Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanians in Austro-Hungarian Army
Najroda
Posted: March 19, 2004 01:10 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 193

The source of the nationality data I posted is the 1910 (Austro-) Hungarian census, which is surprisingly consistent with the post-WWI Romanian censuses, apart from the fact that the first categorized the census subjects according to their self-declared nationality, while the latter administratively reduced the number of Hungarians by deducting those who declared themselves Hungarian by nationality but at the same time jewish, lutheran, greek catholic etc. by religion, and put them in the Jewish, German or Romanian category.
PM
johnny_bi
Posted: March 19, 2004 02:03 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

Hmmm. About the complexity of the situation I can give you the examples of my relatives: two of my grand-grand fathers were drafted in the A-H army. One if them, apparently fought in the Balkans and the other one in Italy (he was wounded there and he died 20 years later because of an infection - the doctors could not extract the "schrappnels" from his backbone). An other grand-grandfather was drafted in the Romanian army and he participated, at least, in the actions against the Bolshevics in Hungary.
I think this is a tragic situation for the nationalities, other than Hungarian, Austrian and German, that fought in the A-H Army. And this tragic situation was above the figures.
PM
Dénes
Posted: September 29, 2004 07:13 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Here are a few a postcards of Rumanian ethnic Austro-Hungarian soldiers, sent during W.W. 1:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
From eBay.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on September 29, 2004 07:16 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0298 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]