Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Help needed for Crusade Medal
RedBaron
  Posted: March 09, 2011 12:35 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 2425

I am looking for some time to acquire an original (if possible) Crusade against Comm. Medal.

I found this medal on ebay, here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I know some of you have the knowledge to spot fake medals... or at least give a decent opinion on these items, hence I ask you kindly if you could tell me if this medal and clasp looks to be authentic.

My passion is ww2 and... I would love to have such a medal but I would really like to avoid being conned, if possible.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. One of my relatives fought and was wounded in Crimea.

regards
PMEmail Poster
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: March 09, 2011 02:06 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 770

As far as I am aware this item has not been faked, there exists two original models, one with the designer name:- "P GRANT) under the head on the front, and with a flat-sided ribbon ring and one the without the name under the female head., and a rounded ribbon ring.

Finding the medals is not problematic, to find one with ribbon in good condition is a little harder, but not has hard as obtaining the type with the battle-bars.

To my eyes the one in the link looks ok and might well be one of the hundreds awarded to German troops who fought in Crimea, I expect in the last few hours the price to go a lot higher.

Kevin in Deva. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
RedBaron
Posted: March 09, 2011 02:15 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Yes, I think I wont be able to get it... because I imagine the price will sky rocket or such... its damn shame, I cant get one the medals... like never...

What would one expect such an item to sell at? What price range do they sell at?

Thanks!

Baron from Timisoara smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
RedBaron
Posted: March 13, 2011 10:25 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

was it one of the forum users that won the item?

just curios... since I missed yet again such a medal... mad.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0287 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]