Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> List of officers involved in plot of Aug. 23, 1944, positions before and after event
MMM
Posted: April 24, 2009 01:35 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2323

They lack the human touch.

Jeez, man! Have you ever heard about the necessity for a historian to be OBJECTIVE! What do you think it means? Look at some other oppinions on this forum - and even on this thread!
As for the "bad joke" of the patriotic forces stuff, so it was! Unfortunately, a 42-years-long bad joke (if we count from 31.12.1947 til 22.12.1989)! Some of us who didn't know more than what was taught at school really believed that bad joke about communist heroes and other lies! I mean, except the few surviving direct witnesses or participants (as many ended in prisons such as Aiud and Gherla) and those in their "circles", the large masses in the seventies and eighties believed what was served to them - after all, let's not forget that 23 august was our national holiday!
PS: sorry to revive an old (dead?) thread, but I couldn't help myself. wink.gif

--------------------
M
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.2047 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]