Romanian Military History Forum - Part of Romanian Army in the Second World War Website

Pages: (17) « First ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Are there any Romanian WWII reenactment societies?
RHaught
Posted: January 11, 2006 02:38 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Group: Members
Member No.: 93

QUOTE (Kepi @ Jan 10 2006, 12:37 PM)
For some details (and pictures) concerning the WW2 Romanian army equipment I would also recommend Horia Serbanescu’s articles in “Militaria” Magazine: « L’armée roumaine 1941-1945 » Nr..110 / September 1994; « Le fantassin roumain a Stalingrad» (I) and (II), Nr.154/ May 1998 and Nr. 157 / August 1998; « Le fantassin roumain à Budapest, 1944-1945 », Nr.164 / March 1999.

Thanks for the info and diagram. What about types/name of equipment? Know helmet model but what about pouches, etc.?

Would get articles but magazine is in French and haven't spoken it in 10 years. Should make it interesting to read it again.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
darius1941
Posted: January 13, 2006 12:43 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 725

Good evening to everyone.

What I enjoy about this forum is how everyone is willing too help everyone out with as much information and surport as possible!

I cannot recall where I had read the information about the french gasmask bag,but this seems to be incorrect.Thanks for the help!

What I would like too ask and find out about is the post war bread bag.
When did this bag enter production and how long was it being made?
Is there a certain designation for this bag/mask?
What are my chance of finding one of these bags for reenacting?
This is a very important piece of equipment for reenacting as it will hold just about everything we need too take into the field.

I could also use the same information on the post war equipment straps.

What can you tell me about the belt buckle?
Did any of the original survive the war? Any pictures?

PMEmail PosterYahoo
RHaught
Posted: January 13, 2006 11:01 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

I would like to know if there is a straight forward list of items that a regular infantrymen/mountain trooper had? To keep looking through books is a real pain and believe such a list might help others interested get going with the impression.
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Victor
Posted: January 13, 2006 11:55 am
Quote Post

Admin
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RHaught
Posted: January 14, 2006 12:14 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Thanks Victor

I also have the book and should be helpful.

Florin (in NJ), you might be interested in doing this impression for reenacting! biggrin.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Kepi
Posted: January 16, 2006 09:39 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Member No.: 680

QUOTE (RHaught @ Jan 11 2006, 02:38 AM)
Thanks for the info and diagram. What about types/name of equipment? Know helmet model but what about pouches, etc.?

Would get articles but magazine is in French and haven't spoken it in 10 years. Should make it interesting to read it again.

The WW2 infantry equipment was adopted in 1939 when the new Czech built ZB (VZ-24) rifle entered service and the field uniform was modified: side cap (“boneta”) instead of “capela”, no side pockets and collar patches for the tunic, baggy trousers instead of breeches, leather anklets instead of puttees, “Dutch” style helmet instead of French “Adrian”, etc.
So, the new patterns of cartridge pouches (similar to the Czech model), the bread bag, the knapsack are M. 1939. During that period the M.1935 gas mask (Polish pattern) was also carried.
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: January 16, 2006 11:47 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

If the uniform, overcoat etc. was khaki, wouldn't it be possible to convert a WWI AEF uniform or use the material to make a Romanian uniform since the American M1912 uniform was khaki as well? Just wondering since I have 2 of these reproduction uniforms and one was made too large.

This post has been edited by RHaught on January 17, 2006 08:46 am
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
RHaught
Posted: January 17, 2006 08:50 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

It was stated earlier of having a composite of items needed. Joe Mikolajczak of Dutchies Militaria received links to our discussions as well as those Victor has linked to assist us and he is looking through his contacts for items. He is a reenactor who also likes to see new impressions. Any information would be useful to him so if you email him put in subject line "info for Romanian impression" and it looks like the game might be on to actually find original, repro or post-war items to be offered by a vendor. biggrin.gif
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
Kepi
Posted: January 20, 2006 08:40 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (RHaught @ Jan 16 2006, 11:47 AM)
If the uniform, overcoat etc. was khaki, wouldn't it be possible to convert a WWI AEF uniform or use the material to make a Romanian uniform since the American M1912 uniform was khaki as well? Just wondering since I have 2 of these reproduction uniforms and one was made too large.

The WW1 American greatcoat can be easily converted in a WW2 Romanian soldier greatcoat. However, there are some minor differences: the Romanian pattern had turned up cuffs and had no rear strap. The buttons are metallic, plain, painted kaki.

The Romanian M.39 greatcoat:

user posted image

The US M.1918 enlisted men greatcoat:
user posted image

user posted image

From ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/WW1-U-S-M1918-Greatcoa...1QQcmdZViewItem
PMEmail Poster
Sturmpionier
Posted: January 24, 2006 04:24 pm
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 630

Hello guys,
can anyone post info and images of the entrenching tools used in the Romanian army during WW2.

Thanks in advance,
Sturmpionier
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: January 25, 2006 10:01 pm
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Kepi,

Most likely will convert a WWI AEF overcoat since I have 3 and are cheap to get.

Next question is this, would the man at the museum be willing to make uniforms for us in the states? ItalianFront is getting mixed reviews here in the US from reenactors. This site rates various vendors in the hobby. (Reenactor Vendors Guide)
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
darius1941
Posted: January 26, 2006 08:41 am
Quote Post

Fruntas

Member No.: 725

I went on ebay this morning and there is a gentleman who makes reproduction romanian uniforms,item number 6600325977.
It is sold as a set along with belt/buckle gasmask bag,breadbag,ect.
The price is over $300.00 U.S. which may be a bit high price for some.
The only problem I found is that I already have some of the items and would not need the entire set so I email him and ask if I could purchase only what I need.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Kepi
Posted: January 26, 2006 09:08 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

QUOTE (RHaught @ Jan 25 2006, 10:01 PM)

...would the man at the museum be willing to make uniforms for us in the states?

I guess so.

His name is Dragos and his email address is: dragosdd@yahoo.com. He speaks English. I think he also could help you with some post war (Communist era) original items such as: bread bags, waist belts, canteens, water bottles, similar to the WW2 models.

Good luck!
PMEmail Poster
RHaught
Posted: January 26, 2006 10:14 am
Quote Post

Sublocotenent

Thanks

Just emailed him and will wait to see his response. As Darius1941 states the seller from Romania has another repro uniform up on Ebay for $350. By US standards that is cheap. However not sure about quality. Has anyone dealt with him before?
PMUsers WebsiteAOL
mihnea
  Posted: January 26, 2006 11:35 am
Quote Post

Capitan

Member No.: 679

I can't find the Romanian uniform on ebay, can some one, please, post the direct link.

This post has been edited by mihnea on January 26, 2006 11:36 am
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (17) « First ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0667 ]   [ 14 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]