Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Gruesome photos of the Battle of Stalingrad, Germans, Romanians, Horses..cold & stiff
Anton88
Posted: March 18, 2010 01:30 am
Quote Post

Soldat
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2762

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

AFTER THE BATTLE OF STALINGRAD

Hundreds of thousands of German invaders' dead bodies
strewed the endless fields around the city of Stalingrad
after the fierce many-day-long fightings had ended there

THE BLOODCURDLING SIGHTS WERE
EVERYWHERE FOR FIVESCORE MILES AROUND
WITHOUT END UP TO THE DISTANT HORIZON

This post has been edited by Anton88 on March 18, 2010 01:39 am
PMEmail Poster
Anton88
Posted: March 18, 2010 01:34 am
Quote Post

Soldat
Group Icon

user posted image
This is Interesting here: I quote from the source:

THE BATTLE OF STALINGRAD LEFT ALSO
THOUSANDS OF HOOVES AND HORSESHOES

Starving German soldiery devoured all the horses
that the Huns had taken by force from their allies:
the Romanians, having marooned the latter to die first

user posted image

AFTER THE BATTLE OF STALINGRAD

This is all what remained of the Romanian cavalry:
thousands of saddles, hooves and horseshoes
and almost nothing more . . .

user posted image

The Large free-standing monument at Stalingrad on the hill where alot of the fighting took place

user posted image

The Battle of Stalingrad began on 17th July 1942 and ended on 2nd February 1943.

German losses at Stalingrad were staggering. The Sixth Army, under the command of Field Marshal Friedrich Paulus, began its campaign with 600,000 German Wehrmacht soldiers. There were also a great many of their allied troops: Italians, Romanians, Hungarians, Slovaks and Croats. Thus the total was about 800,000 invaders fighting at Stalingrad against us.

On 31st January 1943 German Field Marshal Paulus surrendered. On 2nd February the last of his remaining 91,000 troops turned themselves over to the Soviets. Of them only about 5 or 6 thousand returned home after the war.
    Why so few?
    In this regard, the mentioned above New-York-based historian, T. Kunikov, writes the following:

"I would like to add that a good amount of those [German soldiers in Russian captivity] that died would have to include those soldiers taken at Stalingrad, their condition prevented the Red Army and Soviet Union from being able to save a large amount of them since they were malnourished and practically dying as they went into captivity."

Source: Kunikov Blog

I emphasize: When the Red Army captured those 91,000 of German soldiers under Paulus command, they had been already MALNOURISHED and practically DYING owing to the Hitler's order not to surrender.

After the battle, the Soviets recovered 250,000 German, Romanian, and other corpses in and around Stalingrad. The TOTAL Axis losses (Germans, Romanians, Italians, Hungarians, Slovaks and Croats together) during the Stalingrad Battle were estimated to be more than 800,000 dead.

http://www.great-victory1945.ru/

* I had always known that the Russian casualties at Stalingrad were greater then the German ones.. (as usual everywhere except in the 1944 summer offensive that destroyed army group center)
* They were so severe and high, that they were kept secret, (the real number) until the breakup of the soviet union.
(the same with the casualties at Kursk.. 250,000 dead, 600,000 wounded, and 60% of Russia's tanks..destroyed) The true number was revealed after the fall of the USSR

I'm talking about the casualties in the overall battle, around the city, and everywhere else, not just the house to house...

And from what I've been hearing at least 1 million people (combined) died in the Battle of Staingrad, perhaps more...very likely.
Then how come the combined German, Romanian, Hungarian, Croat, Slovak,Italian.(AXIS) losses are 800,000 if the Russians lost more.?

This post has been edited by Anton88 on March 18, 2010 02:02 am
PMEmail Poster
Anton88
Posted: March 18, 2010 02:24 am
Quote Post

Soldat
Group Icon

Surviving families living in a ground hole after the Battle, color photo from the Spring/Early Summer of 1943

user posted image

This post has been edited by Anton88 on March 18, 2010 02:29 am
PMEmail Poster
dragos
Posted: March 18, 2010 08:56 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

What exactly is the point of this thread? We all know that Stalingrad was a bloody battle.

And from what I've been hearing at least 1 million people (combined) died in the Battle of Staingrad, perhaps more...very likely.
Then how come the combined German, Romanian, Hungarian, Croat, Slovak,Italian.(AXIS) losses are 800,000 if the Russians lost more.?

Here are various casualties estimation for the Battle of Stalingrad:
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/battles.htm

Do you have a source for this statement?

Also mention the source of the photographs according to forum rules.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Anton88
Posted: March 18, 2010 02:22 pm
Quote Post

Soldat
Group Icon

QUOTE (dragos @ March 18, 2010 08:56 am)
What exactly is the point of this thread? We all know that Stalingrad was a bloody battle.

Here are various casualties estimation for the Battle of Stalingrad:
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/battles.htm

Do you have a source for this statement?

Also mention the source of the photographs according to forum rules.

The source I already posted.. its right there at the bottom.. before the last paragraph..
( http://www.great-victory1945.ru/ ), for both photos and text/quotes

* I would really like to know if the Germans took the Romanian horses by force and ate them... as claimed there

thanks!
PMEmail Poster
dragos
Posted: March 18, 2010 06:40 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Anton88 @ March 18, 2010 04:22 pm)
* I would really like to know if the Germans took the Romanian horses by force and ate them... as claimed there

thanks!

