Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian reenactors in a WW1 historical film
Kepi
Posted: November 27, 2006 04:09 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 680

Saturday 25th of November 2006, some members of the 6th Dorobantzes and 4th Artillery reenactment groups have participated at a film shooting session on a WW1 theme. The TV channel ”Realitatea TV” has produced a short film for a broadcast about weather “Saptamana de vreme” illustrating a few lines of a soldier diary who fought in WW1. We brought our uniforms and equipment and borrowed some rifles from the Military Museum. Cristian also brought a few from his collection.

It was a very nice experience even if the shooting session was 13 hours long, we had to make up as coal miners, to dust our uniforms and mud our boots or to stay motionless under a downpour man-made rain. The short film will be broadcast on Sunday 3rd of December 2006, at 18.45, on “Realitatea TV”.

A few shots of this session:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

This post has been edited by Kepi on November 27, 2006 06:23 pm
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: November 27, 2006 04:11 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

More photos:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

This post has been edited by Kepi on November 27, 2006 06:23 pm
PMEmail Poster
Messerschmitt
Posted: November 29, 2006 07:57 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 975

Nice!!! smile.gif Now,tell me who`s who.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: November 29, 2006 06:47 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Member No.: 328

Congrats Kepi !
PMUsers Website
Messerschmitt
Posted: December 03, 2006 06:13 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 975

GREAT!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!Hopefully that in the future you could make a longer film.

P.S You didn`t answered to my first question.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mihnea
Posted: December 18, 2006 09:29 am
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

Arial picture of the "movie set".

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
gunman
Posted: December 21, 2006 11:59 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 1039

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: December 21, 2006 07:26 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 770

QUOTE (gunman @ December 21, 2006 11:59 am)
user posted image

user posted image

Hallo Keppi biggrin.gif

just a quick question with regards the pictures, is the young lady dressed as a typical medical personal for WW1 and if so was it usual for medics to carry ammo pouches??

Kevin in Deva. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Kepi
Posted: December 22, 2006 04:56 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Hello Kevin,

The lady is one of the most devoted and ardent member of our historical association. She is also a real hunter, with a lot of trophies, and a weapons collector. In our group she has the rank of an infantryman private, so she carry the normal equipment for her job (cartridge pouches, entrenching tool, bayonet and haversack).
For this film she received a red cross armband and she played the role of a medical orderly.

Have you learned about the future WW1 reenacting show in Brad, on 11th of August 2007? (http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=3722).
Brad is only 30 kilometers north from Deva, so you could easily come if you want.
PMEmail Poster
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: December 22, 2006 08:35 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Hallo Kepi biggrin.gif

thanks for the information with regards the young lady and the Red-Cross Armband, and also the info with regards Brad, I know the location of the railway station well, the building is a fine example of Austro-Hungarian style architechture, it is also located very near to the military barracks in Brad.

The only thing that will prevent me from going to Brad will be if I am in Ireland with my wife and children as I have not been home for 4 years and have to visit my 6 brothers, and as much as I love military history, family come first.

By the way the 11th of August is also my birthday!!!! biggrin.gif

Wishing you and all your re-enactors a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2007.

From Kevin in Deva. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: December 28, 2006 02:41 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

Kepi,

I might be there during August, depending on if my wife gets time off to visit her family in Romania. Maybe will drop by in a doughboy uniform biggrin.gif and watch you guys in the background cool.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Kepi
Posted: December 28, 2006 06:24 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

The show in Brad it’s not a reconstruction of a particular battle but simply a demonstration of a WW1 confrontation somewhere in Europe. So every WW1 reenactor is welcomed.

According the scenario of the show, an WW1 “armoured” train of the Allied troops arrives in front of the railroad station (a nice example of a late 19th century Austrian architecture), which is defended by Central Powers troops. The Allied troops get off the train, storm the “enemy” positions and finally occupy the station. Then all troops, friends and foes, get up the train and go to the city center where a commemoration ceremony is planned. In the evening the fraternization of the former enemies with beer and sausages will end the day. The “troops” will be quartered in big military tents.

Even if the doughboys never fought on the eastern front you are most welcomed to join the Allies troops and play an active role in the “battle”.
PMEmail Poster
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: December 28, 2006 05:50 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

By the way, Kepi biggrin.gif

I dont think Brad qualifys as a city tongue.gif its a lot smaller than Deva, has about 3 resturants, some bars, old train station, a military barracks, a GOLD museum, a couple of schools and a small collection of blocks.

But the locals are real friendly biggrin.gif

Kevin in Deva biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: December 28, 2006 06:58 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Kepi @ December 28, 2006 12:24 pm)
The Allied troops get off the train, storm the “enemy” positions and finally occupy the station.

So, I see the outcome of the 'battle' is already decided... blink.gif

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on December 28, 2006 07:00 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Kepi
Posted: December 28, 2006 09:15 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (Dénes @ December 28, 2006 06:58 pm)
QUOTE (Kepi @ December 28, 2006 12:24 pm)
The Allied troops get off the train, storm the “enemy” positions and finally occupy the station.

So, I see the outcome of the 'battle' is already decided... blink.gif

Gen. Dénes

A reenactment show it’s not a real battle and in most such events the actors must respect the scenario in order to avoid injuries among participants and public. There is a strict schedule of the ignition of explosive charges and the minimum distance between the confrontation lines must be strictly observed all the time. The blank ammo could be dangerous at short range and hand to hand fight with edged weapons (bayonets) must be avoided.

The most important message of such a reenactment show it’s to commemorate the soldiers, both friends and foes, who bravely fell for their countries and not to celebrate victories. The reenactors who play the role of vanquished armies should not be offended as they commemorate the bravery of their ancestors.

You may note that our group has participate at several reenacting shows, at Komarom and Fort Mogosoaia, in which we accepted to play the role of the defeated side and we did not feel offended at all.

I think the primitive satisfaction to defeat/humiliate another team or nation should be given up to football hooligans.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0394 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]