Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> value
dkmg
  Posted: January 26, 2009 10:37 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 2367

Could a qualified person please tell me an estimative value of this collection? Thank you.
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
boonicootza
Posted: January 26, 2009 01:14 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Member No.: 135

I would say that the value is 1000 to 1500 Euro, that's only for the Romanian medals.
I don't know about the Order of the German Eagle, if it's original it's quite expensive.

--------------------
~
PMEmail PosterYahoo
aviatiadasenzatia
Posted: January 26, 2009 03:42 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 391

In my opinion at least 2000 euros just for the Romanian Orders and Medals.
PMEmail Poster
Greg Collins
Posted: May 25, 2009 01:56 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2382

There are two factors in determining value for any award. The first is the intrinsic value- the value of the piece based on what it is made of... the smelt value. Most awards are made of less-than- precious materials; tombac, brass, bronze, etc. so their intrinsic value is quite low. Of course then you have, say, an Order of Lenin which is made from high-karat gold and platinum whose intrinsic value is quite high. The intrinsic value is, usually, much lower than the collector value.

The collector value of a piece is determined by peoples' desire to own the piece, regardless of what it is made of. This is determined by the historical importance of the piece and the number available (supply and demand). The collector value is, very often, influenced by the economy (the owners need to sell versus the customers ability to pay). The collector value is usually (virtually always) higher than the intrinsic value of the piece.

While the intrinsic value will usually remain stable over a fairly long period of time, the collector value will change virtually overnight, again based on supply and demand. Originally seen with regard to 3rd Reich items, it has spread to Soviet and Mongolian items (with a vengeance) and is now moving into the other Warsaw Pact nations. Though the items you show are not Communist, my guess is, as there is a definite market for Romanian royal awards, that the estimates given have changed since January. When seeking to determine the value of awards, you really have to check daily or at the very least weekly to see what the awards are being sold for. That is what will ultimately decide the value of a piece... except, of course, the value you put on a given piece yourself with regard to "pride of ownership".
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0416 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]