Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> WW2 airsoft event - info needed
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: August 04, 2013 08:40 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

Group: Members
Member No.: 328

Hello everyone, my first post here after a very long absence : )

I need your help with a new project I want to make - I want to create an airsoft event next year in May and recreate a battle betwen romanian, german and soviet forces. The event will be hosted on a very hard hill terrain near Curtea de Arges:

https://maps.google.ro/maps?q=bradulet&hl=r...Arge%C8%99&z=17

This is the game area map:
http://gameland.ro/spartanwars/wp-content/...ta_10m_MGRS.jpg

I need your help on the following subjects:
1. I need to decide what battle to recreate; my knowledge of ground forces battles is rather limited so your advice would be great (would be nice to have similitudes betwen the terrain we are playing on and the actual battle terrain)

2. I need to find out more about the units involved, including their uniforms (correct uniform will be required to take part in this event, so I need to accurately describe them) and weaponry.

3. need to know how units were deployed on the field, in order for me to arrange them in a similar way at GAME START.

PS: in those areas marked Baza #1 ... Baza #5, we have already built fortifications (bunkers / trenches / etc.)

This post has been edited by D13-th_Mytzu on August 04, 2013 08:41 am
PMUsers Website
cainele_franctiror
Posted: August 04, 2013 09:20 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 334

What about Targu-Frumos Battle at the beginning of May 1944?

If not, my next book will be about Iernut-Oarba de Mures Battle (sept 1944). I can help you a lot with info that I already have, but there were no Soviet forces... Well, actually the Soviet were in the aria...

This post has been edited by cainele_franctiror on August 04, 2013 09:24 am
PM
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: August 04, 2013 10:06 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

Can you pls point me to some info about Iernut-Oarba ? A link to google maps would be helpfull as well so I can see what type of terrain it was.

As for Targu Frumos I think the terrain was mild hilly, the one we have here (at Curtea de Arges) is almos mountainous.
PMUsers Website
cainele_franctiror
Posted: August 04, 2013 10:11 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 334

I am sending you a PM
PM
Victor
Posted: August 05, 2013 05:32 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Given the terrain's configuration, how about the first siege of Sevastopol?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: August 05, 2013 04:44 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

hmm.. don't think we'll have enough russian uniforms to fill the other team - but it's a good point for the future, might even bring in some aviation biggrin.gif
One of the suggestions made to me was Tatra Mountains, which sounds interesting - romanian + russians uniforms vs. german + hungarian uniforms, mountainous terrain also.
The thing is I'll have to find a new battle for each edition I will make (1 per year), so the more suggestions you can give me, the better.
PMUsers Website
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: August 19, 2013 09:10 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

Can you please direct me to informations regarding romanian army uniforms and weapons (I am mainly interested after 23rd of august '44) ?
PMUsers Website
mabadesc
Posted: August 21, 2013 03:23 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 40

Recreating one of these battles in an airsoft setting is a wonderful idea!
My opinion would be to choose between Targu Frumos, Sevastopol, and Iernut-Oarba de Mures. Just keep in mind that Targu Frumos had significant tank engagements, so it wouldn't really be possible to recreate all facets of the battle.
Tatra Mountains also sounds good but it seems a bit complicated, in my opinion.

Best of luck and please let me know if I can help in any way.
I'd also like to participate in the battle if there are any remaining open slots, so please let me know once you find out the exact date, duration, and chosen place.

Best,
Mihai

This post has been edited by mabadesc on August 21, 2013 03:24 am
PM
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: August 21, 2013 07:53 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

Hi Mabadesc !
For the moment we do not have any ww2 mechanized vehicles for the game - we do want to make some but it will take time and money and I do not think they will be ready for this first edition which will take place in May 2014 at Bradulet (near Curtea de Arges - see location).

I have already considered making Oarba de Mures but most likely that will be the second edition of the event in 2015. Unfortunatelly for Sevastopol, I think it is too soon, since nobody has ww2 russian uniforms, so this year I must recreate a post 23rd august '44 event where germans fought romanian troops.

You are more than welcome to join us in this event, you can do it as first line combatant or HQ stuff.

As for the uniforms and weapons - can anyone point me to a source where I can find romanian uniforms and weapons used after 23rd august '44 ? I think due to the fact they captured german supplies they might have used more german equipment - just a guess, that is why I am asking.

PS: can someone also point me to an interesting battle/operation in the Tatra Mountains ?
To give you an ideea about how this event might look, please see this link: http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/category/uk-ww2-airsoft-events/

This post has been edited by D13-th_Mytzu on August 21, 2013 07:55 am
PMUsers Website
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: August 21, 2013 07:17 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Victor (or anyone else) can u tell me more about Zvolen-Banska Bystrica operations, opr direct me to a source of informations ?
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: August 22, 2013 05:17 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Do you plan to do the recreation in snow?
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: August 22, 2013 05:34 am
Quote Post

General de brigada

Nope - the terrain is quite difficult to do it in snow, but I think I get your point smile.gif
The event will be held in May, no snow will be present (it can be seen on the tops of the mountains though...) but at night it will be quite cold. I browsed the net a lot in order to find infos about those battles, all I could find was a lot of info about the uporising and just few words about the later liberation (like soviet and romanian troops liberated Banska Bystrica in march '45).

I would like to find out more about how romanian troops entered Slovakia (at Roznava I think ? ) and than fought their way towards Banska Bystrica and later towards West.
PMUsers Website
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: January 09, 2014 01:08 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Decided to go for Paulis with the first WW2 event. I read some info about it (whatever I could find on the internet - ww2.ro included) and I made a map that is not 100% accurate due to the fact it has to match our actual terrain features, however I tried to keep it as much as possible similar to the 2D map of Paulis Battle.

What I do not know is the Hungarian units which for this particular event will be replaced by German units in order to avoid any nationalistical bad behaviour and also to be easier with the dresscode - most players have german uniforms. However, even if we will use german dress code isntead of hungarian, I want to retain the Hungarian names of the units involved - I did not find a map or description where it says where each unit was, so I kind of placed them out of my arse on the map; if anyone knows where each unit should be placed, I would very much apreciate it.

Also - anyone knows what elevation was on Vf. Marului ?

user posted image
PMUsers Website
Victor
Posted: January 09, 2014 02:03 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

369.6 m
D13-th_Mytzu
Posted: January 09, 2014 05:57 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

10x Victor !
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0297 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]