Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (7) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bf 109 G-2 "yellow 14" - Monika, Lt. Dragos Stinghe mount on west front
Radub
Posted: November 21, 2005 07:40 pm
Quote Post

General de corp de armata

Group: Members
Member No.: 476

QUOTE (Dénes @ Nov 21 2005, 06:33 PM)
Perhaps another project for you? wink.gif

Yes, very much so. I was very inspired by the pictures and by the profile. That was why I was asking for the extra info.

BTW, if those were dices, any idea what the "draw" may be? 6-6? (as in "check six")

Radu
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Cantacuzino
Posted: November 21, 2005 09:44 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Group: Hosts
Member No.: 144

Valid observations, Radu. None of those details are depicted in the colour profile.

Radu, because this color profile is not so much detailed and not depict corectly the real "yellow 14", I strongly advice to choose one of the best color profile of romanian Bf 109 G the "yellow 3". Unfortunetly I don't remember the source (Mayby Osprey ?). tongue.gif It's very well documented and represent 100% the real plane. laugh.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on November 21, 2005 11:14 pm
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: November 21, 2005 09:57 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

In the top picture, near the left edge of the picture, one can see the last two letters of a word (right above the red D, in "D. M. Collection"). Any idea what that word was?

Radu

'Yellow 14' was in fact a G-2 previously flown by 9./JG 77. It crash landed SE of Mizil in January 1944
Denes

The name written under cockpit was probably the girl friend, wife or petdog of ex 9/JG 77 pilot who flew this particular Bf-109.

So the only one who can help you ( for the detective work) to find this pilot from 9/JG 77 is Denes. tongue.gif

I attached a close up with the last visible letters from this name. It could be ..Ril but also ...RA (like Werra ?)

user posted image

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on November 21, 2005 10:05 pm
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: November 21, 2005 10:19 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

QUOTE (Dénes @ Nov 21 2005, 06:33 PM)
Perhaps another project for you? 

Yes, very much so. I was very inspired by the pictures and by the profile. That was why I was asking for the extra info.

BTW, if those were dices, any idea what the "draw" may be? 6-6? (as in "check six")

Radu

This was the ideea when i posted this color profile. As an inspiration for future modelers projects.
I didn't post it for critics. tongue.gif I'm not payed like some authors of published profiles wink.gif
Only one side color profile it's never enough for a modeller but the dreams are starting with. rolleyes.gif
The reserch it'a long story and hard work. That why i post pictures from different angles and sources.
As a modeller you will never get correct answers to all your questions ( only if someone invented the "time machine " biggrin.gif )
Most of the time you will use the experience and "educated guess" to solve your issue as close as posible.

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on November 21, 2005 10:28 pm
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: November 21, 2005 10:30 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

The reserch it'a long story and hard work. That why i post pictures from different angles and sources.

user posted image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: November 21, 2005 10:33 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

unit emblem close up

user posted image

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on November 21, 2005 10:34 pm
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: November 21, 2005 10:41 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

user posted image
PM
Cantacuzino
Posted: November 21, 2005 10:43 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

user posted image
PM
Radub
Posted: November 21, 2005 10:44 pm
Quote Post

Hi Cantacuzino,
When I asked my questions I was only looking for help with an eventual model. No criticism intended.

Do you know whether the square white panels under the roundels were applied to the wings as well? (For example, is there a precedent: were there any such panels on other planes?)

Thanks for the info supplied so far.
Radu

Cantacuzino
Posted: November 21, 2005 10:47 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Radu

I don't have any clue for this dices ( that why i didn't painted on the color profile) For me looks very strange like square objects in the air with shadows on the fuselage blink.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on November 21, 2005 10:50 pm
PM
Radub
Posted: November 21, 2005 10:50 pm
Quote Post

The more I look at them, the less I beleive those are "dice".
May be some sort of marking.
Radu
Cantacuzino
Posted: November 21, 2005 11:00 pm
Quote Post

Host
Group Icon

Hi Cantacuzino,
When I asked my questions I was only looking for help with an eventual model. No criticism intended.

Do you know whether the square white panels under the roundels were applied to the wings as well? (For example, is there a precedent: were there any such panels on other planes?)

Thanks for the info supplied so far.
Radu

I was not talking about you. We are both from the same family of modellers.And you know why I started a thread like this ( for onest debate and not for eye critics)

As for the white square on the wings. If I will go back in time as the " Painter" i will paint all the german markings with the same paint( white) because is more practic.

Using white paint for cover old markings was not a common issue. It was rarely used. Most of the coverings were done with dark color (green or dark grey)

This post has been edited by Cantacuzino on November 21, 2005 11:07 pm
PM
Dénes
Posted: November 22, 2005 01:43 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Cantacuzino,
First and foremost, if you cannot handle valid criticism, don't post. No post = no problem. However, if you still post, then be prepared for criticism from anyone, including myself. Try to defend your position by using proofs and solid arguments, not feelings, upsets, etc.
Second, modelling and history cannot be separated. First comes history then modelling based on historical data (as much as it's available).
Third, I don't believe in colour artwork. Anyone can draw up pretty pictures, which may or may not be historically accurate (usually not) and can generate endless debates.
Fourth and final, I am posting corrections and additions on this forum, including your numerous posts, whenever it's necessary and I have info about, and not because of any personal vendetta or similar things you might imagine. Simply, I am not into this. I am into writing about and clarifying details connected to the history of Rumanian aviation and history in general. Period.

Now let's get back to business and try to sort out the details of this intriguing machine, as much as we can. Shall we?

Gen. Dénes

This post has been edited by Dénes on November 22, 2005 01:49 am
Dénes
Posted: November 22, 2005 02:12 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cantacuzino @ Nov 22 2005, 03:44 AM)
I strongly advice to choose one of the best color profile of romanian Bf 109 G  the "yellow 3". Unfortunetly I don't remember the source (Mayby Osprey ?).  tongue.gif  It's very well documented and represent 100% the real plane. laugh.gif

If you have any comments regarding this profile, open a new thread, don't mix up stuff here.

I will hapily convey your criticism to John Weal, the profile's author, along with your name and e-mail address, so he can reply to you directly if he wishes so.

Gen. Dénes

P.S. I see that the profile of Yellow 14 published above was created by Dan Melinte, so please convey my corrections to him. biggrin.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by Dénes on November 22, 2005 02:47 am
Dénes
Posted: November 22, 2005 02:32 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cantacuzino @ Nov 22 2005, 03:57 AM)
'Yellow 14' was in fact a G-2 previously flown by 9./JG 77. It crash landed SE of Mizil in January 1944
Denes

The name written under cockpit was probably the girl friend, wife or petdog of ex 9/JG 77 pilot who flew this particular Bf-109.

So the only one who can help you ( for the detective work) to find this pilot from 9/JG 77 is Denes. tongue.gif

The German pilot's name was Uffz. Rolf Olejniczak. It could be a significant clue.

Gen. Dénes
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (7) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0273 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]