Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> New books at "Editura Militară"
MMM
  Posted: October 24, 2011 06:08 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2323

Military Publishing House - POLEMOS
Seems interesting, but I've got a question: Lorin Ioan Fortuna isn't the guy with "şerpilieni" and "vulturieni"? C'mon... blink.gif

This post has been edited by MMM on October 24, 2011 06:09 pm

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
MMM
Posted: October 25, 2011 04:39 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Funny: indeed, the professor seems to be "the Nutty Professor": Lorin Fortuna is only one (fortunately...):
"Tata lor" laugh.gif
What could he say so interesting for the military?

--------------------
M
Mircea87
Posted: February 18, 2012 11:50 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 2812

sorry to hijack the thread, but I need to ask: did anyone ordered a book online from Ed. Militara recently? How does it work? I registered, I ordered the book I wanted, but that's all. Not a single word about delivery or something like that. Awesome services, what can I say.
PMEmail Poster
ANDREAS
Posted: February 18, 2012 02:47 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2421

Mircea, do you talk about this year? I remember that in late autumn last year I ordered a book from them and it came in a week (in Arad where I live).
PMEmail PosterYahoo
muggs
Posted: February 18, 2012 02:48 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1499

Let me save you some trouble, you won't receive anything by ordering online. I even called and asked why the orders are not shipped, there's a total lack of interest on their side, i asked for the online order and they sent me to their shop at Cercul Militar, clearly the site was meant "sa fie" and that's that.
PMEmail Poster
Mircea87
Posted: February 19, 2012 08:42 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

QUOTE (ANDREAS @ February 18, 2012 02:47 pm)
Mircea, do you talk about this year? I remember that in late autumn last year I ordered a book from them and it came in a week (in Arad where I live).

There is not a single word on that website about delivery. Not even in the order I sent. I think maybe muggs is right.
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: February 19, 2012 10:36 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (muggs @ February 18, 2012 02:48 pm)
Let me save you some trouble, you won't receive anything by ordering online. I even called and asked why the orders are not shipped, there's a total lack of interest on their side, i asked for the online order and they sent me to their shop at Cercul Militar, clearly the site was meant "sa fie" and that's that.

I ordered online 1 year and a half or two years ago, I can't remember exactly when. A lady contacted me by phone and asked me if we could meet somewhere in Bucharest to give me the books in person, I think she didn't really want to go to the post office. I said I prefer to get them by post and I did. Maybe things have changed since then and they don't even have that lady to take care of the orders anymore.

This post has been edited by Imperialist on February 19, 2012 10:38 pm

--------------------
I
PM
muggs
Posted: February 19, 2012 11:42 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

I can only imagine...a meeting at a dark corner with a military lady officer..."Here are the books you ordered" you check the books she counts the money... biggrin.gif 007 material !
PMEmail Poster
Mircea87
Posted: February 24, 2012 12:17 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

The book (România în organizația Tratului de la Varșovia 1955-1991 by dr. Petre Opriș) arrived yesterday, I picked it up today at the post office.
PMEmail Poster
ANDREAS
Posted: February 24, 2012 05:27 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2421

Glad you obtain it, Mircea87!
I ordered it in the last autumn and I can say this is not a bad book, although it did not satisfied my thirst for informations smile.gif
PMEmail PosterYahoo
MMM
  Posted: September 10, 2012 07:02 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

QUOTE (muggs @ February 20, 2012 02:42 am)
I can only imagine...a meeting at a dark corner with a military lady officer..."Here are the books you ordered" you check the books she counts the money...  biggrin.gif 007 material !

Yeah... right!
Been there, done that! sad.gif
I happened to pass through Bucharest when an order should have ben dispatched and I "offered" to get the books myself, instead of having them mailed (another week or so, another "extra" money). So I finally found the "meeting place", after half a dozen calls - it was the one-and-only Headquarter of the Romanian Army (Statul-Major General), but not the main entrance - that one I knew from my sad experiences in the Archives... A backside alley to another military unit, and the lady (about 50, in a blue work-robe - I suppose she was working in the archives or something...) came after about 10-15 minutes of me waiting in front, at the Guard Office (a very self-assured Sergeant) and listening to what seemed to be some telephonic conversations between a Major and a high-ranked civilian (Gov't?); well, when that lady met me, the books weren't even put in a plastic ar paper cover and she didn't have change to give back to "poor" me (the order was something around 90 lei and I had 100...); counting the bus tickets from "Gara de Nord", the phone calls and the time lost (about two hours), my gain was slim-to-none! That was on April 4-th, 2011.
I also had some experiences in 2009, when after ordering the books, in two weeks' time, I phoned the Publishing house and confirmed the order to some guy who didn't seem exactly happy at the prospect of sending a package by post...
To conclude, the experience was NOT among the best with online bookshops - rather the worst...

This post has been edited by MMM on September 11, 2012 07:09 am

--------------------
M
muggs
Posted: September 11, 2012 05:21 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Hehehe thanks for your input...so my joke wasn't so far fetched...a sad state of affairs.
PMEmail Poster
ocoleanui
Posted: September 18, 2012 10:28 am
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 2121

Two very intersting books :

http://www.edituramilitara.ro/shopping/via...1-1943-248.htmlhttp://www.edituramilitara.ro/shopping/de-...t-quot-239.html

Good price and very ,very good books .

This post has been edited by ocoleanui on September 18, 2012 10:32 am
PMEmail Poster
MMM
Posted: September 18, 2012 07:00 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Got them, ocoleanui? Are the memories saying anything about the beginning of the war (june-july '41)?

--------------------
M
Florin
Posted: September 18, 2012 10:07 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (MMM @ September 10, 2012 02:02 pm)
... that lady met me, the books weren't even put in a plastic ar paper cover and she didn't have change to give back to "poor" me (the order was something around 90 lei and I had 100...); ...

She was supposed to have exchange available, but in the same time, as a person who's living in Romania and should be aware of situation, you should have ready the exact amount (that's the best option), or some currency allowing you to offer "100+x" and get exchange in "10" or "5" bill.
This prudent approach is useful for other countries as well.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0504 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]