Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> ARR or FARR or ... both ??
MaxFax
Posted: June 29, 2003 05:16 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

I have met both variants in several books or articles in magazines. I have asked several persons and the answers were not concludent ! What is printed in the officials documents ? Which was the correct name ??
PM
Dénes
Posted: June 29, 2003 06:58 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I've studied thousands of original documents related to the (Royal) Rumanian Air Force and found none that would explicitely say: 'Fortele Aeriene Regale Române' (FARR).
What I've found instead is Aeronautica (Regala) Româna. That's why I introduced in my 'Rumanian Air Force, The Prime Decade (1938-1947)' book, printed in 1999, the term Aeronautica Regala Româna (ARR), for the first time.
Nevertheless, most Rumanian authors still continue to use FARR, possibly for convenience. They don't appear to revert to ARR for some particular reason...
I must compliment Victor, however, who is one of the few Rumanian researchers who reverted to the ARR acronym.

Dénes

P.S. By the way, FARR was the abbreviation of Federatia Aeronautica Regala Româna
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
MaxFax
Posted: June 29, 2003 07:07 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier

Thank you Denes !

Cristian
PM
MaxFax
Posted: July 05, 2003 07:16 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Here I come again and I'm aking you Denes: was it "(Royal) Rumanian Air Force" with or without the word "(Royal)" ?
Maybe the correct form is "Fortele Aeriene Romane" (Rumanian Air Force) aka FAR ??
PM
MaxFax
Posted: July 05, 2003 07:21 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Here I come again and I'm asking you Denes, was it
[/quote] with or without the word "Royal" ?
Maybe it was simply Fortele Aeriene Romane and the "FAR" form is better ??
PM
Dénes
Posted: July 05, 2003 03:04 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

As mentioned, the complete official title was Aeronautica Regala Româna (ARR), or Royal Rumanian Air Force. Often, documents use only a shorter form, like Aeronautica Româna, or simply Aeronautica.
I never saw the form Fortele Aeriene Romane mentioned.

Dénes
misko
Posted: October 10, 2003 02:10 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 118

Ive started recently writing small text about IAR-80 and most of the sources that I have on hand (either Rumanian books/magazines or English pulications (except this site, Denes' work and few more places on net) have it as FARR! And Ive accepted it as probable so I have used it in the text as such sad.gif Seems I will have to change things now smile.gif
Thanks Denes for opening my eyes smile.gif
PMMSN
Dénes
Posted: December 19, 2004 08:48 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Yet another proof that F.A.R.R. was not the proper acronym for the Royal Rumanian Air Force, despite what has been written so far in Rumanian aviation literature.

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on December 19, 2004 08:59 pm

Attached Image
Attached Image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0349 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]