and Dascalescu). General Dumitrescu led the Romanian 3rd Army throughout its entire participation in the war.

For more details regarding General Dumitrescu, you can check the biographical article written by Victor Nitu on this site (http://www.worldwar2.ro/generali/?article=98).

Hope this helps. Take care.
PM
Alexandre_Folk
Posted: October 09, 2007 11:38 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 1069

Thx a lot for the infos
I will check the site.
Regards
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0378 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]