Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (6) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Romanians in fightings in Afganisthan and Irak
nogras
Posted: February 06, 2007 09:35 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Group: Members
Member No.: 1312

31 nov 2004 – a detachment of 25 Romanian Army engineers embarked on three army trucks (trucks, not APC’s !!! ph34r.gif ) has been attacked by an I.E.D and three mortar rounds launched by iraky insurgents on the way to a bridge inspection near Al Mashru, Irak.. After the convoy halted, the insurgents opened fire with small caliber weapons (AK’s and RPK’s ), using the tall side road vegetation for cover. The soldiers disembarked and returned fire, during a 15 min skirmish. No losts on the Romanian side. As for the other side, not known (impossible to determine due to specific conditions on the site – could be none, could be many of them ).
PMEmail Poster
Stealth3
Posted: February 12, 2007 12:20 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 265

What exactly does Romania have to gain from fighting in Iraq? I mean they are in Nato, but the Iraq war isn't really a Nato operation. They were helped by the US to enter Nato, perhaps this is a way of paying back to the US?
Saddam's regime had million $ debts to Romania, but now everything is clear. Clearly Romania didn't gain anything from this war, in fact it lost something.
But regardless of that, what does it gain from supporting the American oppression. Surely we can't fall believing we can force democracy with a barrel of a gun. And surely we can't believe the puppet Iraqi government actually represents the Iraqi people more than the US interests.

Just some questions to think about....

Cheers, S3
PMAOLMSN
Iamandi
Posted: February 12, 2007 09:24 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Member No.: 319

A loat of millions...

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
tomcat1974
Posted: February 12, 2007 10:23 am
Quote Post

Plutonier

Member No.: 427

QUOTE (Stealth3 @ February 12, 2007 12:20 am)
What exactly does Romania have to gain from fighting in Iraq? I mean they are in Nato, but the Iraq war isn't really a Nato operation. They were helped by the US to enter Nato, perhaps this is a way of paying back to the US?
Saddam's regime had million $ debts to Romania, but now everything is clear. Clearly Romania didn't gain anything from this war, in fact it lost something.
But regardless of that, what does it gain from supporting the American oppression. Surely we can't fall believing we can force democracy with a barrel of a gun. And surely we can't believe the puppet Iraqi government actually represents the Iraqi people more than the US interests.

Just some questions to think about....

Cheers, S3

Now that's a distorted perspective..
Iraq was a nation united by one thing... Hate for Saddam. Remove Saddam and you have a nightmare to manage. Each comunity HATE each other.

US is to be blamed that they where very very naive believing that removing Saddam will solve/stabilize the situation.
Now with Iran pocking they fundamentalist nose in there... it will be very messy...
The only outcome will be Civil war.
I'd like US and Romania and all allies to get out from that hell.
In the mean time .... support you brothers send there to represent us as nation.
PMEmail Poster
Stealth3
Posted: February 18, 2007 01:04 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 265

Iran isn't really sticking its nose in Iraq. Its just Bush trying to find a scapegoat.
Think about it, its logical.

Most of the insurgents in Iraq are Sunis. There are Shia insurgents too but they are more controled, for example Sadr's militia. The Iraqi government is Shia and Shia in Iraq support Iran.
So why would Iran support the Suni insurgents? It doesn't make sense.
Maybe they are supporting the Shias, but in a less significant way then Bush makes it seem. His evidence on this isn't actually evidence at all.

But even if they do stick their nose, why not? The US or any other country for that matter would have done the same if put in that situation. And Iran isn't the only one interested in Iraq. The point is they aren't a big part like Bush says.
PMAOLMSN
Imperialist
Posted: February 20, 2007 02:09 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 499

QUOTE (Stealth3 @ February 12, 2007 12:20 am)

There is nothing surprising in the way Romania acts, considering it's a client state.

--------------------
I
PM
Iamandi
Posted: February 20, 2007 03:30 pm
Quote Post

General de divizie

And we hope they (USA) will trow us a little bone... like some old HUMMERs or maybe another things...

Iama
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
Imperialist
Posted: March 13, 2008 07:51 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Three Romanian soldiers injured in Afghanistan

During a patrol mission along the Qalat-Kandahar motorway, their armoured amphibious personnel carrier drove over an improvised explosive device

http://www.nineoclock.ro/index.php?page=de...d=20080313-8449

--------------------
I
PM
New Connaught Ranger
Posted: March 13, 2008 02:31 pm
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 770

Iran will support anybody in Iraq, on any side, just to increase the chances of destabling the region, in the hopes the U.S.A. and her allies, will pull out of Iraq and leave the country for Iraq to march in as a "peacekeeping force", much the same way as the Syrian Army of occupation entered Lebanon during the Civil War in that country and thy managed to remain there for over 25 years.

Kevin in Deva. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
Imperialist
Posted: March 20, 2008 05:40 pm
Quote Post

General de armata

1 Romanian killed and 1 injured in Qalat.

Some say they were driving a Humvee??

http://www.antena3.ro/Afganistan-Un-milita..._46983_ext.html

If they were driving one of those unarmored Humvees presented on December 1 then it was pure murder to send them in one of those.

--------------------
I
PM
C-2
Posted: March 20, 2008 06:35 pm
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 19

Since they are profesional soldiers,they must go wherever they are ordered to.
They had choosed this job for the money.

This post has been edited by dragos on March 21, 2008 09:12 am
PMUsers Website
dragos
Posted: March 21, 2008 09:13 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Off topic posts deleted.

C-2, can you please act maturely?
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
C-2
Posted: March 21, 2008 10:41 am
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

What are you talking about?
PMUsers Website
C-2
Posted: March 21, 2008 10:42 am
Quote Post

General Medic
Group Icon

OMG,I'll never became the nr 1 poster if you keep delaying my posts....
PMUsers Website
Iamandi
Posted: June 04, 2008 11:56 am
Quote Post

General de divizie

Mhm! As a reward for this thing - romanian soldiers in Irak - we have won the honour to be listed somwhere, as a protest, shoulder to shoulder (lol... i just remembered that translation "shold la shold" some years a go, when Clinton was in Bucharest)... shoulder to shoulder with our allied states:

"Citizens of countries mentioned below are not responsible for crimes committed by their leaders.
Citizens are only taxpayers of these crimes."

and...

"God, help Iraqi people to protect their motherland in their holy war against murderers from usa. I don't buy products made in usa and their "slave government" countries: england, bulgaria, australia, romania, japan, poland, latvia, georgia, the netherlands, south korea, philippines, czech rp., danmark, albania.
Join this boycott. Support Iraq - member of UN! Support UN organization! Support peace in the World!"[COLOR=red][SIZE=7]

Nice! My country is blacklisted. I'm a cittyzen of a "bad" (how to say properly?)... one of those evil countryes who oppress poor iraqi mans, women and childrens. Lol. I like iraqi people and Irak. I play World of Warcraft with a loat of people and one iranian guild ask me whenever i'm onlyne to go with them in raid instances. They are nice people too.

My country is a good one.

Iama

Edit: http://www.autogallery.org.ru/gal.htm
I forgot to post the link.

This post has been edited by Iamandi on June 04, 2008 12:00 pm
PMUsers WebsiteYahoo
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (6) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0518 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]