Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Help!, ...
b737
Posted: October 21, 2009 08:42 am
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Group: Members
Member No.: 390

In fact it is "GS A" - grupa sanguina A - blood group A
PMEmail Poster
Hummel
Posted: May 18, 2010 09:55 am
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 435

Could someone translate?
Thank you
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteICQ
Hummel
Posted: May 18, 2010 07:01 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Nobody knows the Romanian?
C-2
Posted: May 18, 2010 08:12 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

It's hard to understand.
I'll ask my wife to try .
PMUsers Website
Dénes
Posted: May 19, 2010 05:35 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I don't see the point in reading a soldier's private letters to friends and family, which were not intended for publicity.

Gen. Dénes
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Hummel
Posted: May 19, 2010 11:21 am
Quote Post

Caporal

QUOTE (Dénes @ May 19, 2010 05:35 am)
I don't see the point in reading a soldier's private letters to friends and family, which were not intended for publicity.

Gen. Dénes

You did not read it too?
Alexei2102
Posted: May 19, 2010 11:59 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 888

What Denes was politely trying to explain is the fact that nobody is willing to compile a lenghty translation for a text that is firstly a private one, and secondly, with no interest in military research whatsoever.

Just my 02 cents on the matter,

Al
PMEmail Poster
Dénes
Posted: May 19, 2010 12:09 pm
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Hummel @ May 19, 2010 05:21 pm)
You did not read it too?

No, I did not.
And Alexei is right.

Gen. Dénes
C-2
Posted: May 19, 2010 06:13 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

I tried to read but like Denes said,it's a private letter and the contain is hard to read and doen't give us any useful data.
Even with a prof. translation we will not understand much.
PMUsers Website
Ferdinand
Posted: June 26, 2010 03:29 pm
Quote Post

Maior

Member No.: 1486

QUOTE (Hummel @ May 18, 2010 07:01 pm)

it's:

"dear Z....

i wrote to tell you were we hide the Famo truck loaded with 5 tons of Sturmgewehrs. but first we have to dig to hide some 5 kubelwagens full with Fallschirmjaeger helmets and SS medals+order of battles. you can find what we have burried at this coordinates on 1:15000 map. 23'33''23' with 34'45'566'' N-W of village Turmeniza, at the forest edge. please take a shovel as you will need to dig to open also the burker network nearby that we assured nobody will open for 60-70 years. when you enter to the bunkers first room, on the left, you must be carefull at the K98 bayonetts rack.please do not take the DKW power generator that i think it will worth some arround 2000 euro in Germany in the future...
as i write you this letter i just found out that you were KIA...too bad. i'm allready on the road to my little pitoresque village in Transilvania so i'm not in the mood to delete what i already wrote to you, neither to go dig for the goods 60 years from now. to bad you're dead so i ask myself what will happen to this letter.

Z...."

i'm joking offcourse!! smile.gif
it's not something to interest you....
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Dragos1984
Posted: June 26, 2010 11:45 pm
Quote Post

Sergent

Member No.: 168

Very nice wink.gif I liked it~!
PMYahooMSN
ionionescu
Posted: June 27, 2010 12:43 pm
Quote Post

Plutonier major

Member No.: 2794

With all do respect, but I think you people miss the point here

Hummel, unearthed this letter presumably in the area around Stalingrad and wanted to know what it is written in the letter...
would you not do the same if you find a letter of a Soviet or German solder?

this is indeed a personal letter, and it has no important military value, but it is a letter of a Romanian solder which is presumed dead or captured, this is why we need to be careful and to be respectful, not to joke about it

to Hummel,
the letter belongs to
Cpt. C Rujani from 29th Artillery Regiment (Balți), 5th batallion, 14th Infantry Division ( Balți - moved to Iași in June 1940 when Bassarabia was occupied by Soviet Union)
Cpt. C Rujani was presumably from Dambovita county, Sura Ocniței ( http://www.maplandia.com/romania/dimbovita/gura-ocnitei/ )
and in the letter he settles a financial matter with a family member or close friend because he asks his father to clarify the problem if needed, in the end of the letter he greets his family and his father.

(if I make any mistakes please correct me)
Regards!
Hummel
Posted: July 28, 2010 12:19 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

QUOTE (seeker @ June 26, 2010 03:29 pm)
QUOTE (Hummel @ May 18, 2010 07:01 pm)

it's:

"dear Z....

i wrote to tell you were we hide the Famo truck loaded with 5 tons of Sturmgewehrs. but first we have to dig to hide some 5 kubelwagens full with Fallschirmjaeger helmets and SS medals+order of battles. you can find what we have burried at this coordinates on 1:15000 map. 23'33''23' with 34'45'566'' N-W of village Turmeniza, at the forest edge. please take a shovel as you will need to dig to open also the burker network nearby that we assured nobody will open for 60-70 years. when you enter to the bunkers first room, on the left, you must be carefull at the K98 bayonetts rack.please do not take the DKW power generator that i think it will worth some arround 2000 euro in Germany in the future...
as i write you this letter i just found out that you were KIA...too bad. i'm allready on the road to my little pitoresque village in Transilvania so i'm not in the mood to delete what i already wrote to you, neither to go dig for the goods 60 years from now. to bad you're dead so i ask myself what will happen to this letter.

Z...."

i'm joking offcourse!! smile.gif
it's not something to interest you....

biggrin.gif Good Dolbojb!
Hummel
Posted: July 28, 2010 12:21 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

QUOTE (ionionescu @ June 27, 2010 12:43 pm)
With all do respect, but I think you people miss the point here

Hummel, unearthed this letter presumably in the area around Stalingrad and wanted to know what it is written in the letter...
would you not do the same if you find a letter of a Soviet or German solder?

this is indeed a personal letter, and it has no important military value, but it is a letter of a Romanian solder which is presumed dead or captured, this is why we need to be careful and to be respectful, not to joke about it

to Hummel,
the letter belongs to
Cpt. C Rujani from 29th Artillery Regiment (Balți), 5th batallion, 14th Infantry Division ( Balți - moved to Iași in June 1940 when Bassarabia was occupied by Soviet Union)
Cpt. C Rujani was presumably from Dambovita county, Sura Ocniței ( http://www.maplandia.com/romania/dimbovita/gura-ocnitei/ )
and in the letter he settles a financial matter with a family member or close friend because he asks his father to clarify the problem if needed, in the end of the letter he greets his family and his father.

(if I make any mistakes please correct me)
Regards!

Grosse danke!
Ich wollte nicht mehr wissen!
Hummel
Posted: September 12, 2010 06:55 am
Quote Post

Caporal

IAR?

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0271 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]