|Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
|WorldWar2.ro Forum > Reenactment > "The City of Ploiesti Days"|
|Posted by: Kepi February 28, 2007 08:29 am|
| On Friday, 18th of May 2007, in order to celebrate the “The International Day of the Museums”, the Historical Museum of Ploiesti, with the support of the National Military Museum and the city of Ploiesti authorities, will organize a historical evening dedicated to the Independence War epoch. This show will open the “ City of Ploiesti Days ”, a traditional event organized every year at the end of May.
- 15.00 The “troops” will fall into line: 15 Dorobantzes of the 6th regiment, 4 gunners of the 4th Artillery of the "6th Dorobantzes" association ( http://www.6dorobanti.ro/ ), 30 Bulgarian volunteers from Traditsia association, 12 romanian line infantrymen (extras with uniforms of the Museum), 15 “Russian” infantrymen ( Romanian extras with uniforms of the cinema stores), 4 roshiori horsemen ( Romanian gendarmes) + “Russian” generals & officers (Bulgarians with their own uniforms) + about 5 Bulgarian ladies dressed in civilian folk costumes.
So there will be about 30 Bulgarian reenactors ( 25-26 Bulgarian volunteers and 4-5 “Russian” officers) + about 5 Bulgarian ladies dressed in old style folk costumes, and 25 Romanian reenactors (Dorobantzes, artillerymen) + 25 Romanian extras (line infantry, roshiori, “Russian” infantry) + Romanian civilians in old costumes = about 100 people.
The city mayor will take a speech.
- 15.30 the troops will march in a column to General Stoletov’s headquarters.
- 16.00 the troops will fall into line in front of the Bulgarian troops headquarters. Here it will be a short ceremony with wreaths depositions.
- 16.15 the troops will march in a column to the Rifles (Vanatori) Monument, near the Southern Railroad Station. They will be fallowed by civilians dressed in historical costumes;
- 17.00 the troops will fall into line in front of the monument. Here it will be reconstructed the ceremony in which Grand-Duke Nicolas, the commander of the Russian troops, handled the Samara flag to the Bulgarian detachments. This show will be performed by the Bulgarian reenactors. Then it will be a wreaths deposition ceremony. The troops will fire honour volleys with rifles and a small bronze gun;
- 17.45 the troops will march back towards the city park;
- 18.00 the troops will relax and will participate as spectators at different theater one-act plays, band concerts, refreshments and bar shops, etc.
- 20.30 the troops will rely and will march towards the city center carrying burning torches.
- 21.00 the reenactors will have a friendship supper at the military club of Ploiesti.
Then they will be hosted in a military hostel.
Saturday in the morning, after the breakfast, the reenactors will come to Bucharest to participate at the Military Museum Days, from 10.00 to 14.00.
|Posted by: Kepi April 27, 2007 03:33 pm|
| We are terribly sorry to inform you that due to the political events in Romania – the referendum concerning the Romanian president's impeach that was recently decided by the Parliament for Saturday 19th of May –the 'City of Ploiesti Days" will be postponed for another date, probably, beginning of June. This means that OUR COMMEMORATION SHOW OF 18th OF MAY MUST BE ALSO POSTPONED, because these two events were linked. It seems that in the Historical Museum of the city of Ploiesti will be a voting office and all the efforts of Ploiesti authorities will be directed to fulfill this task.
Unfortunately, the Bulgarian Friends have spent time and money to prepare for this event, but the today political situation in Romania seems to oppose our plans. We hope to resume this project in the near future.
We don't know what is the alternative for the Ploiesti commemoration: to postpone this event for the beginning of June (probably 8th of June) or for the reconstruction show of the battle of Grivitsa Redoubt, at Fort Mogosoaia, which is planned on 8th of September.
We'll inform you in due time about the best solution.
|Posted by: Kepi May 22, 2007 11:44 am|
| The new date for the Ploiesti commemorative show was established on Saturday, 23rd of June.
