Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (7) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Present yourself
Diego
Posted: June 04, 2004 05:36 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 229

FYI:

http://tetrad.stanford.edu/WebJPEGs/anc/JKHbattle.jpeg

A pensive Diego (center, playing the role of Pharaoh) ponders the fate of his armies as they retreat before the hordes of King Jeroboam's Hebrews.

Personal info (FWIW):

51 YO, married, and enjoy wargaming, photography, shooting sports and related subjects.

:beer: beer is good, too (et vin rouge, ....)

:mrgreen:
Diego
PM
RazvanCelMare
Posted: July 27, 2004 10:55 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 304

Hey. 18 year old Romanian. My name is Razvan, and I am the most well known Romanian in my city, i made sure to that. LOL. :twisted: I live in Salem, Oregon, Usa, i like guns, a lot, and everything related to the european theater in WW2. I do a lot of online gaming, and if someone plays Day of Defeat, please make contact with me, cuz i made my own Romanian Soldier skins for that along with some romanian weapons. Here is a pic of me. I am the one in white. I also enjoy war gaming, i play Warhammer 40k and then other online games. No girlfriend... yet, cuz me and this art student chick are headin that direction. :cheers: wish me luck. 8)

user posted image

This post has been edited by RazvanCelMare on September 21, 2004 06:32 am
PMUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
bandman
Posted: July 28, 2004 01:54 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 313

My name is James.

I currently live in South Carolina, since my stepdad works for BMW. I am 17 very soon, and have done pre-studying at the University of Georgia, and at the University of South Carolina. My family owns a house in Italy, and so I visit there often, not as often as I would please, mind you. I love drinking beer when I take trips to Europe or the Carribean. My biological father has Romanian blood, and speaks fluent Romanian, but I never got a chance to. I am Catholic, and I drive a BMW 3-series circa 1997.
PMMSN
Victor
Posted: August 10, 2004 10:06 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

A couple of posts has been deleted.

This thread is for presantations only. No chit-chat.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Dani
Posted: August 13, 2004 10:18 am
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 323

Hi everybody,
This is my very first post on this very useful and lovely forum.
My name is Daniel Mendea, 35 years old, living in Bucharest / Romania, working as a HVAC engineer.
Married, no children up to now.
Very interested in WW2 history, especially in tanks as equipments and in paratroopers operations.
Also I enjoy wargaming (mostly Blitzkrieg) and beer :beer:
Thanks for the time spent to read my post.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Vlad
Posted: August 13, 2004 05:05 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 277

My name is Vlad Radu Poenaru, 28 , maried, actualy living in Brazil .
I love history, and I´m proud to had an grandfather that fought in ww2 and an uncle that was fighter pilot.
PMEmail Poster
Minerval
Posted: September 08, 2004 06:24 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 338

Greetings!
My name is V.D. and I originate from the county of Galati, with my residence in the city of Galati.
For a brief presentation, I have 27 years of age, met and seen an outstanding amount of various characters of societies and mentalities. I have graduated the Romanian-American University of Law from Galati and took two Master's Degree in Criminal Law and Law Philosophy. I have worked since my Law School's graduation in legal counseling and law interpretation within several Romanian and foreign firms. I have also worked in the field of mass-media, regarding journalism collaborations, television moderating and co-producing. At the present time, I am working as a finance adviser within a local stock-market.
I enjoy creating poems and writing prose, I fell confident in the presence of intelligent activities and I am not a man who lets himself to be impressed so easily. I am also an amateur in the study of astronomy and cosmology.
My favorite color is blue and if I would like to have a pet, that one would have to be an eagle.
My astrological sign is Leo and I am very proud of who I am and of what I have accomplished so far.
In the end of my dissertation, I would add that I am a Rosicrucian Knight, initiated in the order of Freemasonry of Scottish Rite.
Mobilus in mobilae!
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
cainele_franctiror
Posted: September 09, 2004 09:05 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 334

I'm Sorin , 28 years old
I'm history teacher and I'm in ***
I'm from Rosiorii de Vede

***edited by admin***
NO political parties names allowed on the forum.
PM
^All^
Posted: September 20, 2004 07:28 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 344

Howdy, my name is Alex, I'm 19 years old and I live in the county of Bihor. I love chemestry, biology (except anathomy) and, of course, history. I like weapons, especially WW2 german ones and I'd like to have a small collection of German WW2 weapons. I also like tanks, German WW2 of course, but those don't grow on trees and very expensive to colect, not to mention the "high" number in the whole world.
PMYahoo
Leo_Niehorster
Posted: September 24, 2004 09:39 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 348

Greetings and Salutations.
user posted image
I'm Leo Niehorster, and am 57 years old. No longer married. No children. I am part Dutch (father) and American (mother).

