Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Laugaricio 2015; Tank Meet Impressions 20.06.2015
Elvetian
Posted: June 25, 2015 02:26 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 3451

Hello Together,

last week we went to Trenkin in Slovakia to visit a Reenactment event.
My friend was last year and came back very excited.
So we decided to go this year together in Romanian officer uniforms.

Right at the entrance was a Romanian camp with romanian reenactors from Slovakia.
Of course we went first to them to salute them.

Then straight forward to the whole camp ground.

Even our girls had a ton of fun there.
They climb into many vehicles and took a "closer look".

In the afternoon began the real reenactment on a big battlefield.
Americans together with Soviets encircled a german convoy.
Some fighter plans, 2 germans + 2 soviets, took booth sides under fire.
No question, the Americans and Soviets won the battle and took the remaining germans as prisoners.

After the battle we went again trough the camp and visited everything.
Even the Slovakian Army participated with a big amount of vehicles.

A lot of Reenactors and Visitors came to us and questioned us from which army and period our uniforms are.
Also many of them asked if they can take some pictures with us.
Of course we did this with pleasure.

At the end we landed in a American Camp and had to taste the Slovakian Rakhiu. ;-)

It was a very nice event and we had a great time there.
Next year is allready planned to be there again.
Well, me and my friend were thinking to build a camp too.
We just have to convince our Ladies to participate in uniforms too and even more difficult to stay with us in the camp.

Better i let the pictures talk.

Greetings
Robert

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Elvetian on June 25, 2015 02:47 pm
PMEmail Poster
Elvetian
Posted: June 25, 2015 02:50 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Elvetian
Posted: June 25, 2015 02:51 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Elvetian
Posted: June 25, 2015 02:51 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Elvetian
Posted: June 25, 2015 02:52 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Elvetian
Posted: June 25, 2015 02:53 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
adicontakt
Posted: June 25, 2015 05:44 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3322

great photos!!!
PMEmail Poster
Agarici
Posted: June 25, 2015 07:36 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 522

Really impressive, congratulations! And a small "cârcotaş" observation: your colleague should have worn the piston holster on the other side of his "Sam Browne" belt wink.gif

Offtopic: I'd really liked to meet those young ladies in SS uniforms. smile.gif I don't want to sound sexist, but (also given the fact that there's no woman who contribute to this forum) I wonder what could have motivated them to participate to the reenactment (in those uniforms). Were they history students, perhaps?

This post has been edited by Agarici on June 25, 2015 08:14 pm
PMEmail Poster
Elvetian
Posted: June 25, 2015 08:16 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

QUOTE (Agarici @ June 25, 2015 11:36 pm)
Really impressive, congratulations! And a small "cârcotaş" observation: your colleague should have worn the piston holster on the other side of his "Sam Browne" belt wink.gif

Offtopic: I'd really liked to meet those young ladies in SS uniforms. smile.gif I don't want to sound sexist, but (also given the fact that there's no woman who contribute to this forum) I wonder what could have motivated them to participate in the reenactment (in those uniforms). Were they history students, perhaps?

I know the regulation says the holster is worn left, but in fact it was worn also on the right side. biggrin.gif

The most difficult task for the day was to bind the "Moletiere" to my friends shin.
Even with a pictured manual had to start over 3 times. blink.gif
At least it looked it wasn't done to bad cause they hold the whole day.
End of the day after removing them he remained with a nice scriss-scross on his skin. tongue.gif

As we were walking trough the camp we've seen the SS- and Wehrmacht-Helferinnen again. It looked like were there with husband or boyfriend and reenacted together.

This post has been edited by Elvetian on June 25, 2015 08:50 pm
PMEmail Poster
ionionescu
Posted: June 27, 2015 09:36 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 2794

Nice Romanian peacetime interwar 1930-1939 uniforms impression, the only critique is the uniform with puttees and the strange shoes, it does not mach his rank and decorations so not very realistic. Keep the good work. Cheers cool.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Elvetian
Posted: June 28, 2015 10:34 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

QUOTE (ionionescu @ June 28, 2015 01:36 am)
Nice Romanian peacetime interwar 1930-1939 uniforms impression, the only critique is the uniform with puttees and the strange shoes, it does not mach his rank and decorations so not very realistic. Keep the good work. Cheers cool.gif

You're absolutely right.
I told my friend to prepare next year with mountain or riding boots. blink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Agarici
Posted: June 28, 2015 09:26 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 522

QUOTE (Elvetian @ June 25, 2015 08:16 pm)
QUOTE (Agarici @ June 25, 2015 11:36 pm)

Offtopic: I'd really liked to meet those young ladies in SS uniforms. smile.gif I don't want to sound sexist, but (also given the fact that there's no woman who contribute to this forum) I wonder what could have motivated them to participate in the reenactment (in those uniforms). Were they history students, perhaps?

