Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (2) 1 [2]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Transylvanian volunteers in romanian army, Corpul voluntarilor ardeleni
21 inf
Posted: January 10, 2010 08:59 am
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Retired
Member No.: 1232

Simion Ghisa is said at the begining of his book, by a anonimous person, that he was from Salaj. At the end of his book he says that he returned in Apuseni Mountains, in the middle of his Moţi people (page 279).

The anonimous biographer of S. Ghisa posible made a mistake mentioning that he was from Salaj, people from that county are not Moţi. I asked to the editor to bring light in this matter.

Elie Bufnea's books are full of tipo mistakes as if the book was printed in hurry. I also signaled this to the editor.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
contras
Posted: January 10, 2010 07:52 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Group: Members
Member No.: 2693

I'm glad and I hope you liked this books. I can't find anithing more, exept the book of Ioan Serban, about this campaign.
About tipo mistakes, I read it a hurry, because it looks to me so interesting, maybe they are mistakes. About Simion Ghisa, I don't know a thing, he apears only by name in Ioan Serban book.
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: January 11, 2010 05:36 am
Quote Post

There are some more books written in 1920's by the former traylvanian volunteers, especially by those form 2nd Corp from Siberia. One of this books i consulted at Bibilioteca Universitatii Cluj-Napoca and if i rem well, it is written by Elie Bufnea, describing his service in AH army and the captivity at the russians.
contras
Posted: January 11, 2010 12:50 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Do you remember the title of this book? Or anything else about it?
PMEmail Poster
21 inf
Posted: January 11, 2010 03:18 pm
Quote Post

I dont rem from memory, but I have to look were a writed down the name of the book. It is a book from 1920 and some.
contras
Posted: January 11, 2010 08:52 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Please, do it, i'm very interested, to know much about the destiny of a Romanian true soldier. Thank you, and I wait a response, you can put it on PM.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0688 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]