Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> uniform for reenacting, uniform source
darius1941
Posted: November 23, 2005 03:47 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Group: Members
Member No.: 725

Thanks mihnea for answering my question on the romanian messkits! I have too ask you where did you get your repro uniform?I have been useing a converted brown wool west german uniform which looks somewhat like the romanian ww2 issue but I would really would like too up-grade my impression and find someone who is making a good repro! And would you please tell me if the large canvas bag in your photo is a original or repro?I have been reading the rations which the romanian soldier had and I would like to ask about the type of beans that were used?And what was the pay for a private in the army?If anyone has reenact ww2 romanian let me know! I have never ran across a fellow romanian soldier at any of the events which I attend as a romanian.Thanks again for the help.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mihnea
Posted: November 23, 2005 08:41 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

Hi darius,

I made my uniform at a friend, he is a tailor and works generally for movies, but the kaki cloth is impossible to find, the cloth for my uniform was painted but it looks grate.

I think that the bred bag from that photo is original I have some more which are post war and are similar the only difference is the dark green painted leather, only in WWII the leather parts were painted dark green.

I have been reading the rations which the romanian soldier had and I would like to ask about the type of beans that were used?

I don’t think that individual solders carried beans.

Unfortunately there aren’t yet any Romanian reenactors just some amateurs, like me without any weapons and without any reenactments to participate in Romania.

Can you post a picture of your equipment?
PMEmail Poster
darius1941
Posted: November 24, 2005 02:59 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Hi Mihnea,Thanks again for your help and I would like ask you a question,would your friend be willing to make another uniform if he was able too get the cloth?What sort of blend is the cloth?100% wool or is it a blend of a couple of material? If you ever decide too sell one of those canvas bags let me know as it is alot better than what Iam useing.Most of the time when we attend these reenactment event we try to bring rations as close as what the real soldier would have eaten and I was wondering when the time comes to cook a soup that the romanian soldier would have made,what sort of beans would he have used.I know that most of the time soups,breads,ect was cooked at company or higher level by the cooks at the wagons,then served to the individual soldier,but only the german units here have cook wagons and they are to busy cooking german type rations! I can not post a picture of my equipment at the moment as Iam not set up for that with the proper equipment,hopefully latter.Maybe in the near future you and some of the other member of this forum can be the start of ww2 reenacting in romania! This can only have positive results as you are helping to honor the soldiers who fought in that war.when you get to the tactical level and push aside the living history side of it and get out in the field with just your fellow reenactor(no public) and start the fighting it bring you up to a new leval.You get a feeling of what it must have been like to fight in ww2.I read that you have to obtain a permit over in romania to own a rifle is that true? after you get a permit,can you find the rifle or are they hard ti locate?how about blanks/ Take care
PMEmail PosterYahoo
mihnea
Posted: November 28, 2005 12:22 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

There were many shades of cloth (stofa) used it depends on the manufacturer.

I will send you a PM about the uniform.

About the weapon owning it has already been talked.

There is still an long way to go until we get to go “out in the field with just your fellow reenactor(no public) and start the fighting it bring you up to a new leval”.
PMEmail Poster
Wings_of_wrath
Posted: February 05, 2006 06:53 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 809

There seems to be a small firm that manufactures replica romanian uniforms. They run a small shop in the basement of the MMN (Muzeul Militar National - National Military Museum) and they also sell original militaria like helmets, gasmasks, etc. Qualitywise the uniforms they make seem close to the originals, and the colour is ok. I belive the price is around 5.000.000 ROL (500 RON) for a complete uniform (trousers, tunic, cap, putees)
I will get back with a photo of the uniform they have on display at the shop, probably on Tuesday, since the museum is closed on Monday.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
mihnea
Posted: February 05, 2006 09:28 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

QUOTE (Wings_of_wrath @ Feb 5 2006, 06:53 PM)
There seems to be a small firm that manufactures replica romanian uniforms. They run a small shop in the basement of the MMN (Muzeul Militar National - National Military Museum) and they also sell original militaria like helmets, gasmasks, etc. Qualitywise the uniforms they make seem close to the originals, and the colour is ok. I belive the price is around 5.000.000 ROL (500 RON) for a complete uniform (trousers, tunic, cap, putees)
I will get back with a photo of the uniform they have on display at the shop, probably on Tuesday, since the museum is closed on Monday.