I know the regulation says the holster is worn left, but in fact it was worn also on the right side. biggrin.gif

The most difficult task for the day was to bind the "Moletiere" to my friends shin.
Even with a pictured manual had to start over 3 times. blink.gif
At least it looked it wasn't done to bad cause they hold the whole day.
End of the day after removing them he remained with a nice scriss-scross on his skin. tongue.gif

As we were walking trough the camp we've seen the SS- and Wehrmacht-Helferinnen again. It looked like were there with husband or boyfriend and reenacted together.

I see. smile.gif Thank you for the answer.

Even though the uniforms were impressive, the best part of the event was I guess represented by the vechicles. Were they original machines, made functional, or reconstructions? What about the planes, what type were they?
PMEmail Poster
Elvetian
Posted: June 29, 2015 07:13 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

As i am not very familiar with planes i don't have a ny idea what type they was.

I was blown away how many vehicles actually was present.
Most of them i believe are original and rebuilt.
My friend had before the meeting in 2014 contact with a Slovakian and that men told him they have something like clubs who restorate and maintain the vehicles.
Sure very costly hobbies.
Just when i've seen how much the vehicles were moved around during the day by the reenactors but also with free rides for visitors i think a big amount of fuel was consumed which the pay out of their pockets !

Aside the fact that many vehicles had to be transported to and from the meeting with flatbed trucks what costs a lot.

I really take of my "Chapeau" from the Slovakians for the efforts they take to keep this things alive.

One reenactor of the german Afrikakorps who talked very well german told us there is a even bigger meeting called Sahara, check out the link:
SAHARA
This year it's from 28.-30. of August near the town of Senica.

Would like to go, but don't know yet if i can convince my better half to take again the 750 kilometer trip. laugh.gif

Greetings
Robert
PMEmail Poster
Taz1
Posted: July 16, 2015 08:28 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 2414

Nice pictures, nice event.You are both looking great in the uniforms. I will be all so ,, carcotas " biggrin.gif . In those types of events everybody is traing to look as clean as possible. This is not very realistic. 70 years ago there where not so many paved roads + the combat meaning that the men, uniforms, equipment etc was full of dust, mud, present signs of battle damage .
Another fact is the fat,human fat. Many participans had huge bellys biggrin.gif Even the waffen ss soilders.Not very realistic. To much fust food, beer,cola etc

Regarding the historic evens that were presentated, things where a little bit diferent in 1945.Many germans manage to escape and surrender to americans including the waffen ss- elements of the second Das Reich divizion. They were not encirclet.

Here is the actual filming from 1945 in color : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x267tap_d...-mai-1945_music

PMEmail Poster
Elvetian
Posted: July 18, 2015 07:46 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

QUOTE (Taz1 @ July 17, 2015 12:28 am)
Nice pictures, nice event.You are both looking great in the uniforms. I will be all so ,, carcotas " biggrin.gif . In those types of events everybody is traing to look as clean as possible. This is not very realistic. 70 years ago there where not so many paved roads + the combat meaning that the men, uniforms, equipment etc was full of dust, mud, present signs of battle damage .
Another fact is the fat,human fat. Many participans had huge bellys biggrin.gif Even the waffen ss soilders.Not very realistic. To much fust food, beer,cola etc

Regarding the historic evens that were presentated, things where a little bit diferent in 1945.Many germans manage to escape and surrender to americans including the waffen ss- elements of the second Das Reich divizion. They were not encirclet.

Here is the actual filming from 1945 in color : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x267tap_d...-mai-1945_music

You are absolutely correct about our clean uniforms. Those which camped there 4 days and participated at the battle looked much more convincing. Dusty clothes and many had a 2 day beard. Body fat is for some a problem. :-)
Luckily i have no problem with it at all.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0374 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]