Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Documentar despre luptele de la Cosna
Qubix
Posted: September 10, 2012 01:16 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3389

Am gasit acest documentar, sper sa va placa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb3b93FZbU8&feature=related
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: September 10, 2012 07:42 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

The real name of the movie is Hill 786 and it is made by the young Dimăncescu, who died short time ago while shooting another of his films.

He used for some part of the documentary reenactors from Asociaţia 6 Dorobanţi from Bucharest, to depict romanian soldiers from WW1.

This post has been edited by 21 inf on September 10, 2012 07:44 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Florin
Posted: September 11, 2012 01:58 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (21 inf @ September 10, 2012 02:42 pm)
...movie ... Hill 786 ... is made by the young Dimăncescu, who died short time ago while shooting another of his films.

Interesting movie - it worth the time I diverted from an engineering exam waiting ahead. Click "Like" in YouTube if you like it !

P.S.: 1. The short explanations made by the Romanian Major from our days should have been translated in English subtitles - it is a good documentary, that may draw attention from non-Romanian viewers as well
2. The Romanian subtitles miss the real meaning in English from time to time, but not that bad
3. Most important: the Romanian petroleum was important for Germany in 1916...1917, but not as important as in WW Two. It was nevertheless much closer to Germany than another major source of petroleum: the oil fields from Iraq, back then a province of the Ottoman Empire - an ally of Germany. Due to the actions of the Arabs fighting alongside "Lawrence of Arabia", sometime in 1918 the transportation was cut between the oil fields of Iraq and Europe. But by that time the petroleum production in Romania was somehow repaired, and in that moment Romania became really important as oil source. However, Romania was under Central Powers occupation to the end of WWI, so petroleum was not such a big problem for Germany.

This post has been edited by Florin on September 11, 2012 03:23 am
PM
Qubix
Posted: September 11, 2012 05:56 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3389

QUOTE (Florin @ September 11, 2012 01:58 am)

Interesting movie - it worth the time I diverted from an engineering exam waiting ahead. Click "Like" in YouTube if you like it !

Oops, my apologies, forgot the fact that this is an English-speaking forum. smile.gif And yes, I actually diverted 45 minutes from a physics exam, just to watch it. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Florin
Posted: September 11, 2012 06:25 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (Qubix @ September 11, 2012 12:56 am)
...Oops, my apologies,  forgot the fact that this is an English-speaking forum. smile.gif And yes, I actually diverted 45 minutes from a physics exam, just to watch it.  biggrin.gif

You do not need to apologize.
If am assuming the documentary was intended for TV networks – I am wondering if only for Romanian audiences, or more than that. If it was only for Romanian audiences, of course the Major's words won't need English sub-titles.
If I would be the gentleman who posted it on YouTube, I would type the subtitles myself – free software like "Windows Live Movie Maker" can do it before you send the movie into YouTube. Well, that's it – it is very nice that he posted the movie in YouTube.

This post has been edited by Florin on September 12, 2012 05:24 am
PM
21 inf
Posted: September 11, 2012 09:50 am
Quote Post

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

The documentary was transmited at one romanian tv channel.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Fratello
Posted: September 11, 2012 06:35 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

Unfortunately, the young documentary director Nicholas Dimancescu, who made this film, died last year on May 22. He was only 26 years old. He was a very talented and good person.

http://kogainonfilms.com/Pages/About/Obituary.html
PMEmail Poster
Fratello
Posted: September 11, 2012 06:40 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent

Member No.: 475

For more details about this documentary and another films made by KOGAINON FILMS see this:

http://kogainonfilms.com/
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0552 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]