Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Who wrote "Treceti batalioane romane"
21 inf
Posted: January 13, 2011 10:32 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Well, I dont know much about many of the authors of the songs there, but for sure for Marsul lui Iancu is wrong. The author is not Timotei Popovici, but the lyrics are from a popular song about Dragos from Maramures, modified for the Marsul lui Iancu. The music is from Tancred of Rossini.

At least this http://ro.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timotei_Popovici Timotei Popovici has nothing to do with the writing of Marsul lui Iancu, which was singed in the very year of 1848 for the first time, one of the first promoters of this song being tribun Nicolae Bengescu in 1848, who adapted the text of Marsul lui Dragos to be Marsul lui Iancu. Bengescu is the "father" of Marsului lui Iancu lyrics.

This post has been edited by 21 inf on January 13, 2011 10:39 pm
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
contras
Posted: February 13, 2011 12:13 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Group: Members
Member No.: 2693

Treceti Batalioanele Romane Carpatii was written by Victor Socaciu in the eighties.

I found one passage in gen ® Ion A. Şuţa memories, in one book made by Romanian War Veterans National Asociation (Asociatia Nationala a Veteranilor de Razboi) about veterans memories about ww2, "Veteranii pe drumul onoarei si jertfei. Spre cetatile de la Nistru", Bucuresti, ed. Vasile Carlova, 1996.
He pointed that he was in 22 June 1941 at Bucarest, student at Infantery Officers School from Sibiu, detached to Bucarest.At 22 June, when the war started, population from Bucarest manifested on streets, military units marched in the centre. Soldiers sang patriotic marches indicated by commanding officers, among them "Eroi au fost" and "Treceti batalioane Carpatii
So, this song, Treceti batalioane Carpatii, was written before 22 June 1940.
PMEmail Poster
contras
Posted: February 13, 2011 12:17 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 2693

This is written at page 118 in the book mentioned above.
And the name is general corp de armata (rez) Ion A. Şuţa.
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: February 13, 2011 12:47 pm
Quote Post

Treceţi batalioane române, Carpaţii was for sure existing BEFORE ww1 and was sung in ww1. The main mistery is who wrote the lirics and the music of it.
chisi
Posted: February 20, 2011 07:28 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 429

I am afraid that the music of "Treceti batalioane romane Carpatii" is NOT romanian, not composed by Socaciu. It was "borrowed" from the polish Army.

They have a march called "Szara piechota"...
Listen and share opinions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t815V9viQeU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsI2x2CorOc

PMEmail Poster
MRX
Posted: February 20, 2011 08:06 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 1851

Polish army before 1916??? wink.gif smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: February 20, 2011 08:25 pm
Quote Post

QUOTE (chisi @ February 20, 2011 09:28 pm)
I am afraid that the music of "Treceti batalioane romane Carpatii" is NOT romanian, not composed by Socaciu. It was "borrowed" from the polish Army.

They have a march called "Szara piechota"...
Listen and share opinions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t815V9viQeU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsI2x2CorOc

Well, FOR SURE was not written by Socaciu, that was just a unfounded opinion.

As about the polish military march, in 1916 indeed there was no polish army, and after all, hearing the music od it, it resembling just partially with Treceti batalioane. I am not an expert, but I think it is not borrowed from poles. Bulgarians has also a similar song with Treceti batalioane, but I dont know it's name. It resembles more with Treceti batalioane than the polish march, but I dont know if the bulgarian song influenced the romanian one or viceversa.
MRX
Posted: February 20, 2011 08:32 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 1851

"Ca nume de rezonanţă şi legate de evoluţia fanfarelor militare din Banat şi din ţară se înscriu şi compozitorii Gavriil Musicescu, Ion Vidu şi Iosif Romulus Botto. Cel din urmă este unul dintre organizatorii a peste 30 de coruri şi fanfare din Banat şi Transilvania. Cu gradul de sublocotenent, el a condus formaţii de referinţă din Arad şi Oradea. Este compozitorul celebrului marş „Treceţi, batalioane române, Carpaţii!””

from here:

http://www.agenda.ro/news/news/6960/sport.html

This post has been edited by MRX on February 20, 2011 08:35 pm
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: February 20, 2011 08:52 pm
Quote Post

From the pointed link: "...Eduard Hübsch, părintele muzicii militare româneşti, compozitorul primului imn naţional, cântat vreme de 85 de ani..." About what national hymn it is about? Royalist Hymn?

Iosif Romulus Botto seems to be born in Bihor in 2nd november 1904. If this is true, he couldnt compose Treceţi batalioane... because he was too young in 1916 and the song already existed and was well known.

This post has been edited by 21 inf on February 20, 2011 08:56 pm
bansaraba
Posted: February 20, 2011 11:01 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 2196

Hubsch composed in 1862 the „Marş triumfal şi primirea steagului şi a Măriei-Sale Prinţul Domnitor", and it was chosen as the national anthem. In 1884 Vasile Alecsandri wrote the lyrics of "Trăiască Regele", for Hubsch's music.
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: February 21, 2011 03:54 am
Quote Post

QUOTE (bansaraba @ February 21, 2011 01:01 am)
Hubsch composed in 1862 the „Marş triumfal şi primirea steagului şi a Măriei-Sale Prinţul Domnitor", and it was chosen as the national anthem. In 1884 Vasile Alecsandri wrote the lyrics of "Trăiască Regele", for Hubsch's music.

Thanks!
Radub
Posted: February 21, 2011 09:26 am
Quote Post

Member No.: 476

Chisi made a very valid point!
I asked one of my Polish friends about this song. The name translates as "Grey Infantry" and apparently it is based on an old Polish traditional song.
Radu
cainele_franctiror
Posted: February 21, 2011 10:37 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 334

A folk musician told me once that is an old russian song... and, he added: ,,it's sound so russian!''
PM
21 inf
Posted: February 21, 2011 07:21 pm
Quote Post

Actually, the polish song resembles just partially with our song, not totally. This doesnt exclude the posibility to inspire the romanian song, but have to be proven, which it doesnt. Might be only a coincidence.

Same about the alleged russian folk song, which no person from this forum listened yet. "Sounding like russian" is not a proof it is russian and it is not a professional opinion.

In both cases, until now, are only presumptions, no certain link to romanian patriotic song, yet, if one ever existed. Until then, the matter is still open.
cainele_franctiror
Posted: February 21, 2011 07:51 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 334

Of course, but it is just an ideea. Perhaps some of us have a Russian frient and ask him for help...
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1499 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]