Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Discussions on bannings
Chandernagore
Posted: November 12, 2003 08:04 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 106

We need dedicated saloon brawl folder as a pressure outlet. We could call it "Thunderdome". When two members start a flame war, everybody cries "thunderdome !!!" and the two guys are sent in the arena until only one stands laugh.gif
PM
dragos
Posted: November 12, 2003 10:06 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Hey, hey! What's happening? WHAT QUOTE??? What is with that typically totalitarian and unjust manner of \"moderating\"? I personally don't see any offensive (?) post of Thomas where he is quoting me!!!

Thomas knows what I'm talking about. I have deleted the quote of your message that was previously deleted by Victor on page 1 of this topic. It is too much to ask to behave civilised ?
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Geto-Dacul
Posted: November 12, 2003 02:34 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Group: Members
Member No.: 9

dragos wrote :

Thomas knows what I'm talking about. I have deleted the quote of your message that was previously deleted by Victor on page 1 of this topic. It is too much to ask to behave civilised ?

I already received an advertisment for that! As a couple of days already passed, I see it as an abuse...
ANYWAY!

Getu'
PMUsers Website
Chandernagore
Posted: November 13, 2003 12:40 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

I have banned you for never-ending off-topic, but you try to convince me that you deserve more

No. Need I convince you that (as a rule of thumb) using pictures which, by their very nature, can be extremely offensive to other groups, race or sex as avatar are best avoided ? I hope not. Use of nazi pictures & regalia to represent one’s self is hardly innocent. If you think there is no correlation, look at the avatar and nickname of Sir PogRomus and compare them with the content of his postings. And then let's call a dog a dog.

I must say I was quite surprised when I first came here to discover that those practices were allowed (then it dawned on me that not all countries outside EU are necessarily banning neo-nazis from political activities in the street, not to mention the internet). But as you know, I already pleaded guilty about shaming people who indulge in it.

Naturally I’m taking some flak for this which I accept handily. I'm not even talking of Thomas ridiculous defense here. He seems to believe that he can use laws and rules (into which he does not believe) to forward his cause the same way the nazis did. He's in for a big surprise. It doesn't work that way anymore. And frankly, if all of this must end with me being permanently banned, then I will proudly march out and the world will keep turning, no big deal.
PM
Geto-Dacul
Posted: November 13, 2003 01:56 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Chandernagore wrote :

look at the avatar and nickname of Sir PogRomus and compare them with the content of his postings.

Actually, PogRomus' avatar represents a Romanian SS volunteer, member of the Romanian nationalist Iron Guard movement. Behind the soldier is the symbol of the Iron Guard (the grill) and the portrait of the founder of the movement : Corneliu Zelea Codreanu.

Regards,

Getu'
PMUsers Website
Chandernagore
Posted: November 13, 2003 02:07 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

Actually, PogRomus' avatar represents a Romanian SS volunteer, member of the Romanian nationalist Iron Guard movement. Behind the soldier is the symbol of the Iron Guard (the grill) and the portrait of the founder of the movement : Corneliu Zelea Codreanu.

Thanks for the precision. It doesn't change the fundamentals because the SS runes used points toward a similar fascist ideology.
PM
Chandernagore
Posted: November 13, 2003 03:46 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

I always accorded people presumption of innocence and trusted their ability to understand forum rules and behave civilised. PogRomus was warned not only once, and also for his nickname (by Victor), eventually being banned. Since some members' attention turned in a totally different direction from the one intended for this forum, especially expressing hard feelings, I must say that I don't have to respond to these and, most likely, I won't. If you don't like this forum or you don't want to follow the rules, feel free to say good bye.  :(

Don’t be so negative with me. Presumption of innocence is good for common lawyers, less so when considering dead dangerous, rotten ideologies.

I guess my alarm clock is just more finicky than yours , I have some valid reasons for that. Look at it this way : the external feel of the forum is impacted. Granted I’m not always playing in a shy way but attention is quickly drawn and a climax reached fast. Now you can always say that I should mind my own business, feel free to say goodbye etc… But generalisation of that reaction would lead not to a forum but an assembly of sheeps. That you should certainly not worry too much :?
PM
Chandernagore
Posted: December 13, 2003 08:55 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

Oh ohmy.gif Getu is running in the minefield laugh.gif

Mmm ... 7 days for that ? You're not kidding with Securitate stories I see.
PM
Alexandru H.
Posted: December 13, 2003 10:03 pm
Quote Post

Sergent major
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

They didn't joke with you, so why should you? sad.gif

Guys, I may not be the person for this task, but please try to reduce the trolling to the minimum. My favourite forums (in my sig) have 22,000 people and excellent moderators. In fact, even the hungarian-romanian clashes were reduced to minimum, after I arrived and took a neutral stance. It's not very hard to listen to "your enemy". Let's not throw all our trash in the middle of the forum and expect everyone to enjoy it. I fail to see what racism or genocide has to do with this forum. Yes, I have my own opinions on those matters, but I see no point in talking about them in a public fora, where certain people would mind and counterattack....

