|Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
|WorldWar2.ro Forum > Reviews & Bookstore > Books about Romanians in the W-SS|
|Posted by: PKJ May 16, 2010 12:46 pm|
Im wondering if someone here on this excellent forum can recommend me any good books (academic studies or veteran accounts) on the Romanians in the Waffen-SS? The only book I know of is Richard Landwehrs small book.
|Posted by: Alexei2102 May 17, 2010 08:46 am|
| Hello PKJ, and welcome to the forum.
Besides Landwehr's book, there are close to no other sources on Romanians in the Waffen SS.
Besides those two ill fated regiments, 99% of the Romanians Volksdeutsche went into the following units:
1. The majority went into Prinz Eugen division.
2. Another small part into the Karstwehr BTL, or the Nord Division.
3. Some 40 to 50 went into the KZ system, like Auschwitz, Bergen Belsen, Buchenwald, etc.
4. Some into Nachrichten units on the Western front, and divisions like Das Reich, Wiking, Reichsfuhrer SS, LAH.
5. Lastly, some, like the lot formerly belonging to seeker here on the forum, ended the war in various schools.
6. A minority went also in to the SS-Jagdverbande.
Hope this info was usedul. In the next few days, I will post a very small but nice fotolot of a Romanian SS man from Lipova, who spent the war in the Prinz Eugen Division.
|Posted by: Dénes May 17, 2010 12:50 pm|
| What about the 8th SS Division 'Florian Geyer'? Lots of ethnic Germans from Rumania (and Hungary) enrolled in this unit (and fought, for example, during the combat operations in Transylvania in the Autumn of 1944).
|Posted by: Alexei2102 May 17, 2010 01:10 pm|
| Yes, forgot about that division... thank you Denes for the updated info.
|Posted by: PKJ May 17, 2010 06:59 pm|
| Hi Guys and thanks for your quik replys!
Have any of you read the book "Din Bucovina Pe Oder" by Chirila Ciuntu? If so, any good?
|Posted by: PKJ December 13, 2010 06:54 pm|
Im bumping this thread again as Im still looking for the book "Din Bucovina Pe Oder" by Chirila Ciuntu. Ive heard its been re-published 4-5 years ago.
Best regards and thanks in advance