According to "Romanii la Stalingrad" by Adrian Pandea, Ion Pavelescu, Eftimie Ardeleanu, Military Publishing House - 1992, the 1st Cavalry Division shared all their materiel including horses, carts etc with 15 German divisions, by the order of General Tataranu, comander of 20th Infantry Division. 27 horses were kept by the Romanian division at Gonceara.

Until the end, the Romanian troops in the encirclement were treated the same as the common German soldier, they received the same amount of ammunition and the same food rations.

The source I already posted.. its right there at the bottom.. before the last paragraph..
( http://www.great-victory1945.ru/ ), for both photos and text/quotes

The website you use as a source is so full of bullshit and propaganda that it does worth a visit for a good laugh, nothing more.

This post has been edited by dragos on March 18, 2010 08:59 pm
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
guina
Posted: March 18, 2010 07:21 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Group: Members
Member No.: 1393

Remember ' Governor of Alaska " ?
PMEmail Poster
Anton88
Posted: March 18, 2010 09:55 pm
Quote Post

Soldat
Group Icon

QUOTE (dragos @ March 18, 2010 06:40 pm)

The website you use as a source is so full of bullshit and propaganda that it does worth a visit for a good laugh, nothing more.

Yeah... I know..

Apart from our white skin, praise God, we have nothing else in common with the Germans. We are not Europeans at all. Glory to God – we are Russians!

We Russians cannot feel angered for a long time, we cannot nurse rancour against our enemies too long, after the hostilities are over.

Which is why the photo above that features a Russian soldier giving tobacco and a light to the just captured Germans – is absolutely a common pattern of normal Russian behaviour.

If a Russian has not managed to kill the enemy in the heat of the battle or immediately after, he would cool down quickly and in a short while he can easily shift even to the making friends with his just defeated foe.

dry.gif

This post has been edited by Anton88 on March 18, 2010 09:56 pm
PMEmail Poster
Anton88
Posted: March 19, 2010 07:17 pm
Quote Post

Soldat
Group Icon

According to "Romanii la Stalingrad" by Adrian Pandea, Ion Pavelescu, Eftimie Ardeleanu, Military Publishing House - 1992, the 1st Cavalry Division shared all their materiel including horses, carts etc with 15 German divisions, by the order of General Tataranu, comander of 20th Infantry Division. 27 horses were kept by the Romanian division at Gonceara.

Until the end, the Romanian troops in the encirclement were treated the same as the common German soldier, they received the same amount of ammunition and the same food rations.

I taught Romulus DIMITRIU commanded the Romanian 20th Infantry Division

He is the one seen in soviet newsreels together with captured German officers, at Stalingrad

user posted image

http://www.generals.dk/general/Dimitriu/Romulus/Romania.html

This post has been edited by Anton88 on March 19, 2010 07:18 pm
PMEmail Poster
dragos
Posted: March 19, 2010 07:44 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

General Tataranu flew out of Stalingrad pocket. Dimitriu succeeded him in command.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Hadrian
Posted: March 21, 2010 11:31 am
Quote Post

Sergent major

Member No.: 875

Any pictures with dead russians?
PMEmail Poster
C-2
Posted: March 21, 2010 06:07 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

No russians died....
PMUsers Website
Valium
Posted: April 14, 2011 11:11 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 3047

QUOTE (C-2 @ March 21, 2010 09:07 pm)
No russians died....

is irelevant for the initial purpose wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Florin
Posted: April 14, 2011 03:25 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Member No.: 17

QUOTE (C-2 @ March 21, 2010 01:07 pm)
No russians died....

In the 1950's, when we were all hugs and kisses with the grand friend from the East, a Soviet movie came to the theaters, and according to the title, it was supposed to show the fights in Crimea.

Well, of course my grandfather was curious to see the places and landscapes of Crimea again. So he bought the ticket and went to the movie. After the movie started, he got so upset that he left the projection room after some time.
Something funny: in addition to the immortal Russians who seemed immune to bullets during fights, while the Axis guys were falling like rain droplets, another thing that annoyed my grandfather was that the movie was not filmed in Crimea at all. I feel is funny because actually is a very common practice, and we should be surprised and pleased when a movie is cast in the actual historic location.

This post has been edited by Florin on April 14, 2011 03:34 pm
PM
Petre
Posted: August 28, 2014 09:16 am
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2434

From the book "Russia At War, 1941-1945" of Alexander Werth (born russian, war corespondent of BBC...), chapter "Stalingrad. The Agony" (found it in russian)
CODE
De la mijlocul lui decembrie soldaţii au început să mănânce caii rămaşi de la divizia română de cavalerie.
( … )
În ziua următoare gazetele sovietice au pus primele fotografii cu scena capitulării: un şir negru lung de prizonieri germani care se întinde pe gheaţa peste Volga; Paulus, cu o faţă foarte preocupată, stând la o masă într-o cameră mică, lângă anchetatorii săi generali Rokossovsky şi Voronov şi tînărul traducător maior Diatlenko; un grup de generali prizonieri, în picioare, în mijlocul câmpului acoperit de zăpadă; într-o parte, generalul Dimitriu, cu o căciulă înaltă de blană, stă încruntat şi aproape cu spatele la germani. Avea el clar un dinte contra nemţilor – în urmă cu 12 zile ei i-au lăsat pe români fără raţiile de hrană pe care le primeau…

This post has been edited by Petre on August 28, 2014 09:19 am
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.1586 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]