Again, I may cross some boundries, but electing moderators as you did with Geto-Dacu isn't a very good idea. My advice would be to elect them for their special talents and achievements (like Denes, which was the clear choice for the airforce section), seeing to have people who act as arbiters and not as players. Geto-Dacu, unfortunately, was clearly biased in one direction and couldn't play his moderator role to the fullest.

This community could be great without the emotional baggage everyone brings. Dr_V, for example, or C-2, try to maintain a good mood, encouraging new posters. PanzerKing, who is not a Romanian, is another fine example of a member who is worth keeping.
PMUsers Website
Dr_V
Posted: December 14, 2003 12:26 am
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 71

Hey guys, I don't post this to show-off, but I want to uderlign a few aspect about our moderators:

I think that the moderators are doing a pretty good job and that they are pretty patient, acting as rare as possible. I also did not seen any decision motivated by personal reasons or sympathys. I'm feeling free to express whatever I want on this forum and I was never afraid that I might be banned because my opinions are differend from the majoritys. I guess they try their best to keep the discussions away from politics, prozelithism and bad language. As for the rest, their interfearance is at minnimum.

I have one example that involves myself and ilistrates my opinion in this matter. If you read the posts on the topic "The post-WW2 and recent miltary -- [ Poll ] What fighter plane do you think Romania should use?" you'll see that my own personal oppinions are completely opposed to Victors. And as I'm stubbern like a mule, I think I've annoyed him quite a bit, thaugh that wasn't my goal. But with all that he took no action against me, even when I posted a really bad joke that wasn't very nice of me to say. To me this proves that they (Victor & Dragos) do not act against anyone just because they dislike him or his ideas, that they play this fair.

And I guess that Geto-Dacul is aware that he "jumped over the horse" a bit, as he is very virulent in sustaining his ideas. He's not a bad guy, just one at least as stubbern as I am and he ocasionaly gets too hot in the argument. I'm anctiously wayting his return.

Dr_V, for example, or C-2, try to maintain a good mood, encouraging new posters. PanzerKing, who is not a Romanian, is another fine example of a member who is worth keeping.

Alexandru, I thank you for your oppinion, but I believe I'm NOT any better than any other member on this forum. I too write some not so nice posts and I don't feel that I'm of any real use here. I'm only ejoying the conversation as long as the others will tolerate me.
PM
Geto-Dacul
Posted: December 19, 2003 11:52 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Dr_V wrote :

And I guess that Geto-Dacul is aware that he \"jumped over the horse\" a bit, as he is very virulent in sustaining his ideas. He's not a bad guy, just one at least as stubbern as I am and he ocasionaly gets too hot in the argument. I'm anctiously wayting his return.

I appreciate your justness, doctor. You were the most correct from all those who "judged" me. You have an ally.
:wink:

Best wishes,

Getu'
PMUsers Website
Dr_V
Posted: December 20, 2003 01:41 am
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 71

I wasn't looking for an ally Geto, it was only my impartial oppinion. Sincerely I don't share many of your oppinions and you occasionally annoy me as well with some of your posts. But variety is the key to a better understanding and I believe in the freedom of speech as long as you keep it in some common sense limits.

If my oppinion in this topic was somehow in your favor this doesn't mean that I'm not gonna contradict your future posts if I believe you're wrong. Also I don't seak for alliances, since here we're not at war with each other and I prefear to treat all the other members as equals to me and to each other, at least from the perspective of respecting everyone's oppinion and intelligence. My personal affinitys for some people won't be reflected in my posts in the debates and I reject the idea of grouping in opposing sides.
PM
Geto-Dacul
Posted: December 20, 2003 03:20 am
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Dr_V wrote :

Also I don't seak for alliances, since here we're not at war with each other and I prefear to treat all the other members as equals to me and to each other, at least from the perspective of respecting everyone's oppinion and intelligence.

It was more symbolical laugh.gif ...

Best regards,

Getu'
PMUsers Website
Chandernagore
Posted: December 20, 2003 07:34 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel
Group Icon

Hey, Geto welcome back, old fox ! I was dearly missing you and all those opportunities to slap each other's face. laugh.gif

They're right, you're not a bad guy, just a bit too passionate when it comes to defending hopeless ideas ha ha. Merry Christmas to you and all members !
PM
mabadesc
Posted: December 20, 2003 11:09 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 40

Getu - Salve! I didn't even know you were "out of order" for the last 7 days. I just found out.

So how was prison? Were you tortured in the basements of the Securitate (or was it the FBI?) I hope you didn't tell them anything... biggrin.gif

Welcome back!

The forum is much better with your enthusiasm (granted, at times misplaced).
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0391 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]