I have always been interested in history, and now have a PhD in Military History. As well as a BA and MA in Business Administration. I also have a piece of paper naming me a Systems and Telecommunications Developer and another as an Apple Service Technician. I have worked in many jobs, all over the world and now live in Hannover, Germany.

I am fascinated by WWII, and have written several books about the Axis armies, with more to come. Besides 18 meters of bookshelf, I have a large collection of 1:200 WWII vehicles, as well as Russo-Japanese War 1:1250 waterline ships. I must not forget to mention my organisations website. World War II Armed Forces

Since I wrote the book about the Hungarian Army, I find that Rumanians are reluctant to correspond with me. I hope my presence here on this forum will change that. There is a lot of information still missing about the Rumanians in WWII.

Cheers
Leo

--------------------
!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Robert
Posted: October 16, 2004 12:14 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 361

Hello all,

I'm Robert Geurden. I was born in Wuppertal (West) Germany in 1961. My father was born in Belgium and lived there through World War II. His family was part of the Belgian resistance, involved in forwarding downed Allied pilots to France, then Spain and back to England. My father's cousin married a German woman who's brother (I think) served in U-boats in the German Navy during WW.II.

My mother was born in Boston, Massachusetts. Her mother of Irish and German extraction and father was of French extraction. As far as I can tell, one of her father's ancestors belonged to Napoleon III's body-guard and fled France after September, 1870 (it seemed like a good idea at the time! biggrin.gif )

As a child, I subsequently lived in Paris, France, West Lafayette Indiana (U.S.A.), and Waterloo, Belgium. I attended university, law school and a graduate tax program in the Boston, Massachusetts area and still live there.

I currently have my own law practice concentrating in tax and business planning, and represent small businesses and their owners, and families.

In addition to history and wargaming, my hobbies include hiking, bird-watching and beer-brewing. (No pushing please, there's enough for everyone wink.gif )

I can't in all honesty say that I'm a pacifist, but, having studied history for some 25 years, I can't think of too many wars that were worth the costs involved. I can, though, respect those who had to fight in those wars, and who had to make decisions which I have been fortunate enough to have avoided.

Favorite recent books: Fischer's "Paul Revere's Ride" and "Albion's Seed"; Israel's "Rise and Fall of the Dutch Republic."
PMEmail Poster
mr.bluenote
Posted: February 04, 2005 10:22 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 497

Hello all!
My name's J.M. Johansen and I'm a 30 year (sigh, can't really come to terms with the fact that I'm thirty... arghh... sad.gif ) old danish male.

I have a great interest in history, politics, economics, science and a multitude of other equally obscure subjects (which btw includes both beer and peanuts smile.gif)!

When I'm not sitting with my nose in book, I either write, lift weights, get beaten up in a boxing ring or simply walk around in a daze (must be either all those blows to the head ot all the beers consumed over time tongue.gif)!

Strangely enough (I really have no idea why) I'm very interested in Italy and Rumania, especially in the 20th century. Ironically it's more or less the only countries in Europe I haven't been to.

And that's about it, I think?! Hope to learn a lot on this rather neat site.

Best regards!

- Mr.Bluenote.
PMEmail Poster
Benoit Douville
Posted: February 06, 2005 03:52 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 16

This post has been edited by Benoit Douville on July 31, 2006 01:13 am
PM
cnflyboy2000
Posted: February 22, 2005 07:34 am
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Member No.: 221

Hi: real name: Steve. 60 y.o. (who's counting?) Degrees; Chemistry (B.S. M.S) and Lit (M.A.), licensed private pilot (1/3 share in Piper Cherokee 235, logged 350 hrs airtime so far), married:38 years to Jeri (who's counting?) children: two sons, (grown, thank u, Jesus). Employment: Sr. Research Scientist, Molecular Genetics (academia 10 yrs, "big" Pharma, 23 yrs., recently retired). Religion: searcher,
R. Catholic by birth, admire Buddhism could never practice it.
Interests: Lit, Art, Science, History, friends, Metaphysics, movies motorcycles (KLR 250, Triumph Bonne. current), Travel (Russia, England, Ireland, Puerto Rico, Bermuda (3x), Martinique, Italy, Romania, 2x). Bicycling, Tennis, skiing, jogging.
Plans/ambitions; travel, read, write, live, love, laugh, have more posts on forum than Indrid, die with boots on.
Hopes: world peace.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PMYahoo
alexkdl
Posted: February 24, 2005 04:15 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 373

edited

This post has been edited by alexkdl on March 10, 2005 12:06 am
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (7) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0327 ]   [ 15 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]