It has already been talked about it in the reenactment thread (http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=2360&st=135) and the uniform is identical to the one posted in that topic from, ebay, except that it has a white parade belt, a capela instead of the helmet and no gas mask bag.

Here are some detailed photos of my cap, tunic, pants and the puttees made by the same guy from the MMN shop:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

This post has been edited by mihnea on July 16, 2006 06:57 am
PMEmail Poster
mihnea
Posted: February 05, 2006 09:29 pm
Quote Post

Capitan

user posted imageuser posted image

ohmy.gif 2 meters long!!!
user posted image

This post has been edited by mihnea on July 16, 2006 06:57 am
PMEmail Poster
Wings_of_wrath
Posted: February 05, 2006 11:59 pm
Quote Post

Caporal

Member No.: 809

Well, since I only joined up 2 days ago, I didn't have enough time to run trough the whole forum, so I missed a few threads... ok, a lot of threads.... biggrin.gif Strangely enough, your post relating to the MMN shop is only from this morning...
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
darius1941
Posted: February 12, 2006 02:03 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Thanks wings of wrath for the information.
There are two of us forum members who are reenactors located here in the U.S. who want too do ww2 romanian and are planning on getting the uniform from the museum.

I have done romanian at serveral events but my uniform was not nearly as good as what is offered by the shop at the museum.
And the price is pretty good for what is offered.

Mihnea has given us alot of surport and photos and as soon as RHaught and myself get suited up in the correct uniform and make our debut together we will get some photos on the forum.

I have got the word out before but Iam looking for the messkit used by the romanian soldier in ww2 and should you by chance find any please give me a call. rolleyes.gif

PMEmail PosterYahoo
REGAL UNIFORMA COLECTOR
Posted: March 29, 2006 12:42 pm
Quote Post

General de brigada

Member No.: 198

Here is a photo of a WW2 French officers uniform. They are very inexpensive and found regularly on the market. It is almost a duplicate copy of a Romanian officers uniform. Same cut, color and cloth. All you have to do is change the buttons and colar patches.

user posted image
PMYahooMSN
RHaught
Posted: July 15, 2006 09:04 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 93

QUOTE (mihnea @ February 05, 2006 09:28 pm)
QUOTE (Wings_of_wrath @ Feb 5 2006, 06:53 PM)

It has already been talked about it in the reenactment thread (http://www.worldwar2.ro/forum/index.php?showtopic=2360&st=135) and the uniform is identical to the one posted in that topic from, ebay, except that it has a white parade belt, a capela instead of the helmet and no gas mask bag.

Here are some detailed photos of my cap, tunic, pants and the puttees made by the same guy from the MMN shop:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

How would the uniform handle running, crawling, crouching in the field? Also, how much would you be able to complete the gear aspect of a Romanian impression at the shop?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: July 15, 2006 09:20 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (mihnea @ November 28, 2005 12:22 pm)
There were many shades of cloth (stofa) used it depends on the manufacturer.

I will send you a PM about the uniform.

This would be useful since I will be there in 4 days. Any chance of receiving some advice?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
mihnea
Posted: July 16, 2006 07:12 am
Quote Post

Capitan

QUOTE (RHaught @ July 16, 2006 12:04 am)
How would the uniform handle running, crawling, crouching in the field? Also, how much would you be able to complete the gear aspect of a Romanian impression at the shop?

In September this year will take place the first real reenactment in Romania (with WWI theme). Until now I never tested the WWII uniform in the field, I used only once, last year at the Military Museums Open gates, it was al living history event, however the uniformed preformed very well. I haven't been to the museum shop since May this year, so I'm unable to help you with the second question.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: July 16, 2006 03:54 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (mihnea @ July 16, 2006 07:12 am)
In September this year will take place the first real reenactment in Romania (with WWI theme). Until now I never tested the WWII uniform in the field, I used only once, last year at the Military Museums Open gates, it was al living history event, however the uniformed preformed very well. I haven't been to the museum shop since May this year, so I'm unable to help you with the second question.

Hope you take some pictures of this? Know some WWI Associations that might be helpful if you would like some contact information for links and showing pics?

Will see what the shop has. Meeting boonicootza in Bucharest and will be heading there together. Guess I will have to see how it performs in the US during a real reenactment.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: July 18, 2006 10:16 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Ok off into the steets to see what I can find! Any suggestions on specific shops to look at?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0337 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]