Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Help Finding Info on the TAA-85, Just need help finding information.
SovietTankDestroyer
Posted: March 30, 2016 11:16 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 3741

I'm researching the TAA-85 for a personal project of mine. If anyone can find a picture or at least some information on this tank, that would be great. This tank is very obscure. There is one picture of the TAA-85 but it's just a artist's concept. Plus, this tank is real because it was mentioned briefly in some Romanian books
The TAA-85 is a Romanian tank made in the 80's on a MLI-84 chassis which that was based off the BMP-1. It's armed with a 100mm Resita gun which that is mounted on the TR-580 and looks visually similar to the T-54/55's 100mm D-10T.
Here is the Romanian wiki article..
https://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tun_antitanc_...lsat_model_1985
This is what TAA means
Tun antitanc autopropulsat
If no one can, I'm going to have to plan a visit to the Romanian Ministry of Defense's archives to find out more info.
PMEmail Poster
Vici
Posted: April 10, 2016 06:18 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 2455

The TAA-85 was just a project, it was never built. That's why you will never find a photo of it, it existed only on paper. It wasn't designed as a tank, but as tank destroyer with no rotating turret - like a WW2 Sturmgeschütz
You will not find any concrete data about the vehicle itself in the Ministry of Defence archive, since it was never put into service. Sure, there were plans to produce it and equip units, you'll find it mentioned in several places, but that's all. If anything survived, than it would be the paper drawn project at Institute 111 (if that still exists today in some shape or form, I have no idea).
PM
SovietTankDestroyer
Posted: April 15, 2016 10:32 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3741

Do you have any sources I can take a look at?
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0281 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]