Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> uniform for reenacting, uniform source
Kepi
Posted: July 18, 2006 10:50 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 680

QUOTE (RHaught @ July 18, 2006 10:16 am)
Ok off into the steets to see what I can find! Any suggestions on specific shops to look at?

Try on Covaci Street area, near Piata Unirii (“The Union Square”). There are many antique shops. I enclosed a map of the area and I noted the shops locations with a red circle. There are several. The biggest red circle, on Splaiul Independentei, particularly worth a tour.

These shops are not specialized on Militaria but sometimes you could find interesting items (cartridge pouches, communist WW2 style bread bags, canteens, mess tins).

I hope to find interesting things at the Museum shop too.

Good luck

user posted image

PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: July 18, 2006 01:28 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

Thanks Kepi

Saw 2 stores on Covaci Street that contained some items of interest. Someone showed me a badge from the Iron Guard and was asking $700 rolleyes.gif . Like a teacher can afford that even if "a museum doesn't even have it". The one on Lipscani was minimul. Will be at the museum shop tomorrow!
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
the goose
Posted: July 18, 2006 07:33 pm
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 945

QUOTE (Wings_of_wrath @ February 05, 2006 06:53 pm)
There seems to be a small firm that manufactures replica romanian uniforms. They run a small shop in the basement of the MMN (Muzeul Militar National - National Military Museum) and they also sell original militaria like helmets, gasmasks, etc. Qualitywise the uniforms they make seem close to the originals, and the colour is ok. I belive the price is around 5.000.000 ROL (500 RON) for a complete uniform (trousers, tunic, cap, putees)
I will get back with a photo of the uniform they have on display at the shop, probably on Tuesday, since the museum is closed on Monday.

hello
are those still made and for sale ?
thanks
grtz
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: July 24, 2006 02:57 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Yes uniforms are still being made and sold. Look at mihneas' post in this thread:

Reenactment societies

He shows the colors of the wool. Believe that the #4 is what is being used right now. He is looking for new wool to use. Know of people who have converted West German tunics for reenacting purposes. For boots, that is another question. Will start a new thread tomorrow on starting a reenactment group in an area of infancy. Know that here in the US now, authenticity is strict. However in the beginning, German units were using East German uniforms, gear and boots. Though not correct, they were just wanting to get started and begin growing interest. Overtime, people began to make reproduction uniforms that matched the originals.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
mihnea
Posted: July 24, 2006 02:20 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

RHaught, did you bought anything from Bucharest, after all?

However I would not recommend the green cloth as it is too green, too far away from what color it should be.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: July 24, 2006 02:30 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

an ammo pouch dated 1943
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
mihnea
Posted: July 24, 2006 08:55 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

Could you post some pictures of it, especially the markings, but in this thread: http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=1176&st=75
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: July 24, 2006 09:22 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (mihnea @ July 24, 2006 02:20 pm)
However I would not recommend the green cloth as it is too green, too far away from what color it should be.

Right now there are two choices on the uniform. Allow people to use the green wool until another source comes along or get the uniform then try to find another person to produce it (this is really hard to do since most are busy with primary forces in the US). Have seen pics of the early days of WWII here in the US and except for helmet and gear looks like the army of the DDR.

Will post pics of ammo pouch tomorrow when I will have my camera back.

This post has been edited by RHaught on July 24, 2006 09:23 pm
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
wrmpilot
Posted: September 04, 2006 12:33 am
Quote Post

Soldat

Member No.: 612

Is there any way for a person in the US to contact the shop in the Muzeul Militar National - National Military Museum?
PMEmail Poster
Carol I
Posted: September 04, 2006 11:46 am
Quote Post

General de armata

Member No.: 136

QUOTE (wrmpilot @ September 04, 2006 01:33 am)
Is there any way for a person in the US to contact the shop in the Muzeul Militar National - National Military Museum?

Write to Dragos Diaconu, dragosdd on this forum.
PM
RHaught
Posted: July 15, 2007 04:12 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

This is more appropriate for this topic so posting here. Found a source for Dutch helmets. Besides the M34 they also have the M27. What are the differences between the two? I didn't see much but for reenacting both should serve their purpose.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: July 17, 2007 11:13 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Found two items that I am interested in. Can someone give information on the authenticity for each:

Belt Buckle on Ebay (is it late war or postwar?)

user posted image

ID disc, can someone give more specifics on these? From Ebay also.

user posted image

PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Claudiu1988
Posted: July 17, 2007 11:37 am
Quote Post

Colonel

Member No.: 398

QUOTE (RHaught @ July 17, 2007 11:13 am)
Found two items that I am interested in. Can someone give information on the authenticity for each:

user posted image

user posted image

The belt buckle is postwar and the ID disc I think is from ww2 but I am not shure.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: July 17, 2007 01:27 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (Claudiu1988 @ July 17, 2007 11:37 am)
QUOTE (RHaught @ July 17, 2007 11:13 am)
Found two  items that I am interested in. Can someone give information on the authenticity for each:

user posted image

user posted image

The belt buckle is postwar and the ID disc I think is from ww2 but I am not shure.

Figured the buckle would be post-war. Trying to find an example of war issued buckles to make an appropriate copy for reenacting. Wouldn't post-war do fine for reenacting purposes?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: July 17, 2007 01:32 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Here's a pic of the backside of the ID tag (from Ebay)

user posted image
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0397 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]