The program of the event will remain roughly unchanged.
|Posted by: Kepi June 17, 2007 08:15 am|
| The new schedule of the Ploiesti show:
The revised event that celebrates the 130th anniversary of the Independence War (1877-2007) will take place on Saturday 23rd of June 2007, in the evening.
- 19.00 The “troops” will fall into line in front of the Historical Museum of Ploiesti: 1 detachment of the 6th Dorobantzes Regiment, 1 section of the 4th Artillery regiment of Ploiesti, 2 detachments of Bulgarian volunteers from Traditsia association, the staff of Grand Duke Nicolas, the commander of the Russian armies in Europe (performed by Bulgarian reenactors), 2 detachments of Romanian line infantrymen, a group of 5 Bulgarian ladies dressed in civilian folk costumes.
It will be a short ceremony in front of the Museum.
- 19.15 the troops will march in a column towards str. Iasi , nr. 5, the place where the staff of Bulgarian volunteers was located in 1877.
- 19.45 the troops will present arms in front of this location.
- 19.50 the troops will march in a column towards the Rifles (Vanatori) Monument, near the Southern Railroad Station. At the entering on Bd. Independentei, the band of the city of Ploiesti and a horse drawn coach escorted by 4 cavalrymen will wait for the troops. Grand Duke Nicolas and the commander of the Romanian troops will get up the coach and head the column to the Rifles Monument.
- 20.30 the troops will fall into line in front of the monument. Here it will be reconstructed the ceremony in which Grand-Duke Nicolas, handled the Samara flag to the Bulgarian detachments. This show will be performed by the Bulgarian reenactors. Then it will be a wreaths deposition ceremony. The troops will fire honour volleys with rifles and a small bronze gun;
- 21.15 the troops will march back towards the city center carrying burning torches.
- 22.00 the reenactors will have a friendship supper at the military club of Ploiesti.
Then the Bulgarian reenactors will be hosted in the military hostel.
Sunday morning, after the breakfast, the Bulgarian reenactors will leave for their home.
We hope to have a nice weather, not so hot, nor rainy.
|Posted by: Kepi June 17, 2007 08:43 am|
| Here is the poster of the event of Ploiesti:
|Posted by: Kepi June 27, 2007 10:43 am|
| As it was planned, the 130th anniversary of the Independence War of 1877 took place in the city of Ploiesti, in the evening of the 23rd of June, 2007.
The temperature was extremely high (33 degrees Celsius) not very comfortable for the reenactors wearing cloth uniforms and woolen hats.
An important group of 40 Bulgarian reenactors, dressed in volunteers and haiduks, have also participate. They intended to recreate the ceremony of handling of the Samara flag by Great-Duke Nicolas, the commander of the Russian troops in the Balkans (played by a Bulgarian reenactor), to the Bulgarian volunteers detachments. These units were set up around Ploiesti. This moment symbolizes the beginning of the Liberation War of Bulgaria.
After a short ceremony in front of the Historical Museum of Ploiesti, the reenactors column (about 60 persons), went to the location in which was the headquarters of the Bulgarian volunteers detachments. Then the troops headed to the Rifles (Vanatori) Monument, near the Southern Railroad Station. In front of the monument, the Bulgarians colleagues recreated the handling of the Samara flag ceremony, then the officials were awarded with commemorative medals. There was also a wreaths deposition ceremony and the show ended with honour volleys fired by historical rifles and a bronze gun.
The event was very much appreciated by the public and the authorities of Ploiesti. They would like to organize a similar show, next year.
An account about this event could be found in some Ploiesti newspapers: http://www.ziarulprahova.ro/articol~categorie-cultura~stire-23860~la-130-de-ani-de-la-cucerirea-independentei-de-stat-a-romaniei.html
Additional information and photos: http://6dorobanti.ro/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1171025067/55#55 and http://www.snimka.bg/album.php?album_id=147453 .
http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=003271490bighd3.jpg http://img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=64489957cs7.jpg http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=003271553bigms5.jpg http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=003271592bigim4.jpg
|Posted by: 21 inf June 28, 2007 01:36 pm|
|Very nice pics on your site!|