Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanian army and Wehrmacht, 1-st elements of Wehrmacht in Ro.
MMM
Posted: June 18, 2009 06:48 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2323

Well, actually it wasn't. The line was more to the north... In the "zone" were Tg. Mureş, Odorhei, Sf. Gheorghe, but left to us were Turda, Sighişoara etc.
I've just looked at a map from "Istoria Militară a Poporului Român", vol. VI, p. 348.
From the buildings' look, the picture can be in any of them. I guess we should find a really old man from Sibiu or Sighişoara and ask him if the pic's from his town... smile.gif

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
dragos
Posted: June 18, 2009 08:05 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Sorry, my bad, it's Sighisoara

user posted image
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
MMM
Posted: June 18, 2009 10:17 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

This is not such a big problem, because the German troops did NOT stand still - it was part of their "tactics" to change quarters and to move from a locality to another, in order to appear more numerous than they really were...

--------------------
M
SATHOR
Posted: June 25, 2009 12:15 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 1501

QUOTE (dragos @ June 17, 2009 09:35 pm)
Here is a picture of 16th Panzer Division in Sibiu (Panzers III in foreground, Panzers II and IV in background?)
http://www.cartula.ro/forum/Concurs-organi...-IST-t5405.html

hi.this picture was taken in Sighisoara, today is a small park instead of tank's smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
MMM
  Posted: June 25, 2009 02:17 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Hi! Post a picture with the park, then... tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
M
dragos
Posted: June 25, 2009 02:21 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The picture I have posted is from the same location and direction, just closer to the clock tower, approximately from the location of the last line of tanks.
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
21 inf
Posted: June 25, 2009 05:10 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Dragos is right, it is the same location, but closer to the tower.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Ferdinand
Posted: June 26, 2009 07:16 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 1486

the ww2 picture with tanks, is taken in the center of Sighisoara(not the old center -citadel)..i was there last week at a bank. also is a good resturant in the corner.

gruss
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
halftrack
Posted: April 09, 2010 01:16 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 2781

Being new to this and somewhat behind the times .... what type of tanks are those? and does anyone know if they were the same as what was used in the confilagration in '44 against the Russians at Targul Frumos? both battles and what became of their armor in Aug when they became allied with the US/RKKA/ etc ? I will keep searching previous posts as well, thank you for any insight to this " forgotten " battle....

PMEmail Poster
Petre
Posted: July 20, 2010 08:15 pm
Quote Post

Locotenent colonel

Member No.: 2434

From a Russian text :
On Feb.12 1941 Romania severed the relations with Great Britain, the diplomats left the country. In March, in Romania and Bulgaria brought from Germany coastal defense guns, and in Romania, in addition, 2000 sea mines. In March arrived Deutschen Marinemission Rumanien (Naval Mission), headed by VAm.F.W.Fleisher and Deutsches Marinelehrkommando Rumanien (Training Naval Command) headed by Kpt.z.S. H.J.Gadow.
The deployment of German forces took place on the background of numerous reports of foreign news agencies about the pressures imposed by the Soviet Black Sea fleet in Romania. Soviet representatives actively refuted these rumors...
The closer was the war, the Germans and their allies became more active. In May, Romania evacuates institutions of Sulina, Tulcea, Galati. At the same time was reported at Moscow that recently, in the area of Sevastopol have been seen unknown submarines. The conclusion was the navy base was under the surveillance of romanian submarines.
The Germans at the Black Sea on 22.06.1941 possess one ship. In Braila was a separate detachement of the german Donauflotille, which consisted of steam tugboat «Bechlaren» and the flotille of river mine sweepers type RR and MR, and 2 barges.
At the beginning of the hostilities were brought from Antwerp to Constanta about 50 landing barges type Siebel (SiebelFahre) various modifications, in some groups :
Transportfahren 13 17 18 19 20 24,
Minenraumfahren 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 16,
Kampfahren 2, 6, 21.34.

And from a german text :
On 20 Jun.1941 the Donauflottille lay in the Romanian harbour Braila and aboard Romanian monitor "Bucovina" a discussion about the cooperation took place.

This post has been edited by Petre on July 21, 2010 07:34 am
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: July 21, 2010 06:54 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Petre @ July 20, 2010 08:15 pm)
From a Russian text :
On Feb.12 1941 Romania severed the relations with Great Britain, the diplomats left the country.

Great Britain severed diplomatic relations with Romania on February 10.

--------------------
I
PM
Agarici
Posted: July 27, 2010 09:03 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 522

QUOTE (MMM @ January 17, 2009 06:18 pm)
What was the general attitude in the Romanian army at the arrival of the first "training troops" of Wehrmacht in Romania, in october 1940? I mean, after decades of alliance with France and England...

A very interesting source, dealing also quite extensively with this subject, is Rebeliunea legionară în documente străine (germane, maghiare, franceze) by the young historians Ana-Maria Stan and Ottmar Traşcă. One of the original documents presented in the book, compiled by German military intelligence, was actually describing the assessed professional competence and the attitude towards Germany (but also France and UK), and towards the Iron Guard and the German army of several Romanian army generals and superior officers in the end of 1940. Its style is partly (somehow) naïve and hilarious; for example about a certain Romanian colonel it was mentioned that “he is fiercely anti-German, he hates the Germans” the fact being exemplified by the fact that “he gave the Fuhrer’s name to his dog”.

I'll get back with some excerpts when/if I have time.
PMEmail Poster
C-2
Posted: July 31, 2010 09:00 am
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Yestaerday I red in "Adevarul" an article writen by Adrian NAtase who was claiming that is father ,with 2 canons and 32 workers kept Brasov safe from German troops.
Sounds like a bullshit to me.
PMUsers Website
guina
Posted: July 31, 2010 05:34 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 1393

Not complectly.I heard this story from his late father in early seventies and he had documents to prove it.Before 89( if I'm not wrong),there was a book about it ,called,if my memory is not failing me " Bateria albastra "
PMEmail Poster
C-2
Posted: July 31, 2010 06:34 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Like you wrote :"before 89".
MAny lies and stories were invented.
We are talking about the Wermacht ,and not about a bunch of kids from school.
How can someone imagine,that with 32 worker (not even recruits) and some trainig canons (must be a low caliber and with a low rate of fire) they stopped the germans from entering Brasov.
The fact that he told you that ,it doesn;t make it true.
And the fact that he got "documents" it doesn't make it credible either.
More it sounds more stupid and unrealistic.
PMUsers Website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0526 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]