Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (15) « First ... 12 13 [14] 15   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Regimental badges of the Romanian army
Claudiu1988
Posted: June 18, 2008 06:22 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Group: Members
Member No.: 398

QUOTE (b737 @ June 18, 2008 05:42 pm)
It seems to be the badge(copy) from the 2-nd Bombardment Flotilla,before they have recived the Aeronautical Virtue Order!

Flotila II Bombardament - 2nd Bomber Flotilla

user posted image
Source: Romanian Air Force Badges by George-Paul Sandachi

I don't understand, do you say it's a copy. Mine it's missing the Aeronautical Virtue Order. It's an original piece I have it from a frined whose uncle was an airforce mecanic in ww2.
PMEmail Poster
b737
Posted: June 19, 2008 09:30 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 390

Sorry,but from my point of wiew it is a copy! Maybe an old one but it is a copy! The leafs and the wreath are not clear,the manufacturing is rude and the needle is atypical for a regimental badge!
Don't forget that the regimental badges(as i know) have been awarded to officers ! Your friend's uncle was a mechanic that means ... there is a 90% probability that he was not an officer(ask your friend)!
It is possible that the members of this regiment/unit, have made copies from the original badge for themselves.
You can compare the dimensions from your badge with an original one, for example with the badge from the Aeronautical or Military Museum in Bucharest! You can try to contact them , maybe they can help you.
It would be interesting to know their opinion.

This post has been edited by b737 on June 19, 2008 09:33 am
PMEmail Poster
Claudiu1988
Posted: June 19, 2008 12:30 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

QUOTE (b737 @ June 19, 2008 09:30 am)
Sorry,but from my point of wiew it is a copy! Maybe an old one but it is a copy! The leafs and the wreath are not clear,the manufacturing is rude and the needle is atypical for a regimental badge!
Don't forget that the regimental badges(as i know) have been awarded to officers ! Your friend's uncle was a mechanic that means ... there is a 90% probability that he was not an officer(ask your friend)!
It is possible that the members of this regiment/unit, have made copies from the original badge for themselves.
You can compare the dimensions from your badge with an original one, for example with the badge from the Aeronautical or Military Museum in Bucharest! You can try to contact them , maybe they can help you.
It would be interesting to know their opinion.

I understand, I have sent an email to the MMN but the email comes back, do you know an other email address beside directoru@muzeulmilitar.ro because this one doesn't work.
PMEmail Poster
b737
Posted: June 19, 2008 01:12 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

The correct email address is director@.... not directoru@....
Here are the contact informations:
http://www.muzeulmilitar.ro/contact/contact.html
http://www.roaf.ro/ro/muzeu.php

You can try also to call them.
PMEmail Poster
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: June 19, 2008 05:01 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Member No.: 198

It seems to be the badge(copy) from the 2-nd Bombardment Flotilla,before they have recived the Aeronautical Virtue Order!

user posted image

I do not beleive that this badge is a copy. I have several WW2 Air Force badges of the same construction, sand cast. They also have the same pins with the rib design on them. All show wear and age to them and are of the period. I beleive that they were crudely made out in the field using the sand cast method of making molds and from metals found from melting down bullits and coins. Silver, nickle, brass and copper. Some of my badges were also veteran aquired. If they did not have the age, wear and provinance history of were and from whom they were aquired from, I too would say that they were fake badges. Last year, I came across a General Staff Acadamy badge that was also sand cast and made out in the field during WW2. Collectors are too use to seeing quality pieces made from jewlers and from the National Mint that they often look at cruder war time made pieces as being fake.
PMYahooMSN
Claudiu1988
Posted: June 19, 2008 05:46 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

QUOTE (REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR @ June 19, 2008 05:01 pm)

user posted image

I do not beleive that this badge is a copy. I have several WW2 Air Force badges of the same construction, sand cast. They also have the same pins with the rib design on them. All show wear and age to them and are of the period. I beleive that they were crudely made out in the field using the sand cast method of making molds and from metals found from melting down bullits and coins. Silver, nickle, brass and copper. Some of my badges were also veteran aquired. If they did not have the age, wear and provinance history of were and from whom they were aquired from, I too would say that they were fake badges. Last year, I came across a General Staff Acadamy badge that was also sand cast and made out in the field during WW2. Collectors are too use to seeing quality pieces made from jewlers and from the National Mint that they often look at cruder war time made pieces as being fake.

Thanks for the help.
PMEmail Poster
b737
Posted: June 19, 2008 08:07 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

@ claudiu1988 : In your opinion , "help" means only positive critique??
PMEmail Poster
Claudiu1988
Posted: June 19, 2008 08:24 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

QUOTE (b737 @ June 19, 2008 08:07 pm)
@ claudiu1988 : In your opinion , "help" means only positive critique??

No not at all, but I have to thank you because you helped me, I didn't know nothing about the badge but with your help I learned a lot. I also sent a message to the aircraft museum as you mentioned to get more info. What do you want me to say???? unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster
b737
Posted: June 19, 2008 08:52 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

I know that it is a bad feeling if somebody tells you that your badge is a copy!
In our activity as collectors we must face very often such situations.I think that the most of us have bought more than once a fake!
I had the feeling that you wanted to here only positeve feedback regarding your badge.
No offence!
PMEmail Poster
Claudiu1988
Posted: June 19, 2008 09:10 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

QUOTE (b737 @ June 19, 2008 08:52 pm)
I know that it is a bad feeling if somebody tells you that your badge is a copy!
In our activity as collectors we must face very often such situations.I think that the most of us have bought more than once a fake!
I had the feeling that you wanted to here only positeve feedback regarding your badge.
No offence!

No problem, I know that feeling tongue.gif I tried it for several times. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: September 02, 2008 06:30 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Member No.: 198

A new find for me. This is a badge I have not seen before.
2nd Obuziere Munte Artillery Regiment from Gherla, formed 1.7.1923 and disbanded in 1937.

user posted image
PMYahooMSN
boonicootza
Posted: September 02, 2008 06:31 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier adjutant

Member No.: 135

Great looking badge!
Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
~
PMEmail PosterYahoo
horia
Posted: December 07, 2008 12:00 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 529

romanian or franch? authentic or replic? thank you!
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Alexei2102
Posted: December 07, 2008 09:37 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 888

QUOTE (horia @ December 07, 2008 12:00 pm)
romanian or franch? authentic or replic? thank you!
user posted image

Looks like a cast copy.
PMEmail Poster
horia
Posted: December 07, 2008 10:25 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 529

the original badges are also cast.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (15) « First ... 12 13 [14] 15  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0677 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]