Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Artillery badge
Sorin70
Posted: August 17, 2009 07:17 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 2585

Hello to all team ,

I'm new here and I'm glad to join you. I was adviced to post here by one of my coleagues from Transylvanian - Numismatics Forum.

One of my friends owned a badge and asked me for information regarding this.

user posted image

The badge has approximative size of a phone card. Is made of brass and closing sistem from the back consist in a brass splitted pin passed through 2 brass rings.

Based on crowned W monogram I supposed it is a Netherlands artillery cap badge used during the period of queen Wilhelmina but I haven't an accurate information and, until now, I can't found any information on web regarding this.

Could you help me in identifying this badge and provide me few details or other information ?
Thank you in advance for your help.

This post has been edited by Sorin70 on August 17, 2009 02:00 pm
PMEmail Poster
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: August 20, 2009 04:42 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 770

QUOTE (Sorin70 @ August 17, 2009 07:17 am)
Hello to all team ,

I'm new here and I'm glad to join you. I was adviced to post here by one of my coleagues from Transylvanian - Numismatics Forum.

One of my friends owned a badge and asked me for information regarding this.

user posted image

The badge has approximative size of a phone card. Is made of brass and closing sistem from the back consist in a brass splitted pin passed through 2 brass rings.

Based on crowned W monogram I supposed it is a Netherlands artillery cap badge used during the period of queen Wilhelmina but I haven't an accurate information and, until now, I can't found any information on web regarding this.

Could you help me in identifying this badge and provide me few details or other information ?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Google this:

luchtdoelartillerie.nl

Any you will get lots of info.

Kevin in Deva. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: August 20, 2009 08:08 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 770

ALSO:-

Dutch Air Defence Artillery.

It is one of the three branches of the Artillery, the others being Horse Artillery and Field Artillery.

The W on the crossed guns stands for King Willem I.

The underground represents the colours of the Artillery, black over red (gunsmoke and fire) and this is shared with the Field Artillery.

Below the rank of WO the underground is made from felt, WO and up is velvet.
Horse Artillery uses the recce colours yellow and blue and does not wear a barret with cap badge but they wear a blue garrison cap with yellow trim and tassel and have embroidered guns.

The units are organised as independent batteries attached to the two Mech Brigades (11- and 13 AirDefBt) and the AAST brigade (11 AirDefCie).

They operate the Dismounted Stinger, G-wagon mounted Stinger, Fennek-Stinger and NASAMS.

They work closely with the AirForce in a joint organisation based at ´the Peel´ (the AF operates Stinger and Patriot).
PMEmail Poster
Sorin70
Posted: August 21, 2009 05:34 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2585

Thank you very much for your help. Your information was very usefull.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0251 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]