|Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
|WorldWar2.ro Forum > Awards & Badges > Two WW2 Romanian portraits|
|Posted by: Freiwillige February 25, 2010 03:06 pm|
| I'm a new member here and I start with a couple of questions. I'm a collector of German WW2 photographs and have no in-depth experience in identification of the Romanian photos. Thus I'm looking for your kind assistance in clearing out some unknown details I encountered.
Could you please help me with the identification of two Romanian WW2 portraits I bought recently?
No.1 Sublokotenent in M41 officers' tunic. Photo is dated Dec. 14, 1942.
- What is the second medal bar (the first being "Cruciada Împotriva Comunismului")?
- Any ideas of his branch of service (colour of the collar patch)?
- What is the chevron worn on the left sleeve? Wound badge? What class if so?
|Posted by: Freiwillige February 25, 2010 03:11 pm|
| No.2 Questions regarding this portrait (dated July 31, 1944 on the back):
- What is the rank?
- What are the awards? I'm able to identify only two of them: "Cruciada Împotriva Comunismului" and the German-style worn ribbon of "Bărbăţie şi Credinţă" medal.
- As far as I understand this man wears field tunic M39 or M41?
Many thanks in advance!
|Posted by: 21 inf February 25, 2010 06:53 pm|
|1st photo, chevron on the left sleeve is wounded badge (sign).|
|Posted by: Freiwillige February 27, 2010 05:19 am|
|No one here can answer those simple questions???|
|Posted by: Mannlicher February 27, 2010 07:40 pm|
|...maybe this will be useful http://www.marksmedals.com/romanian_medals_files/Royal_Romanian_Ribbons/Royal_Romanian_Ribbon_Chart.html|
|Posted by: Freiwillige February 28, 2010 02:54 am|
Thank you for a link!
|Posted by: 21 inf February 28, 2010 03:48 am|
|Freiwillige, when you identify all the ribbons, please let me know, I'm curious about them. Thank you!|
|Posted by: Freiwillige February 28, 2010 11:10 am|
| As for the awards:
1. Sublocotenent has Medalia Cruciada Împotriva Comunismului (first ribbon). As for the second award (with crosses) I'm not sure - the ribbon doesn't match any medal /order I'm aware of
2. NCO has Medalia Cruciada Împotriva Comunismului (first ribbon) and Medalia Centenarului naşterii regelui Carol I (third ribbon). What is the second one (with crosses)? As for the ribbon worn in the "buttonhole" (the style the Germans did) initially I though it's a "Bărbăţie şi Credinţă" but the colours don't match as well
That's why I'm seekeing help with the awards identification here