Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Photo request
muggs
Posted: August 19, 2012 11:41 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1499

Hello all,

i am interested if by any chance someone has photos of He-111's of KG 27 stationed on Focsani airfield in July 1941, or nearby periods.
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: August 20, 2012 08:16 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

In my book, From Barbarossa to Odessa, vol. 1, page 67, there are two photos and a colour profile of 1G+GL of 3./KG 27, photographed on Focsani-South airfield, in June 1941.

If you don't have access to the book, I will try to scan the page for you.

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
muggs
Posted: August 20, 2012 08:40 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Many thanks indeed Denes, just checked it from the shelf as i'm at home now, this weekend me and some friends discovered the crash site of one of the He-111's stationed there, i will make a full thread in the next months as there's very interesting info regarding to it to tell, we even found an eye witness that was 9 years old at the time !

Unfortunately the site albeit a bit remote was looted throughout the years extensively...and i quote "Ţiganii fãceau fãraşe din aluminiul fuselajului" ...
PMEmail Poster
warunasanjaya2727
Posted: September 01, 2012 04:43 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3380

Many thanks indeed Denes, just checked it from the shelf as i'm at home now, this weekend me and some friends discovered the crash site of one of the He-111's stationed there, i will make a full thread in the next months as there's very interesting info regarding to it to tell, we even found an eye witness that was 9 years old at the time !

Unfortunately the site albeit a bit remote was looted throughout the years extensively...and i quote "Ţiganii fãceau fãraşe din aluminiul fuselajului" ...

Muggs,I like to see your thread which will contain the interesting information of crashed He-111. Please write details you get from the eye witness in the above thread too.

This post has been edited by warunasanjaya2727 on September 01, 2012 04:44 pm
PMEmail Poster
muggs
Posted: September 01, 2012 05:55 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Sure thing, maybe in a month or so we'll be back on site, there's a lot of vegetation now which obstructs the detectors and our exploration.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0483 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]