Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Serbs in the Austro-Hungarian army
Najroda
Posted: March 19, 2004 09:28 am
Quote Post

Fruntas
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 193

No comparison is unreasonable in itself. It can only point to differences and simmilarities. For example worse in Hungary before WW I than Romania today: no higher education in Romanian. Better than today: local admistration in minority (or actually: local majority) languages. Every medal has two sides. Of course when comparing different eras, one has to bear in mind that standards have changed over time.

But you're right, this is getting off-topic.

Perhaps we should start a seperate thread sometimes (in the off-topic section of course), because it seems there are many misconceptions and false presumptions here (probably I am not free of them myself, but I try to form my opinion based on facts as possible, instead of on popular myths), it would be very enlightening to have an open discussion about this subject and clear them up. I think this is possible, even if we don't agree on the exact interpretation of the facts. I would prefer any opinion based on facts over the axioma that "my country deals/dealt with it's minorities better than yours, full stop". Unfortunately the majority of both Hungarians and Romanians blindly accept this. But the question which of the two are "right" in this respect, isn't even important in my eyes, it should even be avoided, because the motive behind that is ultimately proving the own superiority and/or justifying political actions.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0537 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]